Slagcoin button layouts unworkable for Sanwa screw ins?

I noticed a lot of the main button layouts (eg vewlix) have some buttons spaced apart only 33.5mm.

Sanwa screw ins are 36mm, and so by my reckoning the button layouts are atleast 2.5mm short (the button nuts will overlap).

Anyone else noticed this?

I posted something similar in the Customcade thread, asking about the use of screw buttons with one of these templates. After posting, I realized that the buttons that appear to be closer (like 33mm) are actually near 36mm center-to-center.

You have to calculate the center to center spacing of the inclined buttons using a triangle and the Pythagorean theorem (c= a+b). So for the Vewlix template they have, taking the first two buttons on the lower row, you’d have:

c=33+14; c=35.85

So if the layout’s cut is good, at least you could use some Seimitsu buttons which are 35mm, or mix and match.

and who said you’ll never use algebra when you graduate… pfffft.

Well I really want Sanwas.

What about just changing the 33.5mm spacing to 34.5 or 35.5mm?

i used a few of the layouts and they all work fine

if i remember correctly there are multiple spacings etc

-joe

Some buttons in some arcade layouts are slightly less than 36mm apart. Sanwa snap-ins do not have a problem with this, but Sanwa screw-ins do. To counter this, all you need is one or two Seimitsu button screws; 30mm Seimitsu button screws work on 30mm Sanwa screw-in buttons. In fact, I used some clear Seimitsu button screws to secure a Vewlix layout in one of my builds on the site.

I thought I made this clear on my site; maybe I’ll have to go back and look. Eventually I’ll get around to refining this area again anyways; figuring some electronics stuff has been devouring my time lately.

I actually prefer the clear screws because they are more attractive. Akihabara shop offers them individually for about $.40 (when they are open); maybe if you ask Lizard Lick nicely to buy some, they can help you too.

Thanks. Terrific site by the way, and I mean TERRIFIC! :rock:

[quote=“slagcoin, post:6, topic:61548”]

Some buttons in some arcade layouts are slightly less than 36mm apart. Sanwa snap-ins do not have a problem with this, but Sanwa screw-ins do. To counter this, all you need is one or two Seimitsu button screws; 30mm Seimitsu button screws work on 30mm Sanwa screw-in buttons. In fact, I used some clear Seimitsu button screws to secure a Vewlix layout in one of my builds on the site.
QUOTE]

I take it the Seimitsu buttons screws are a lot slimmer than the Sanwa?

Thinner AND not as tall.