Souper Bowl Monthly Tournament Round IV - The Souper Bowl (Lowell, MA) - 08/29/2010

1733 Middlesex Street
Lowell, MA, 01852

Heads up for the next Souper Bowl Tournament

I’m adding HDR again and I’m thinking about running Tekken, but I need your feedback. Also, let me get a feel for prices. I’m down for teams 10 a person and singles 10 a person, but I feel that it deters some players from entering. Singles is a concrete 10, but if more people will join teams when it’s 5 a person let me know. I like 10 a person because the stakes are higher and it brings more top players out.

Doors open at 11
SSFIV Team Registration at 1PM
Starts at 2PM

SSFIV Singles Registration at 4PM
Starts around 5PM

SSFIIT:HDR Singles Registration at 4PM
Starts at 5PM

• $5 venue fee
  • $5 HDR singles fee
  • $10 singles fee
  • $20 2v2 fee ($10 a player)
  • Bring your own controller and/or stick (Then keep an eye on it!)

SSFII Turbo: HD Remix on PS3

• Matches are 2/3, 3/5 for Winners, Losers and Grand Finals
    -2/3 Rounds
  • Double Elim
  • Akuma/Gouki is banned

HDR Pot Distribution:
1st Prize: 60% of pot
2nd Prize: 30% of pot
3rd Prize: 10% of pot
(Under 8 entrants = winner takes all)

SSFIV Singles on PS3

• Matches are 2/3, 3/5 for Winners, Losers and Grand Finals
  • 2/3 rounds
  • Double Elimination

SSFIV Singles Pot Distribution:
(Possible consolation prizes for 4th and 5th depending on sponsors)

SSFIV 2v2 Teams on PS3

• Waseda Style
  • Matches are 2/3 for Winners, Losers and Grand Finals
  • 2/3 rounds
  • Double Elimination

SSFIV Singles Pot Distribution:

Waseda breakdown:
In a match, player 1 from Team A plays player 1 from Team B. Then player 2 from Team A plays player 2 from Team B. If one team wins both games, the match is over. If players from different teams win, then the winners of each of the previous two games play, and the winner of that game wins the match.

**PS3 Setups **
If you can bring a setup, you get the venue fee waived. If you can bring a PS3 please bring a TV or lagless monitor, let me know! At the moment, I have two extra TVs, first come first serve!

1. asiantom (3 TV’s | 1 PS3)
  2. Peter Pham (1 TV | 1 PS3)
  3. BlueNINE (1 of Tom’s TVs | 1 PS3)
  4. Dusty Feets (1 of Tom’s TVs | 1 PS3)

Facebook Event Group

Full Results to the Third SSFIV Souper Bowl Tournament! 43 participants

Ill be there for singles and team with the same partner. Luckily we know how to get there this time.

I’m in there, and will bring a PS3 for use with one of Tom’s TVs.

Again I shall pop up and I can bring a ps3 again.

I’ll be there. The last one was really great.

asdf

Going to be quite a weekend with this and dread’s tourney. I’m thinking of giving HDR a try this time around. It’s okay to be both in the SSF4 singles and HDR singles at the same time right?

Dusty, can you get a SSFIV Copy this time too? Last time it wasn’t really used because I couldn’t get a copy for it. We swapped yours out with BlueNINEs.

Yep, you could enter all the tournaments! We’d make time for you and any matches.

Sure I can try to get a copy somewhere.

Heads Up
The day before this tournament (Saturday the 28th) there’s going to be a tournament in Maine as well. Check it out and support the Maine scene!
North East Throwdown 2

Tekken is still a no go. So only Super and HDR right now.

Let me know if there would be a decent turnout for T6 and I’ll make it happen.

Only a week away!

We are having a T6 tournament as well

YO! So just a reminder:

Starting SSFIV teams registration around 1… I might lower the price of teams to $5 the day of… it’s looking like more people will enter that way. But we’ll see.

In case you missed it, we’re doing $5 HDR and $5 Tekken 6. Unless there are more than 12 players it’ll be winner take all.

And of course we’re having the SSFIV singles. All singles will probably start around 4-5pm.

Very pumped for this weekend. Thanks for shoutouts for Northeast Throwdown.

oh didnt see your post. so what time is tekken 6 going to start

T6 starts around 5

Last minute call for a ride, pm me. Otherwise I’ll have to take the commuter rail and fuck that :confused:

I’m definitely gonna be there. I’ll be driving in w/ Eighty88 and maybe Gr1m, we also MIGHT be able to do a setup, not certain on that yet, will keep it posted over the next 24 hrs. lookin fwd to seein everybody there. LuckyD mentioned it to me @ GU last night and it’s my first day of a week off so I turned to Eighty88 and said ‘fuckit, lets go!’

I’ll be there bringing an extra stick just in case.