Some HRAP EX-SE Problems and Questions

I just bought a HRAP EX-SE a month or so ago, but due to a few unfortunate accidents, it fell and landed heavily on the stick. Now my smooth 360’s and 720’s are shoddy and fail to go off consistently. When I’m on the left side, I can’t do the f, d, df motion for a shoryuken at all, it won’t even register the diagonal, and practically means I can’t low block on the left side.

I know this beast has an LS-32 in it. My question is, how would I go about changing it if I were to buy a new one? I haven’t opened this thing up yet because I’m lacking the tools, but I’m not too keen on soldering.

Also, for the Hori Arcana Heart 2 stick, how difficult would it be to fit in a replacement joy stick and change the buttons outright? I heard the buttons were soldered, not sure of the stick.

Sorry if this is all posted somewhere! I would greatly appreciate help so I can go back to beating people up proper.

Open HRAP EX SE.
Label where each wire goes to.
Cut each wire close to Microswich Terminal.

Remove Seimitsu LS-32.
Do by unscrewing the Ball Top and unscrewing Mounting Plate from Mountain Bracket.

Strip off insulation from end of each wire.
Crimp on .187" Size Quick Disconnect with Crimper Tool or pliers or hammer.

Install new Seimitsu LS-32.
Plug in Quick Disconnects to Microswitch Terminals.

That is all.
No soldering done.

HRAP Suggoi! Arcana Heart 2 have Buttons soldered to PCB.
Joystick is use Wire Harness.

Mounting Bracket in HRAP Suggoi! Arcana Heart 2 will not take Seimitsu LS-32-01 without modification.
Either by removing Mounting Bracket from Control Panel and drill holes into.

Or modify LS-32-01.
http://erwin1.blog64.fc2.com/blog-entry-14.html

Buttons will be done same as HORI Tekken 5 and HORI Tekken 6 and the HORI Fighting Stick line.
http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=153627

Whoa thanks for the prompt reply. I’m sure I can find where to buy the quick disconnects and the proper tool, but I wasn’t looking to swap the sanwa in the Arcana heart 2 stick, just looking to replace it with the same stick just in case it gets busted from rigorous use. Which I’m sure won’t be too bad.

I hate to double post, but is this the proper size quick disconnect I’ll need? Female 18-22 AWG .187" Quick Disconnect?

Sorry for being such a newb.

Yes that’s the type. you can find them sold individually at the Lizard Lick website. Scroll all the way down and select .187 quick disconnect. I advise you to buy about double the amount you will be using just in case you ever need to redo a quick disconnect.

http://www.lizardlick.com/pages/electrical.shtml

Thank you. I plan to buy the wholly insulated ones listed because I like ambitious projects and have been meaning to start a stick making project from the ground up. I appreciate the help… Still curious on the replacing of the Suggoi! Arcana Heart 2 stick inside, swapping the same stick in case it breaks, but I can probably do some research later.

Oh, so replace JLF in HRAP Suggoi! Arcana Heart 2 with new Sanwa JLF.
That would just be simple screwing off and putting new one in.

And in order for me to put seimitsu in the Suggoi! Arcana Heart 2 stick I’d need to do some hard process I could barely understand? :]

Yup.
Laugh.

But that is for Seimitsu LS-32-01.

You can put in Seimitsu LS-56-01 no problem.
Just replace default VF Mounting Plate with MS Mounting Plate.

So I take it then that the regular LS-32 won’t go in?

It does go in.

Seimitsu LS-32 has RE Mounting Plate.
Installed would be too short.

That is why use Seimitsu SS Mounting Plate in LS-32-01.
It fives +5mm.

Mounting Plate can interchange from LS-32 and LS-32-01.
But not going to change anything.

With the modified Seimitsu LS-32-01, you see it use the RE Mounting Plate.
Because since the Mounting Bracket in HRAP Suggoi! Arcana Heart 2 only take the flat style.

By making the Base of the LS-32-01 shorter, installing would make the Shaft higher.

Here you see Seimitsu LS-32-01 installed with RE Mounting Plate; not modified in non-Universal Mounting Bracket.
Then you see Seimitsu LS-32-01 installed with SS Mounting Plate; not modified in Universal Mounting Bracket.

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/8315/100yen.png

See how short it is in the HRAP SA?
HRAP SA has same Mounting Bracket as your HRAP Suggoi! Arcana Heart 2 and HRAP 3 and others.

HRAP SE has Mounting Bracket you see in your HRAP EX SE.
It can take the SS Mounting Plate, having Seimitsu LS-32(-01) mount correct height.

You are a god among men, sir.

I guess that means I have a new Sanwa stick that will be unused.

Why?

Well I’m gonna take it out of the Arcana Heart stick and trade it for seimitsu inside. That means I’ll have the unused sanwa joystick.

Oh.
Cool.

So what Seimitsu Joystick are you putting in?

I like the feel of the LS-32, but you recommended for ease of implementation the LS-56. Is there any different feel between the two?

Well if you putting Seimitsu LS-56-01 in HRAP Suggoi! Arcana Heart 2, then even less work.
Because do not have to replace Mounting Plate, just use default VF Mounting Plate.

It is with the Universal Mounting Bracket that would require swap VF Mounting Plate for MS Mounting Plate.

You are very helpful… I wonder if someone will trade an ls-32-01 or 56-01 for the Sanwa stick in here >.>

A play by play of how it went.

Got all the stuff.

Unscrewed the top, began to unscrew the stick. The problem was exacerbated by two stripped screws when I went to unscrew the stick from the mounting bracket… I decided to try to reverse engineer the stick while it was resting inside the case still, and hit trouble with removing the e clip… Once I got that off, I said screw it. Drilled holes into the stripped screws and pulled em out. Then I cut the wires for the quick disconnects, which were hard to put on since they were vinyl. Get all that set up, I place the plate in and… it won’t fit. I had to drill a section of the case away near the XBOX Live guide button and mic port for the quick disconnects to fit.

Estimated time I thought it was going to take: 1 hour.
Actual time: 4.

but it works, I think.

Now all I need is a new e clip and 4 new microswitches and I can build another ls 32.