SoCal Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars Tournament @ FFA 1-30-2010

Tournament Flier

TvC:UAS finally hits the states and officially releases on Tuesday, Jan. 26, 2010!

In celebration of the stateside release, I’d like to host this tournament at FFA.

Please post up if you’re attending! Please try to bring your own sticks!!!

We will have several setups available.

I will record matches and post them on my youtube channel.

FFA
10363 Balboa Blvd
Granada Hills, CA 91344
818-360-0419

Times and Fees
-Sign-ups: 3:00PM-6 PM
-Start tournaments @ 6:00PM
-Entry Fee: $5 per person
-Prize Money Distribution: 70%/20%/10%
-Casual before and after tournament

Rules
-Will be playing the US version of TvC:UAS on the Wii
-Double elimination
-Normal sets are best 2 out of 3 games, Losers and Grand Finals are best 3 out of 5 games
-Standard settings (start w/1 bar, 99 seconds, regular damage)
-Winner keeps characters, loser can change characters or keep current characters
-Pre-match character switching (hold down OR hold P button before battle begins) is legal and player has to stick with current character.
-All characters are legal, however giants [Gold Lightan and PTX-40A] may be softbanned.
-No freeze, invisibility glitches, etc. or player who initiates glitch forfeits a round.
-Stage select is legal. If the fire stage is picked both players must agree to fight on it.
-Will be played on whatever screen ratio matches the television: if we’re playing on 4:3 TV, the station must be assigned to 4:3. Likewise, if we’re playing on a widescreen TV, it must be on 16:9 aspect ratio.

Contact me @ 661-312-8289
Text messages are also accepted!

I hope this gets a great turnout!!!

Good luck West Coast!

Hoping UAS will pick up in the USA!

Good luck West Coast!

Hoping UAS will pick up in the USA!

This is Hype!! Anyone from the East reppin’?!?!

I really hope so, too!

A message to all: Feel free to advertise where ever appropriate!

Not that I know of… It would be awesome if any other players from out of state would show up! Maybe we can set-up a TvC major sometime!

I will probably be there for the tournament

I dunno if I can make it cause of work, but I will try!

Hey Royal, Im there… I met you at the FFA one of those Friday nights…

u know me…lol
and Ill be sure to tell Yaris if he is down for this

I’m very curious as to whether Yaris will continue with the new Karas. I hope he can make it!

he came over when I told him i got the game early, he wasn’t happy with the new balanced Karas, he wanted to try out Tekkaman Blade…so who knows
its a saturday, so im preety sure he can make it, not 100% though

I might switch my team up a bit, Im luving Yatterman-2’s combos too much

woot im there just got a hold of tekkaman blade and im loving it

Wooo! We’re also on the front page with the Tournament Calendar!

I might need several people to bring Wii’s for the event. I’ll personally address you via text or PM.

Just to clarify, after asking most people that plan on attending, the tournament will happen as scheduled on Saturday, Jan. 30.

Even though the starting time for the tournament says 6:00PM, it may start a bit later. AND I am willing postpone matches for players in order to give them a chance to play while respecting time constraints on personal schedules.

Just to keep everyone on track, if everyone that I have contacted or expect to enter, we could get at around 12 people total (and this doesn’t include people that might enter on the spot). That’s the larger than any of the TvC:CGoH tourneys that I’ve run in SoCal.

Me and my friend are for sure…coming to this

Yaris wants to show up, but hes got no ride & no car at the moment, so we might be able to swing by to pick him up
so thats 3 total coming

if you need a Wii RoyalFlush, as long as you provide a TV, I will bring my Wii
and take a look at ur Wii later that day…
GET HYPED!!!

Alright, folks. Tournament is today! I will probably be there around 3:30PM-4:00PM. Tournament will probably start at 6:00PM-6:30PM.

Rayzyrbyrn: will if you read this, I’ll postpone your matches as best as I can! Just try to make it as soon as you can!

Now streaming!

good shit to everyone. justin took it 3-1 in winners finals. i say give it a month before the next ranbat, like right before final round, and lets see what we do there. make justin come back! hopefully i can make the next one. lemme go to orbitz and see what a quick plane ticket would be like to go to the next one. might be cheaper to rent a car though. im only 3 hours away. lol