Hey Everyone… For my summer project I’m building a simplified mini Vewlix Style Arcade Cabinet design that anyone can put together with just some basic power tools and some wood from any hardware store. My budget for this build is about $300 (excluding a console & monitor which I already own). I will be updating this post with my build process. Any suggestions or feedback would be much appreciated!
Power Tools Used:
- cordless drill / screwdriver
- circular saw
- 30mm / 24mm forstner drill bits (for the button holes)
*FYI - Im using a black and decker “Matrix” power drill system that has swap-able attachments for all the tools i listed above. Pretty awesome.
- Asus VH236H “Evo” 23" Monitor
- Sanwa or Seimistu Joystick and Buttons (haven’t decided yet)
- PS360+ PCB
- Whatever I console/pc I decide to plug it into.
- $100 for lumber, plexi, and random hardware
- $55 for sanwa buttons / stick - (will be using a left over PS360+ but add $60 to the build)
- $25 for artwork printed
- $25 for paint
- $20 LED light bar for marquee
Thanks for the support everybody!
Current Specs for the build (revision 4):