Something liston told me

A while ago now… couple months… but he said that getting first attack makes you do more damage…

is that true?

Unless training mode and my tests are wrong…

thats false.

i don’t think it makes you do more damage through out the match, but it might make the combo do slightly more damage.

however i doubt capcom would design the game like that.

IMO it’s most likely false, but you never know?

I hope not.

Its not.

i didn’t think so… but for example… go in ST… (i know, different game, blah blah)… have two bisons constantly c.hk each other… despite they’re hitting each other, the one that got first attack does more damage… so i was just wondering if it was the same… he said that they do a lot more damage… but idk… liston isn’t a scrubby player mind you… he was top 10 @ ecc i think… 7th maybe?

Viscant tested it for me (I’m not near a console ATM) and he said the same thing, it’s false. He had 2 Sent’s do the same combo to each other, one of course went first, time ran out, draw game.

So no damage bonus for first hit.

Good, I would have been very dissapointed in Capcom if they pulled something like that.

arite, thanks

Wait, but the test was only for get the first attack clean.

What about a Trade

Does the character that did the move a slight sec. before the other get a more damage bonus?

Like say at the start of the round.

1 magneto does magnetic shockwave, and the other one does it after the super freeze.

in thoery, the one that did it first will hit the other, but they will both get hit in a trade cause well know how magnetic shockwave works. So my Question is since both did a trade but 1 hit before the other, would the 1 who did the attack slight faster get a higher damage bonus?

maybe the damage bonus only happens in trades?

What you said doesn’t make any fucking sense. Someone still “hit first”. So the same applies, just because it’s done faster doesn’t change anything.

lol retarded.

Both characters do the same move but one does it faster than the other, but STILL trade.

The one that did the move faster gets the first attack, but still both attacks trade.

Maybe thats when the game gives a damage bonus.

Get it?

Uh, whoever did the move faster will hit first, unless that move has some startup invincibility AND hitting frames begin only when invincibility disappears. So it would be like the slower person getting hit by a meaty attack and doing a reversal at the same time. Or something.

Or are you talking about supers?

ok say both magneto’s do a C.lk at the start of the round, both are going to trade.

HOWEVER one will get the first attack.

maybe thats when the damage bonus is given.

Hmm… I don’t recall “FIRST ATTACK” popping up when Mags trade c.lk.

AT THE START OF THE ROUND…

maybe when one side gets the first attack bonus, the lk did an extra point or so of damage.

please just stop.

You People Are Slow As Fuck

Yes, I know, when two Mags trade c.lk (switch glitch) at the beginning, I don’t believe I’ve ever seen FIRST ATTACK come up, for either side. Please, why don’t you go test it and keep the results to yourself?

actually…
YOU’RE SLOW, YOU ARE NOT SONIC THE FUCKING HEDGEHOG, AND SHUT THE FUCK UP.

When you trade hits on an even stance, there’s no “first attack”. OCCASSIONALLY, there will be a first attack, but c.lk doesn’t do enough damage to tell if it’s on a small percentage scale. trade rocket punches at start up and go test that shit and see if your theory is right. if there’s anything most of us cannot stand is people that will speculate random bullshit and not go test it out for themselves. we’re not your fucking bitches to go test out your random speculative theories. fuck you.