Soul Calibur 2: Basics

Yea. I’m picking up this game. What are the basics I should know about it? What are the extra things I should know? Are the characters tiered??

I hope I don’t get flamed…

yay an sc2 thread!

well if you want to learn this wonderful wonderful game, the best characters to start wiith (and by this i dont mean that they are cheap chars, the best part of this game is that each char has so much depth, ie everyone can beat anyone if the player knows what he’s doing)
are kilik and mitsurugi some peeps also suggest starting w/hvy hitters like nightmare but i find him to take more practice compared to someone like kilik, due to the fact that his basic moves are way to predictable and it takes some time to effectively mix attacks up/ with his stances

another basic thing bout this game is u got to know when to use 8 way run, cuz sometimes it gets u into more trouble thna its worth.

for basic info goto www.guardimpact.com

if you need more character specific info u can just ask here… my best char is voldo so i can pretty tell u a hella lot more bout him than someone say raphael

edit: im not gonna go into tiers cuz i find it harder to class chars in this game than mvc2 + i most likely would be wrong

GI.com is dead go to soulcalibur.com for up to date info

generally accepted tiers(in no order)

Top-
Xianghua
Taki
Yoshimitsu
Astaroth
Cervantes

Mid-
Kilik
Ivy
Talim
Mitsurugi
Voldo
Nightmare
Maxi
Cassandra

Bottom-
Yunsung

Raphael is kind of a gray area because no one has really figured out all of his moves and combos yet, but with his stances ,evades,and parries I’d say he has top tier potential