Should I "Update" my fightstick

Hey guys, I have a Madcatz PS3 TE2 Fightstick. The problem I have is that it is of the older generation I believe. It requires that I have a special adapter for it to be playable on my PC which is the VIA 1.1 USB adapter. I was wondering how I would be able to upgrade it so that I don’t have to rely on a hardware. It can definitely be a problem if I was to go to a friends place and not be able to use it.

Yes.

Next time read the stickies, Including the one that titled “Info Thread: Rules, FAQs and Tutorials Inside. (READ THIS BEFORE HITTING THAT NEW THREAD BUTTON!)”.
There is a huge list of threads that are linked there with guides, FAQs and the such.
There already a thread that covers this topic and covers just about every solution out there if you are willing to sit down and read.

That said the actual TE2 does not have this issue.
If you followed the rules you would came across the link to a thread titled MadCatz PS3 TE FightStick on Win7 32/64-bit
The issue is only with Mad Catz PS3 TE sticks from 2009, the Street Fighter IV TE (known colloquially as the Round 1 TE) the Street Fighter IV Round 2 TE, and the few themed TE sticks before the TE-S came out with a diffrent PCB design.

Next time you have a small one off question, Do not start a new thread.
head to the Absolute Question and Answer Thread and post your question there.

We don’t need people posting new threads when the same question asked a thousand times over, and we do not need a dozen threads covering the same topic.

What should be the steps to upgrading? I am assuming that all I would need to do is replace the PCB with a newer version? Or I have to do something else.

If you only play on pc you dont need to upgrade, your stick works on any pc usb port.

Easiest, most universal solution is just to replace the PCB inside of the controller with one that would be compatible for windows.
There are a large selections of boards on the market you can select from, everything from a pre-excisting controller to kits where the board has easy to use screw terminals for easy insulation.

I am assuming of course you have a older TE and not the TE2, and the PS3/PS4 version of the TE2 does not have this issue.
If you don’t know the difference, does your stick has a easy to open top panel that is hinged on the back, if that is a yes you have a TE2, if not you don’t.
Also the PS3 version of the TE-S also does not have this issue, you know if you have the TE-S as it would have flat sides instead of the larger “wings” associated with the Mad Catz TE.

Color and game theme can vary

TE2, Top comes open with latch in the front, hinges in the back.

Spoiler

http://madcatz.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/89480_UltraSFIV_PS4_3.png

TE-S Flat sides

Spoiler

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41%2B872zhqqL.jpg

TE, “winged sides”

Spoiler

https://greyinggamerdotcom.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/madcatz_ps3_sfiv_fightstickte.jpg

Wow, this one extra thread really ruined your day, huh?

Probably the 20 others like it on this and other topics.

I completely agree. There should just be one forum on the Internet and only one broad thread for each topic. That way no one would ever have to be bothered to jump at someone and tell them that their question doesn’t deserve a thread.

Ahh. Must of read the name wrong then. I have the TE-Round 2 which is the all black, “winged” model. Sorry. I actually did search around and didn’t find a solution until the end of the post just now. Guess I got a little impatient. Came across an answer saying the Zero Delay PCB is a good choice to work with. Thanks.

Or knowledgeable people could aggregate the answers to commonly asked questions in a centralized and easily referenced location, along with actively maintaining that knowledge base and answering questions without shitting up the boards with new threads that bury truly distinct topics.

What a load of shit. It’s not like this place is bustling with activity. The OP’s question was just fine for a thread but you people decide to come in here and bully the new guy anyway. It’s almost as if this place is a PUBLIC FORUM for discussion. There’s no FAQ for the OP’s question and if he bumped a 7 year old thread with a question you same people would probably be trying to bully him about that too.

You don’t give a shit about “distinct topics” being buried. All you care about is shitting on new members and playing backseat mod. So glad this forum has an ‘ignore’ feature.

1. Tech talk is probably one of the most active parts of the forum
  2. There is a stickied thread, mentioned above
  3. Me too.

I think this thread ran its course.
@d3v would please take a look here and make a decision. Thank you for your time.

@BurnYourEgo I wouldn’t waste time with that troll Cosmocalypse, he just looking for trouble.

This post is quite un-called for. Darksakul actually did give out a whole lot of helpful information in both his posts directed at the OP.

In any case, it seems that the OPs main question has been addressed and this thread is just getting derailed. As such, I believe it’s time to close it.