Slash.. 3v3.. EVO! OH WOW!

Whoa! SRK listens! Thanks! What would teams be? OMG!
R.F/Kindebu/MIU??
FlashMetroid/Alex G./??
Marn/Ruin/???
Cue/Jamarr/Yoo?
Poon/Kjunk/Fubarduck??
Kenji/Finalshodown/j1n?!
Jamie Austin/Irennicus/??!

Who will come out on top?!
ALL THESE ARE JUST GUESSES! BUT THINK OF THE TEAMS!! AND POSSIBILITIES! OMG! BEST EVO EVER!!!

ShotoSymp/Japanese Hooker 1/Japanese Hooker 2

I gotta give it up to the staff for pulling this idea. Thanks SRK for your continued support of Guilty Gear. This was an awsome solution. Ya Im talking to a bit of Floridians and a few Texas people. We should have some solid teams by the end of teh week. :slight_smile:

Tight work SRK. We love ur doggy style!!!

Daigo/Daigo/Daigo

Off/His/Nuts.

IM TAKING THE CREDIT

actually im taking a mulligan

fifu

honestly id assume my team would be something more along the lines of, kenji, me , destin… But only me and kenji for sure most likely depends…

This event will be really awesome, if we can get 180 people again like last year. Can you imagine 60 teams? It’s really intense, and would make the entire event fly by quickly.

deucey/deusey/justus

fausto!~ fuck the world

hmm, wonder why everyone is so in favor of team tournament. well this’ll be a good experiement for future games. props Are you guys gonna do this japanese style where you can’t have the same character on one team? Hmm, guess I’ll have to wait for the details.

Chaotic Blue

so happy for the gg community and props for EVO/SRK staff… thankyou

Wow GJ EVO, this is tremedous :slight_smile:

This is why -> http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=884

That is probably the opposite of why, if anything that post makes me fear supporting a team format in any game because it might be considered an endorsement of the ideas contained within.

I don’t really understand. If it’s not to promote a wider base of characters, then why else?

Admittedly playing a teamformat has its drawbacks such as carrying and most worryingly the alienation of players that can’t field a team, but I feel using a teamformat right now would be a good time to see if it’ll work in the States. Maybe this should be discussed in another thread, though.

Team tournaments reduce the importance of tiers in every game. I suspect that’s probably why Japan prefers them…

Let me put it this way: 3rd Strike singles tournaments are unbearable at the highest level, because it always ends up being a two-character game (Yun & Chun-Li). But Japanese team 3s is my absolute favorite fighting game to watch; the upper-mid and mid and low-tier characters are diverse and deep, but very few of them really stand much of a chance against Yun & Chun. In a team tournament, though, there’s much more variety in matchups (since you can’t have more than one of any character on a team of 3) and there’s more room for luck that can allow these characters to get past Yuns and Chuns.

That’s the most extreme example, I am sure, but it also makes any other fighter much more entertaining for the spectator (and, at least in the GGXX community, the vast majority of players).

Bravo, Evo, for doing the right thing. I sincerely hope this becomes the norm for American tournaments.

-Josh

Q/Hugo tag team was too good

Shit if thats the case I might go this year

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

drew can be on me and maliks team called team gentlemen’s punch (you so hard in the funk youll shank)