Hey guys this thread will be a discussion as to what team ratio you prefer. It can be discussed by either listing pros and cons or whatever you want to get your point across. Let’s get ball rolling.
1 Character Team:
- 1.70 Damage Multiplier vs. other ratio teams (1.00 vs. same ratio and best out of 3 round format).
- More Health in comparison to other teams.
- No access to assists to extend combos or supplement rushdown, keepaway, or defense.
I think 1 character teams are decent, but the lack of assist really irks me in this game. At least most of the cast has some sort of weakness or something they need an assist to supplement. But I feel that the damage output and life somewhat makes up for this. But if thought in terms of characters with high life and damage, I start to think about the common grappler character. They usually have high life and damage but most often lack in solid tools to get in and apply the damage, when compared to low life characters with vastly more options (cough Seth cough Viper*)
2 Character Team:
- 1.30 Damage Multiplier vs other ratio teams (1.00 vs. same ratio)
- Access to one assist to extend combos or supplement rushdown, keepaway, or defense.
- Less Health in comparison to 1 character teams.
This ratio I tend to favor the most. Gives access to assists and I believe if the player is creative enough can easily make up for the damage drop-off from the 1 character ratio (about a 25% drop compared to 1 ratio). As for the anchor not having backup if point character dies kind of restricts the 2nd slot. Most likely you’d want a good assist that can also play unsupported just in case. I’m sure any character can still put up a fight still with 1.30x multiplier and decent health, but for sure it’ll always be an uphill battle against a 1 ratio character.
3 Character Team
+Access to two types of assists to extend combos or supplement rushdown, keepaway, or defense.
- Can call only one assist per combo.
- 1.00 Damage Multiplier vs other and same ratio teams.
- Less Health in comparison to other ratio teams.
I tend to like this ratio the least. It does give variety in that you essentially have two 2-character teams assuming only the point is killed. But I feel the drop in damage (about 42%) and life can’t be overcome. Especially with the fact that only one assist can be called per combo, as to why this is, I have no idea. If a 2-ratio anchor vs 1-ratio was hard enough, I’m sure a 3-ratio anchor vs 1-ratio would be even harder.
Phew, well those are my somewhat brief thoughts on this. I’d definitely love to hear everyone else’s thoughts on the “ratio” system and which ratio will prove to be the best.
edit: Thanks to not so saint for referring me to the table and srk wiki for the info.