"SOUTHEAST BATTLE OPERA" Augusta, Georgia 9/27/2008

SOUTHEAST BATTLE OPERA:karate:
Date: September 27th 2008
Place: Tournament Center of Augusta
1824 Wylds Road Suite A-3
Augusta, GA 30909
http://www.mapquest.com
Hope you guys and gals know how to use mapquest.XD
Time: Register before 12 PM. Tournaments will begin at 1 PM. I will accept late entries depending on how late you are and how far we are into the brackets, but don’t push it.0(--)0 Also if the others playing the tournament you want to enter think it’s fair.0(==)0 Hopefully your not someone they don’t like.0(^_-)0

Tournamets
[LIST]
[]Super Smash Bros Brawl(Nintendo Wii)
[
]Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection(PS3)
[]Soul Calibur 4(console)
[
]Street Fighter III: Third Strike(PS2)
[]Street Fighter Alpha 3(ps2)
[
]Capcom vs SNK 2(ps2)
[]Marver vs Capcom 2(Dreamcast)
[
]Arcana Hearts(ps2)
[]Guilty Gear Accent Core(ps2)
[
]Puzzle Fighter(ps2)
[*]Street Fighter Super Turbo(ps2)
[/LIST]

Tournament Winnings will be split
70% 1st Place
20% 2nd Place
10% 3rd Place

All tournaments are 5$ Entry Fee(one time fee) and 10$ Tournament Fee(per game being entered)

Ground Rules
No fighting. No stealing. No alcohol. Most of all no sucking at fighting games. Just kidding if that was the case I shouldn’t be hosting this.:slight_smile:

FORMAT FOR TOURNAMENTS:

Street Fighter 3: 3rd strike (PS2)
$10 entry
Double elimination tournament
2 out of 3 games per match
3 out of 5 games per semi final match
4 out of 7 games grand finals
*Winning player must keep the same character, but can change super art’s. The losing player can choose a new character.
Gill is banned in tournament play shawty!
The in-game judgment feature “WILL NOT” determine the outcome of draw games. You will have to play another 2/3 match to determine a “TRUE” winner

Capcom vs SNK 2 (PS2)
$10 entry
*You must keep team order if you win a game.
Roll Cancelling is allowed.
No EX Grooves allowed.
You may not use the same character twice on one team.
Ultimate Rugal, Super Akuma, Evil Ryu, and Evil Iori are not allowed in tournament play. Switching the order of your characters during the loading screen is only allowed on your first match.
After winning, you must pick the same characters, same order.

Marvel vs Capcom 2 (Dreamcast)
$10 entry
*You may not use any glitch that prevent the game from being played. This includes game freezing, game resetting, player freezing, etc.
Deadbody infinites are allowed to gain a positional advantage, but not to delay the game.
Button switching during the loading screen is allowed (e.g. Holding ASSIST 1 to switch your first assist with the point).
You may not use the same character twice on one team.
Winner keeps the same team, while the loser can switch teams.

Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection (PS3)
$10 entry
*Players must aggree on stage.

Guilty Gear Accent Core (PS2)
$10 entry
*No ex, gold, shadow, or any other alternate characters allowed.
Button mapping for RC, Burst etc allowed.
Winner keeps the same character and the losers can change characters.

Arcana Heart Full (PS2)
$10 entry

Street Fighter Alpha 3 (PS2 - Alpha Anthology)
$10 entry
*M-ism and L-Ism are banned from tournament play.
Classic Mode is allowed.
Winner keeps the same character. The loser can choose a new character.

Super Street Fighter II Turbo (DC)
$10 entry
*Winner keeps the same character. The loser can choose a new character. “Akuma” is not allowed in tournament play.
This may change if the ST:HD is close to arcade perfect.

Soul Calibur IV
4 out of 7 games grand finalsBonus Chars Allowed
*No Custom Chars
Random Stage Select ONLY
Winner keeps the same character. The loser can choose a new character.
Default Damage
Default Time
Buttom Mapping Allowed
Camera altering glitches banned

Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Double Elimination Bracket Best 2 out of 3 matches
Winners Finals= 3/5 matches
Losers Final= 3/5
Grand Finals=3/5, the player from the losers must win 2 sets of 3/5
*3 Stock, 5 MINUTE TIME LIMIT for singles

All items OFF (including Smash Balls)

Doubles Team Attack is ON, LIFE stealing is allowed.

