So, has this year's Evo changed your outlook on the tiers any?

I was bent on competing, but because of something that happened so abruptly with Hellion, I couldn’t go. My plans were ultimately ruined, and I couldn’t help but avoid contact with my folks and throw shit everywhere. I just needed that break from my surroundings in this boring and empty year, not to mention a new car to drive to college with. Reading about how fun Evo was on these boards just makes it even more depressing.

I’m slowly getting over this now after hearing of Dr.B’s match with Daigo, but what I’m still aching to know is what characters and grooves were picked besides, of course, the top ones. So whoever went to the CvS2 tourney, if you know of any interesting matches, and I’m sure there were a lot, please post 'em here. Characters, grooves, player results, what new strats you saw, helpful commentary from top players,… everything. And most of all, voice out what impact you think this has had on the tiers, if any.

All I definitely know for one is that S-Groove should be viewed with hella more respect now, from players in both the US and Japan.

The dopest player I give respect to is VDO from Detroit…his Rogue/Colossus/Ken was the shit!!! Thats what I call staying true to your team…and its lower tier…just imagine a finals with lower tiers!!! That would be dope…but will prolly never happen…anyways…theres hope…I for one use Iceman and that nagga is Coooooolllll…

-B.:lol:

I noticed that a lot of people used Chun, makes me want to try her out more extensively. Guess I’ll take a Cammy break.:lol:

BTW which character is more easier to use IYO, Chun Li or Cammy? :bluu:

That’s nothing new to me. Lots of people have always been using Chun.

And the consensus is that Chun’s the better character, but I believe Cammy’s easier to use.

C-Chun used to her fullest potential is better than Cammy, period.
Same tiers as always in the past couple of months… #1 A-Sak #2 C sagat # 3 C chun #4 A Bison #5 C Guile. Chun is eaiser if you can RC well, Cammy if you can’t.

Just because Daigo uses C Guile, it does not make him top tier… he is definitely not ranked 5…

I read in Buktooth’s Random Stuff thread that the Japanese are wholly beginning to consider Guile as top-tier, but I don’t remember the specifics on why that is.

So what about mid and low-tier characters? Any good matches seen with any of them?

Yes I know many people used Chun before, it’s just that in the tournament nearly all the teams mentioned in the brackets ('cept INO and a few others) had Chun Li.:lol:

The thing about Chun li is that her s/c.mp seem to suck against Sagat, unlike Cammy who can poke fairly him very easily.

If your name is Daigo, Guile=top tier:lol: Seriously tho, I say he is high mid tier.

What you guys fail to understand is that tiers are not dependant on ease of use. Tiers are always determined at the highest level. Daigo is at the highest level obviously, and his C-Guile is the best C-Guile around. In other words, he is maxing out Guile’s potential. There is no doubt that his Guile… that is a Guile at its fullest potential… is top tier.

What you guys THINK is top tier… powerful and easy to use… is the definition of “scrub character”. Top tier means just that… in the most powerful group of characters in the game. Whether or not YOUR skill level can show that is irrelevant.

Somebody teach me how to use any groove Yamazaki :lol:. Somebody also should make a list of all these kind of characters. K/S Bison is too top tier too.

To Gunter: Exactly.

GUNTER

you hit that shit on the NOSE right there.

people just want characters to whore around with like the usual cammy abuse shit

"
What you guys THINK is top tier… powerful and easy to use… is the definition of “scrub character”.

Fighting AGAINST Yun

This doesn’t make sense to me.

Surely, P-Zangief is then top tier? Because if you’re playing him at the highest level of play, you can parry anything into 0 frame SPD. If you max out P-Zangief’s potential, he can kill anyone.

How to beat my friend?
How to beat my friend?
How to beat my friend?

(This doesn’t make sense to me.

Surely, P-Zangief is then top tier? Because if you’re playing him at the highest level of play, you can parry anything into 0 frame SPD. If you max out P-Zangief’s potential, he can kill anyone.)

Well… that’s not Zangief’s potential, that is P groove’s potential.

And P groove is very very scary if you fully master it with some mind reading skill.

Learning the cast

K-groove Geese to full potential is top-tier.

No. You still have to be in RANGE for the SPD. Characters can easily keep Gief out of range, even if he’s parrying like a madman.

We’re talking about characters that HAVE been used to their fullest potential. Show me a K-Geese on par with INO or Tokido.

It shows nothing. It shows that Ino prefers other characters to his playing style. He does in fact use K-Zangief. Does that mean K-Gief is top tier? Of course not. It means that he LIKES ZANGIEF.

Geese is an extremely good character. His best groove is most likely K. K-Geese is therefore an extremely good character. Whether or not he is top tier depends on how big you want to make the tier. He can hang with the majority of the cast as far as K-Groove characters go (they all die to A-Sakura pretty much), and he can hang with the accepted top tier. Since those are the usual requirements for a top tier character, I wouldn’t have any problem with someone saying K-Geese is top tier.

Well, you can’t really judge top tier solely on what made top 8 at SBO. A-Maki, A-Joe, K-Rock, A-Todo, A-Guile, K-Rock, K-Kyo, K-Hibiki, C-Ryu, and C-Ken all made the top 8. I don’t think anybody is going to declare that A-Maki and C-Ryu are top tier any time soon.