I found this thread running through the forum so I thought I would give you some intel as I am a Rose player. I do not know Boxer enough to tell you what you should use as a punish, but my explanations should help you find out what to do.
On the technical side: Rose frame slide has 8 active frames and is -6/-3.
So at best Rose will end at +1 on block/ +4 on hit.
C.mp is 4 frame startup and can combo from a perfect slide.
C.lp is 3 frames
Close standing MK is unthrowable
From max range slide , Rose cannot Throw you except if you press a button, so no need to untech, but the other options listed below are still available to her
So on the game side :
- If the slide is deep punish at your ease in any case, but throw is NOT you best punish I think.
- If Rose is godlike(last active frame of the slide), she can combo into C.mp.
However, even if the slide is block, she has some good frametrap so do no press any button after a block slide from max range except if it is a special move with invicibility. .
*If the slide is not perfect(let’s say from frame advantage from -2 to +3 ), this is where you have to make some guess ( except if you are using an invicible move).
On hit: Rose can still have a good frame advantage and has several viable options.
On block: Rose might be even or slighlty negative.
Rose options after slide.
- C.lp(3 frames): counterhit a lot of the opponent moves. But the opponent might be out of range if he blocks.
- C.mp OS drill : counter hit a lot of opponent moves and kill back dash with drill if C.mp whiff
- C.mp OS C.lp+C.lk : counter hit a lot of opponent moves and will
- block and wait/punish
(- C.lk (4 frames startup and 4 active frames): can stuff some opponent moves as well but boxer has a 3 frames so it might not be a good move in this matchup
(- St.MK : might go over some low moves to score a counter hit)
(- Back dash punish with standing HK but backdash is very risky against boxer )
Be careful with throw punish because:
- Rose might be out of your throw range if she blocks after slide.
- She might do unthrowable Close st.MK and stuff your throw.
I remember Boxer has some armor moves that might shutdown a lot of rose options.However, this is leaving you open to Rose’s throw as those moves have slow startup(I think ???).
Ex head but is invicible but I am not sure you can punish a near max range slide with it as it might whiff over Rose ???
Also be careful of
-far away(whiffed) slide into C.HK,standing HK, C.mk, St.Mk or all of Rose zoning moves. But I am sure a boxer with charge can handle those pretty easily.
-backdash after a blocked slide because Rose can punish it with Clp or Cmp OS Drill setup or even on reaction with c.HK.
If Rose became predictable or if you see the slide, Balrog can punish on reaction:
- sweep ; it stuff Rose’s slide.
- Focus Absorb lvl2
- Also if you have charge : your armor move can absorb the slide move and punish it
- Super, Ultra
To punish the slide before you get hit or go into hitsun is the best way and this is scary for us rose players !!
I hope this help.