BYOC: (BRING. YOUR. OWN. CONTROLLER.) NO WIIMOTES OR CLASSIC CONTROLLERS!!! Gamecube controllers only!!!

In the case of a Wii/TV malfunction, the game will be restarted from the beginning, no matter what time it crashed.

All decisions made by tournament officials are final.

Players must conduct themselves in a reasonable manner. Permanent ejection of a player from the tournament is at the staff’s discretion.

Any sign of cheating will also result in forfeit of the game.

Any intentional forfeiting or conspiring to manipulate the brackets will result in ejection and possible suspension from future tournaments.

Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. Tournament staff may randomly inspect any controller at their discretion. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be immediately disqualified from the tournament.

Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

The stage for Game 1 will be selected at random unless both players/teams can agree on one.

Double Blind Rule: For the first game of a series, a player may call for a double-blind pick. This means that all participating players must tell a judge the character they will use for that game. Each player is required to use that character in the game.

Random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Delfino Plaza, Yoshi’s Island, Lylat Cruise, Castle Siege, Smashville, Pokemon Stadium 1.

Stages banned for Singles & Doubles: Mushroomy Kingdom [Overworld/Underworld], Rumble Falls, Bridge of Eldin, Wario Ware, Distant Planet, New Pork City, Temple, Yoshi’s Island (Pipes), Onett, Donkey Kong Arcade, Spear Pillar, Mario Bros., Flat Zone 2, The Summit, Big Blue, Green Greens.

Stages not listed on the random select list that are not banned are open for counter picks by the losing player.

No stage may be used twice in a Best of 3 or Best of 5 Series unless agree upon by both players.

After characters have been selected for the first game, each player/team may choose one stage from the available tournament list that won?t be used during the series.

After each game of a series, the player who lost the previous game may choose the stage for the next game or elect for it to be chosen randomly. After the stage has been selected, the winner of the previous game may change characters. After the winner has chosen their character, the loser of the previous game may change characters

Puzzle Fighter
Format to be annouced.

I am pretty sure most of you will bring your own stick or controller that your most comfortable playing with. We will have some on site.

BROKEN STICKS/BUTTONS:
If you have any stick/button problems at anytime, STOP PLAYING, get up and inform me or the person running the brackets for your section. The stick will be fixed/changed and the match will be replayed. If you decide to whine about the sticks after the match, YOU WILL NOT GET A REPLAY MATCH.(This only applies if you use one of our sticks.You should be responsible for making sure you stick is in good condition before coming to play.)

Contact Information
Teii(tay)
706-877-4547 Call you have any questions, please feel free to ask here or leave me a pm. Also you can leave a message on my AIM or Yahoo.
http://www.tcofaugusta.net

PLEASE PREREGISTER
Name or SRK name
GAME or GAMES BEING PLAYED
LOCATION IF U WANT
LIKE THIS

Teii - djteiibear
3rd, CvS2,MvC2,GGAC,Arcana, T5DR, and that game that consist of me owning you til you cry.
AUG

-----------------PREREG LIST-----------------------

—3rd Strike
MPR
CoosCOos
Sora
Teii
SSJ George Bush
Jae Purvis
Omnislash
Dr. EEK!
Sora
JohnnyQuest
Digital Warlod
Oukamikenji
IronHead
Yo-Han
Nam
CPU

—Marvel
Coos
Kiyo
CDubb
ATL CPU
Yo-Han
JohnnyQuest
50moreCentz
Nam
Bananas
BChan

—CVS2
Coos
Cdubb
IronHead82
ATL CPU
Jae Purvis
Mavrick
Teii
MPR
50moreCentz
Bananas
Bchan
Shin Lor
JohnnyQuest

—ST
Coos
SSJ George Bush
Jae Purvis
Mavrick
Omnislash
MPR
MetalMike
Xero
CPU
DigitalWarlord
Shin Lor
IronHead

—Puzzle Fighter
Kiyo
Yo-Han
Ironhead82

—Tekken DR
ATL CPU
Kiyo
Teii
Eric
Steven

—GGAC
Kiyo
Sora
SSJ George Bush
Teii
JohnnyQuest

—Alpha 3
SSJ George Bush
Jae Purvis
JohnnyQuest
Teii
MetalMike
Xero

—SC4
Mavrick
CPU

—SSBB
Nam
BChan

—ArcanaHearts
Nekohime

another tournament in the “A”? Hell yea! sign me up!

