Soooo ... theres nothing new with adon?

adon

Nothing new like a setup or trap that one can apply on all or most of the characters?
The only thing that I have seen here is people talking about adons instant air jaguar kick, and thats it. I wanna know if someone else has discovered something else with adon where we all can capitalize and use in our matches with him.
I havent seen somebody saying about his neutral jump roundhouse kick. Its an instant overheard, and even if the opponent can use a shoryuken move to hit you on your way down, chances are they will be like wtf and dont react fast enough to retaliate. On your way down, once you are on ground you can try throwing them ( most of the time it will result in a tech ), or use a rising jaguar ( kinda risky, but most of the time the opponent will try to throw you when you get on ground, so … ).
Also I use standing close medium kick for meaty attack after they are recovering up from the ground. Most of the time I two-in-one it with a HK jaguar kick, and sometimes I link it to a crouching medium into whatever, but the link is tight.

Lets see…

Adon has really good fake outs you can use against shotos. His MK.JT for instance is a really good feint if you found that you are constantly getting HK.JT punished by DPs. Since they will whiff when you do MK.JT you can immediately dash forward and catch them with a throw or combo. As for people throwing LK.DPs you might probably not be able to combo them after they execute it, but throwing them should be fine. DO NOT overuse JT as it has crap priority and even regular jabs can easily punish it.(Learned that the hard way). Rather, use it as corner pressure.

For grapplers like Zangief, HK.JT is a GREAT fake out as 70% of the time they will go for a 360 after blocking HK.JT. So far, i don't think it's possible to do a RJ after block because they will ALWAYS be able to grab you before it. So your options after your HK.JT being blocked is to A. Jump over them and go for a cross-up B. Use your ultra(if you have it), U1 and U2 works perfectly. C. NJ.HK into RJ(i think you can link mk after NJ.HK though, but it might have to be hit a bit deep).

This is in general, since i have a habit of abusing JT, I find it annoying that people randomly jump back hoping to catch me with a HK to the face.So, use the feint as mentioned above, and immediately MK.JK or EX.JK(EX version being the safer option). This is a pretty awesome tactic since you might be able to combo into Ultra 2 after the EX.JK(emphasis on MIGHT as i haven't tried it before. Or if you have quick reactions, just before they reach the peak of their jump, do EX.JT into Ultra 2.(this is the unsafer option).

P.S: This is my first ever post on SRK! Hope you find it helpful!

nj.hk is fantastic, but you need to be careful with it. It works great against characters like Ibuki who beat you in the air but spend a lot of time jumping at you. You can combo off of it easily (by bnb punishing combo is nj.hk > hp > hk JK) if you are hitting on the way down.

Be careful not to abuse it, of course. It can be unsafe against certain characters even on hit if you use it as an instant overhead. Basically, be prepared to follow up with a RJ or something with high priority when you land, because your opponent will be trying to catch you landing.

Oh man, this is really dangerous. Lariat beats JT solid, any gief can stop it on reaction pretty easily. MK JT can get caught by greenpalm when you’re landing. Vs. Gief, I find that using HK JK to stop jump-ins (and, if you space it right, go over lariat) works well.

Against gief, forget that jaguar tooth exists. He can lariat you or he can punish you with SPD after blocking and you can do nothing against it. Same deal with jaguar kicks. The only JK’s you can attempt is very well spaced ones that land outside of SPD range, or air JKs.

In fact jaguar tooth is a very situatonal move. Using it often (and against some players/characters, at all) is a good way to lose.

I don’t see why you would use meaty MK. You have much better options, I don’t know why someone would get hit by that. You have awesome crossups if you learn to time them well VS dragonpunches. You have a fast jump so against non shotos you can often safejump with j.HP, works very well. Neutral jump HK also can work. A spaced HK jagkick will beat DP’s and such, as well as chip damage. You can meaty with c.LK then hitconfirm into RJ and ultra. You can slightly delay a HK rising jaguar to catch crouch teching. You can also catch that with LK IAJK and of course you can throw or even kara throw with HK. It’s a mediocre kara throw but adon has already good throw range.

I’m trying to see if i can option select after a knockdown with Adon’s cr. FP (the lunging move he does fwd) , but i’m not sure how that would work. It seems to work well as a meaty, and usually it has good enough recovery that even if they block, (cuz i timed it wrong), they can’t hit me back, and i can bait/go for a throw.

Any suggestions?

I suggest you use a different approach to wake-up pressure.

cross up with medium kick, fierce punch xx roundhouse rising jaguar.

That’s not a good idea for a number of reasons. It can whiff, bad if blocked, too slow so it might not combo in some spacing etc. Why try to reinvent the wheel with things like meaty c.FP when you have more effective options? Naked meaties are not very effective in sf4 to begin with and if you want to do a meaty you might as well do the one that hits low and lets you hitconfirm into stuff. I guess s.FP is decent too cause you can link off it.

