Sim 2013 changes form top players

dhalsim

I hope to define a list of constructive changes from players who have a deep understanding of the game mechanics and have had success. I will edit this post and re post it on Capcom Unity when the Sim thread opens.

F. Champ:
My take on this

1. If capcom nerfs CAMMY / FEILONG / SETH / IBUKI and Hopefully removing unblockables then that will make SIM PLAYERS LIFE EASIER!!

2. Proposed Change: Increase stun on all his Normals and more dmg!!!
    Rationale: The problem with sim is that he doesnt deal much damage or stun… in which ur opponent can just take multiple risks with VERY high reward…

3. Slight Dmg / Stun will change the meta game fighting sim that means they have to think now instead of a brainless rushdown strategy …
    Also i dont get it why sim doesnt have a DASH FORWARD lol

Arturo Sanchez

• pending

LuckyD
1)
Proposed Change:
A standing normal to be change to hit twice

Rationale:
To have a way to discourage players from continuous FADC dash through Sim’s limbs. As it stands, Dhalsim does have some ways to deal with focus dashing though they are very high risk. Random yoga flames, back short to other norms or canceling short slide into teleport/fire/flame but they are all high risk and not true block strings

Proposed Change:
Ex Flame invincibility on startup.

Rationale:
As always it is Sim’s goal to NEVER allow yourself to get corner or into a vortex. Characters that are rush down oriented with safe pressure are virtually unwinable at the highest level. Giving Dhalsim a way to to ‘get people off you’ can help alleviate the weakest aspect of his gameplay. With this said, I would not be willing to give up the -1 on block making it safe.

Snafoo

• pending

My personal (PLAYING TO W1N) list:

Proposed Change:
Decrease start up or recovery time of Yoga Fires. Start up from 14 to 11 OR recovery from 48 to 35. Not looking for an exact frame count… just a buff.

Rationale:
At midscreen Sim has to throw fires with more fearlessness than Ryu… In my opinion there are very few matchups that should be fought at the standing light kick range (give or take a little bit). T. Hawk, Rufus and several others fall into this category. Giving Dhalsim an improved mid range game will help increase zoning effectiveness. If you make the mistake of not randomizing your fires, an opponent can literally react (not guess) to a fire and land huge damage and position. This buff leads into the next propsed change.

Proposed change:
Give us a meaty setup off back throw + fire. By decreasing start up or recovery on fire, it can give us a meaty fire/tele mix up off back throw.

Rationale:
Unless you back throw into the corner, you are limited to a strictly timed safe jump teleport. I would like to gain some offensive prowess after a back throw.

Proposed change:
No change here! DO NOT TOUCH OUR HARD KNOCKDOWN OFF EX FLAME!

Proposed Change:
After a back MP anti air counter hit, opponent will be in a juggle state.

Rationale:
You do not jump on Sim! It might be argued that a juggle state is to powerful after a counter hit B MP as you could land Ultra or super… but these are already reliable anti airs. I would like this change to account for some same that was taken from us in AE.

1. To be continued…

Dhalsim v2013 wishlist

My take on this

1. If capcom nerfs CAMMY / FEILONG / SETH / IBUKI and Hopefully removing unblockables then that will make SIM PLAYERS LIFE EASIER!!

2. Proposed Change: Increase stun on all his Normals and more dmg!!!
    Rationale: The problem with sim is that he doesnt deal much damage or stun… in which ur opponent can just take multiple risks with VERY high reward…

3. Slight Dmg / Stun will change the meta game fighting sim that means they have to think now instead of a brainless rushdown strategy …
    Also i dont get it why sim doesnt have a DASH FORWARD lol

I hope that we won’t be trolled again with stuff like:

Far pokes got reduced by 5 dmg each
To compensate for this nerf, HK Yoga Blast got his startup reduced by 1 frame and can now juggle twice

I am so sad that there are so many people who want to nerf dhalsim. As a casual player against other casual players I get mashed.

Dthread is up

Ya a lot of people hate the character or the match up so they ask for nerfs.

I’d like to see Capcom give Sim a fake yoga fire attack. qcf+short (audible “Yoga”) animation: puff of smoke and has shorter frames than the actual yoga fire attack.

ehhh i would rather see the startup/recovery on fires decreased…

" Decrease start up or recovery time of Yoga Fires. Start up from 14 to 11 OR recovery from 48 to 35. Not looking for an exact frame count… just a buff."

FYI, the recovery column for projectile attacks lists the total duration of the move, so, say, Ryu’s fireballs start up in 13, recover in 32 and have a total execution time of 45 frames. Likewise, Yoga Fire lasts a total of 48 frames. The actual recovery time is 34 frames. Eventhubs’ frame data doesn’t note this at all, which is why we use the SRK wiki, of course.

ahhh thx man…

since you seem to be up on your knowledge… there is something i have always been baffled by.

Sim has a 4 fram safe jump tele port off hard knockdown. If you do it on sagat it always works, however, if you just wake up ultra with sagat… the ultra lands even though in starts up in 10 frames? the frame data wiki for sagats ultra 1 is 0+10.

i notice a lot characters have ultras that have #+#. no idea what it means

No idea, actually. it has something to do with the ultra freeze/super flash. the ultra freeze does eat inputs, so that can be the cause. Like, you tele, ultra freeze, during which you press the button. It won’t get registered, and you may not be blocking when the ultra freeze stops. That, or you might still be in the air because sim is floaty as hell. Can’t even mash air tele because you just used it. Still, it’s a 4f safe jump so it shouldn’t matter. Anyway, get hold of a sagat, test it out. Try holding downback or mashing teleport like mad.

We have backthrow + fire ex. Fire ex is great: cannot be focused, it has less recovery than any other fireball and can be a dirty way to make the opponent guess or waste meter. My rule is: ALWAYS use an EX after a backward throw.
Against half cast this fireball is meaty, some char can jump out of it, but you can punish that jump with standing HP (instead of teleporting).

you know you can literally neutral jump i on wake up? what are you talking about when saying its meaty on half the cast?

I mean that it depends on hitbox enemy. I’ve tested a lot in training mode, and about half cast cannot neutral jump on wake up. They will hit twice by the fire. Juri and Viper surely can avoid, Zangief, T.Hawk and Honda cannot. It also depends if your fire ex is done at the first frames after the throw.

Are you sure they will jump? Use standing HP and you deal 175 damage. Not bad for Sim :slight_smile:

I’ve a list with some tests somewhere at home, I can write an article if I’m sure somebody will read it here.