Date: Saturday, September 8th, 2007
Where: Alley 21
1086 North High Street
Hillsboro, OH 45133
Time: Doors open for casual at 10:30 AM ET
Street Fighter 3: 3S (PS2): Noon
Dropped Guitar Hero I and II (PS2): Noon
Guilty Gear X2 AC (PS2): Noon
Super Smash Bros Melee (GC): 1pm
Marvel Vs Capcom 2 (DC): 3pm
Capcom Vs SNK 2 (PS2): 3Pm
Tekken 5 DR (PS3): 3Pm
ST (Tentative, based on demand)
Any possible additions to be decided based on demand.
Venue Fee: $10
Game Fee per Game entry: $10
Pots will be paid out: 70/20/10%
All Games are subject to change if minimum requirements per game are not met (8). Due to a new location and venue in the Ohio scene, nothing is taken for granted. Please pre-register if you are coming so that we can verify the games that will be hosted. The location is neutral for everyone from Kentucky to Columbus. If total attendance is greater than 49, we will be offering a first place bonus of $50 for Marvel, Third Strike and Tekken 5. If one of the games listed above does not meet the minimum requirements for its own tournament, it will be dropped and the $50 dollar bonus will go to Smash, Guitar Hero, CvS 2, GGXXAC (in that order). The venue is nice with a big screen on which we can host the finals. Again, since I'm trying something new in this region, all things are tentative, so we hope for a great turnout. If anyone has any suggestions or advice, send me a pm or post it publicly. We guarantee you will leave with cash should you win.
All tournaments will be double-elimination format. 2/3, 3/5 semis & LF, 4/7 GF.
We’re using the Evo standard for all games.
This is a BYOC (Bring Your Own Controller/Converter/Joystick) event.
The following rules apply:
If the start button is hit or a malfunction with your equipment occurs, causing the game to pause or reset during a match within the first 5 secs, the match WILL be restarted. However if after the 5 sec point then your opponent will have the opportunity to take the 1st win or reset the match, advantage or not.
Button mapping is allowed. Having 2 or 3 buttons combined into ONE is banned
(e.g. No 3x punch/kick mapped to L1, etc.). GG/DR are exempt from this rule.
3S – Winner keeps the same character, but can change super art. Loser can change everything. JUDGEMENT CANNOT DECIDE A MATCH!!
MvC2 – No game-breaking glitches (you know what they are); Juggs’ glitch allowed. Winner keeps the same team but can change order, loser can change everything.
T5:DR – Players must agree on a stage. If not, random stage select will be in effect. Winner keeps same character, loser may change.
ST – no Akuma, Turbo 3
– Double Elimination bracket
– Matches are best of 3, semis and loser’s finals are best of 5, with grand finals best of 7
– 4 stock, 8-minute limit
– Ties broken by lives, then percentage
– Items OFF
– Teams $10/person, singles $10/person
– Stages limited to the 6 neutral stages for random, others open for counterpicks.
– Neutral stages: Battlefield, Final Destination, Yoshi’s Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64, Pokemon Stadium.
– Stages banned: Yoshi’s Island, MKI, MKII, Venom, Big Blue, Flatzone, Icicle Mountain, Hyrule Temple, Fourside, Brinstar Depths, Termina, Onett and Yoshi’s Island 64
– Dave’s Stupid Rule: No stage may be used twice in a single match, either by random select or by picking
– Stage Strike: Each person strikes one stage for the entire set. This stage must be selected at the beginning of the match, after initial characters have been chosen.
– Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters
– Double Blind pick may be called at any time
-Team Specific Rules:
– Team Attack ON
– Life stealing allowed
– Fountain of Dreams and Mute City banned
-Other SSBM Rules:
– Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), excluding cosmetic changes (paint, stickers, different colored plastic, etc.), are BANNED. If you are found to be using a modded controller, you will not be able to use that controller for the rest of the tournament.
–Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo’s Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch that freezes the match or makes it in any way unfinishable, are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeiture of the match.
– Tactics such as Peach’s Wallbombing and Jiggly’s Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath) to excessively stall a match is banned
Update: GuitarHero Dropped
Please pre-register your SRK name, city/st and games if you plan to attend, so brackets can be filled in advance. Registering the day of is allowed but not encouraged – don’t complain about where you fit into the bracket. If you’re traveling, give us the names of your crew and their games.
EDIT: Anyone who can bring anything (TVs, Consoles [do not need DCs]) please do so. If you intend to bring anything, PM me so I know what additional supplies I need to fetch. Thanks
Tekken 5: DR (PS3) (10)
GGXXAC (PS2) (11)
MvC2 (DC) (12)
CvS2 (PS2) (5)
3rd Strike (PS2) (14)
Super Turbo (DC) (6)
Smash (GC) (18 - 20)
49 Total pre-regs.