Don’t think of wakeup as something that goes “I MUST DO SOMETHING”. Think of what they can do: block and crouch tech, block and do nothing, block high, reversal, safe jumpable reversal, backdash, jump, teleport, reversal throw, something with armor. A high meaty only beats one or two of these options (the worst ones, jump and maybe reversal throw, if that). A great wakeup option is something that beats a lot of these options while also rewarding you with huge damage and staying safe. You can’t always have something great but you get the point.

cross up mk into st. fierce is such a bad idea.

That shit does not consistently and you have to do like a deeeeeeeeep ass cross up for it to have the fierce punch to hit. I only use Fierce -> HK Rising Jag as a punish.

Well a good wakeup option against opponents is EX.JK. This will beat out jumping,crouch blocking, any attempts at dashing(if timed properly, since you want it to hit just as your opponent is up), safe on block.

Though it will not work against anti-air reversals(and even certain Ultra reversals), you can teleport right through it. BUT against characters like akuma, you can bait out a teleport since your spacing makes it ambiguous whether or not you’re gonna do the EX.JK.If they teleport away, do EX.JT(might have to be timed a bit late) and you might be able to combo it into Ultra2 if their in the corner, if they teleport forward, just walk/dash back and punish accordingly. Don’t overuse EX.JK, throw it in here and there and keep your opponent guessing, as they might find themselves knocked down alot by it. Hm…I should follow my own advice as i tend to do more JTs than JKs. Guess i’m used to fighting too many scrubs online.

Well a good wakeup option against opponents is EX.JK. This will beat out jumping,crouch blocking, any attempts at dashing(if timed properly, since you want it to hit just as your opponent is up), safe on block.

Though it will not work against anti-air reversals(and even certain Ultra reversals), you can teleport right through it. BUT against characters like akuma, you can bait out a teleport since your spacing makes it ambiguous whether or not you’re gonna do the EX.JK.If they teleport away, do EX.JT(might have to be timed a bit late) and you might be able to combo it into Ultra2 if their in the corner, if they teleport forward, just walk/dash back and punish accordingly. Don’t overuse EX.JK, throw it in here and there and keep your opponent guessing, as they might find themselves knocked down alot by it. Hm…I should follow my own advice as i tend to do more JTs than JKs. Guess i’m used to fighting too many scrubs online.

Uhh, I dont know if it’s new but Adon’s forward dash is stupidgood. He ducks super low, and it’s really fast. It’s great for sneaky crossups, like when you knock someone out of the air. Most of the time you can dash under them while they’re doing that backflip-air-reset before they land, you just have to be quick.

It’s GREAT against Akuma’s air fireballs. Just string a few dashes together one after another and you’ll be able to punish Akuma during his landing frames every time. Great against Bison too when he’s playing his stomp and drop games, the key is to just be fearless and commit to two or three dashes, and really want that punish.

Oh, and if you’re getting crossed up on wake up it’s a great option in some situations. I only play online and I get the feeling most of the people I play aren’t exactly timing their cross ups correctly but wakeup-dash=good

after knock down, you can do meaty stand close short and hit confirm into crouch jab. it works on all characters and is a great meaty that comes out too fast for your opponent to react to whether it be fast normal, throw, reversal, jump or anything but block. It even works on crouching shotos on wake up.

Also, Adon’s neutral jump short has tons of active (14 frames) and extends Adon’s landing hit box but not his hittable hit box, making Adon land slightly sooner when you do the move. It does enough hit stun to combo c.jab and c.short off of hit as well.

About the dash, I found out that Adon can actually dash THROUGH opponents who are doing an overhead on you when you’re on wakeup. Though it might be hard to land a combo after due to the spacing the dash creates.

ok just starting to get really into adon and the more i play with him, the more i HATE THE SHORTCUTS!!! because adon has 2 dp moves sometimes i get rj when i want to do jk.i wish his jk motion was the same as the air one (especially since qcb was the original motion for the move when he returned in Alpha 1). and to stay on topic, not sure if this is new or not but i (might have) found a new way to do instant air jk real low like cvipers instant bk.the motion is qcb,uf,b+k(quickly) if this is is new hope it helps.can be applied to juris dk as well

the jaguar kick is backwards dp so you should not get rj, unless your hands are mashing or going crazy, just do the motion calmly and make sure your getting the motion right. And wait b+k u mean back plus kick i dont know if the back would help with anything

Ya if you get the wrong special, that means your stick is on the wrong side of the gate. No excuses there man…
Not to mention totally irrelevant
But yeah, ignore the posts here and explore Adon yourself, half the posts here are people who have no idea what the fuck they’re talking about.
Not naming names.

lol this.

Stop mashing and you’ll be fine. If you’re getting RJ when you’re trying to do JK, then your hands are going way to crazy. As frenchie said, calm down and work on your execution in the training room.

Fact: Adon has Tourettes.

Hahahahha
I thought I was the only one who noticed.