Name: MPR

Games: 3rd Strike, CvS2, and ST if you decide 2 have it

If you add in Alpha 3 and ST i’ll definitely be there.

I’ll be there for Arcana Heart, even if there’s not enough people to run the tourney for it I’d love to play some casuals.

put some hype behind this but sign me up for st and alpha 3.

I think itz a little too early to be hyping things up man. =_=

wtf How is GGAC a side tourny? sc4 a main?

Cause sc4 is new and not everyone plays Guilty. == I mean this tournament isn’t for me. It’s for the people. So if people would give feedback I will make changes. It’s 3 months away. All these games were just ideas and everyone I’ve talked to said Guilty shouldn’t be a main. and whose to say that 30 ppl won’t show up for guilty… I mean it doesn’t matter. We got more tv’s than Wal-mart.^^ We could work out anything. :smiley:

I’ll spread the word around about this.

PS2 is a really shitty port for ST. Does anyone have a supergun that we can play on?

Also, GGAC > SC4. More people play GGAC in the southeast than any SC game, so reconsider making GGAC a main tourney.

But yeah lemme know if you need help running brackets.

Marques Brooks - CoosCoos
mvc2, cvs2, 3s, st
Augusta.

sc4 just cuz its new doesnt mean its good. sc3 was the same. wait til it comes out first.

Tell sora I said wasup

C-Dubb will be in the house, count me in, and Marques, No counter hitting in cvs2

Charles Withers "CDubb"
MvC2, CvS2

ILL BE THAR

Raphael Bendy - The SSJ George Bush
3S, GGXX, ST, Alpha3
Auburn, AL

I think I may come through to this joint. It seems very promising. It’s always good to see other tournaments in Atlanta.

This tournament need to be posted at the impact clash forums too.

cvs2, puzzle…

Lmao Kiyo wanted Puzzle Fighter. And no tournament is a main now. I am just running it all. If it doesn’t have 8 players. It won’t be ran.

You should add UMK3 to the list teii…you all would be PWNED!!!

I would love to come to this tournament but I want to make sure there are going to be enough people there to hold it. Gas is too high to drive 100+ miles for a 7 or 8 man tournament. I would be interested in both CvS2 and MvC2. Sorry if i come off the wrong way, it wasn’t my intention.

=)

I don’t blame you sir, 4+ a gallon is rape…

Anyway, I’m going to help Tei out with running this tourney…

First off…I stopped by the Tournament Center to check out their new location. Now while this place’s roots were in FPS shooters, they have really expanded. They have like 60 something tvs available for play. Unfortunately, 75% of them are HD screens, and we all know that works with fighters. FORTUNATELY, they do still have plenty of old school tube televisions that we can set up, so no need to bring tvs.

If anyone remembers the Rollin’ On 360s tourney from Funsville way back in the day, you will remember that even though Augusta is small, we can still throw a good tourney. If we can get start getting some hype back into the scene, the owners of this place will do what they can to get some outside sponsorship in. The last SSBB tourney had a guaranteed $500 pot regardless of entrants, all because the smash scene is still pumping.

While we can’t guarantee that for this tourney, if we can show the owners that there is still a 2d fighting scene, we can get the big sponsorships as well. (already a possibility Red Bull will be coming out to give out free swag)

I’ll get you guys some pics of the place to show what we are working with.

Kiyo

Im there…

Joe aka ATL CPU
MvC2, CvS2, Tekken Dr, maybe games 3rd Strike, ST2, SC4
Atlanta Ga…