So I was a little pissed off today

This thread has to do with what does or doesn’t define a human doormat. If you are too bored to read the whole thing, click the Back button your browser right now.

Today, as I entered one of my classes, I noticed that a female life form was sitting in my usual seat (lets just call it seat 1), and there was a bag/purse in the seat next to her (seat 2). Upon asking, she said her friend was sitting there. So I just sat at the next seat over (seat 3). Her friend comes in and, surely enough, that purse/bag in seat 2 wasn’t her friends’, it was her OWN that she was leaving there to ‘reserve’ the seat for her. Now at this point I’m thinking to myself “wtf business does she have taking my seat AND reserving one next to it??”. I would love to have picked up the purse/bag, thrown it at her, and sat in seat 2 while saying “tell your friend if she snoozes, she loses”. But of course, that could have escalated the conflict. And it probably isn’t a good idea to sit right next to a person you had a falling out with.

But, at the same time, I am painfully aware of how prone I am to being a human doormat, and always seek an opportunity to prove that I am not (when appropriate). Since the issue of seating is too trivial to fight over, I deemed it not appropriate to get confrontational.

This internal conflict between desire and pragmatism was so intense, I was feeling so many negative emotions, that I couldn’t speak or breath properly; I was so shaken up. I thought about bringing some hot coffee with me in a future class and “accidentally” spilling it on her. But after considering what happened to the old lady that spilled mcdonalds coffee on herself, I threw that idea out the window because it could backfire in the worst possible way. Now I don’t care anymore. But I do want to know: wtf do you do when people step over you, but not over something significant enough to fight about??

Added: just so you know, this is NOT the same female that has unbearable cleavage that I mentioned in another thread. It isn’t even the same class. So please, no “tittybang her!” comments.

Tittybang her harder

EDIT: Okay, okay. Just don’t care. You seem capable of that. If it is getting to you don’t let them know. People will exploit that shit. Suck it up, champ. You are a doormat if you start associating yourself as one.

If you feel so strongly about it then you should have pissed on all the seats in the entire row and claimed them as yours then you wouldn’t have this problem. You may think I am joking but I am not. King of the ring.

Just sit somewhere else? Seriously, who gives a fuck?!, its a damn lecturehall! Is your story supposed to be odd? Are we supposed to think shes some kind of bitch and be empathetic toward your plight? The chick wanted to sit beside her friend in the class instead of you. Is it really that hard to comprehend why someone would save their friend a seat?

Your ignorance and sense of entitlement baffles me.

well it has more to do with the fact that no seats are officially “reserved” (obviously she understands that since she took the seat that I usually sit in). So if I really prefer to sit there, I should be able to by virtue of the fact that I arrived there before anyone that is intent on using that seat did. In other words, she’s a hypocrite. But there was nothing about either of those seats that made them more desirable than seat #3. So I did the sensible thing. But now, I realize that this is exactly what a human doormat does all the time.

Exactly. MARK YOUR FUCKING TERRITORY!

And at your above post, no, it’s not what a doormat does all the time. It’s what a normal, sensible person does for the sake of being nice. First of all, there’s no such thing as “your seat” in a lecture hall, shut the entire fuck up please. Secondly, if a girl wants to save a seat for her friend, she has every right to. If you want to be a fucking dick about it then get confrontational about it and tell her she’s not allowed to do so. Then enjoy having everyone in your class think you’re a complete idiot.

It has nothing to do with being a doormat, it has to do with being sensible and not sweating the little things, you dumbass.

I feel like a man now.

Holy shit guy. Were there only like 4 seats in the entire room? Christ, if these are the problems in life you need to make a thread about I am extremely jealous.

Seriously, all participants?

Come on.

There is nothing wrong with reserving a seat for a friend

Now please go kill yourself

Why the hell hasn’t this guy been banned yet Val?

Flaming threads by this guy has become as trite as “fucking 09’rs” or “stairs.” Where have all the good trolls gone?

RC & Val tag teamed them into oblivion.

Or is that crossover assist-inated them?

Meh.

As I see it.

The only reason I read it is cause my eyes glanced over the word “cleavage.” wish I hadn’t now. :tdown:

Pissed off>pissed on.

Or pissed in, for that matter.

As I see it.

lmao what a little bitch you are. i must say while reading your story i was thinking, “oh shit, she took the nigga’s seat and now she’s gonna do some other shit to style on him, this is gonna be good…” except there was no other shit and it wasn’t even your seat, lame.

WHY DO YOU GUYS KEEP REPLYING TO BEGUILDED :confused:

c’mon!!

• Don’t encourage him. We’ll probably see a news report, about some guy getting tackled at school, by another student who thought that he was playing a hero by stopping a gun-man if he does. Guessing that he’s black by assumption(wang and race effects).

Just throwing this out there.

‘Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” says the Lord. On the contrary: “If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.’

• Romans 12:17-21, The Bible

dude, I go to class all the time and have people sit in ‘my seat’. And they’re usually dudes. Cuz there aint no pussy in networking classes. Man up and sit close to her and just stare at her titties until she feels compelled to sit at the back of the class.