SoVA Battle Opera 2 - SoVA (Newport News, VA) - 2/19/11

Jinks the Sphinx and Play Around Golf and Games (PAGG) present: SoVA BATTLE OPERA 2, featuring Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Arcana Heart 3, and Super Street Fighter 4!

This tournament functions on the support of the community! In order to keep the venue fee low, we are asking attendants to please help out by bringing TVs, systems, both, or copies of games. Unfortunately, I am unable to waive venue fee for this. Sorry, but we’re already getting a great deal with PAGG as it is, and I don’t want to short them on ANYTHING since they’ve been so good to us.

**I will pay venue fee for TWO people, provided both of these people stay until the end of the tournament, and they are present by 4:00PM:

1. Someone who brings a laptop to run brackets on.
  2. Someone who will help me with sign ups and allocating wristbands.** - Fuerte

WHERE:
Play Around Golf and Games
89 Nelson Drive
Newport News, VA 23601-3741
(757) 951 - 2800

WHEN:
Date: Saturday, February 19, 2011
Casual and Sign Up Start Time: 4:00PM
MvC3 Tournament Start Time: 5:00PM
SSF4 and AH3 Start Time: 5:30PM
Side Tournament Start Time: 6:00PM

I am trying to run this tournament as on time as possible. Please show up before the scheduled start time if you do not want to be excluded from the brackets. Sign ups end once the brackets have been made for the tournament.

Venue Fee: **$5**. You will get a wristband. If you are not wearing a wristband, you are **prohibited** from playing any games on console or cabinet on free play.

Venue Rules:
1. Be respectful to all staff and property of Play Around Golf and Games. This includes picking up after yourself.
2. Absolutely no outside food or drink. You can purchase food and drink at PAGG. The ice cream is particularly delicious.

MAIN GAMES:

Marvel vs. Capcom 3
Entry: $5
Rules: TBD
Prizes: Pot split 70/20/10. First Place also gets a trophy provided by Jinks the Sphinx.

Super Street Fighter 4
Rules: Double elimination, best 2/3 rounds per game, best 2/3 games per set, 99 second timer, loser can switch character and ultra, winner can switch ultra. Winner’s, Loser’s, and Grand Finals are best 3/5 games per set.
Prizes: Pot split 70/20/10. First Place also gets a trophy provided by Jinks the Sphinx.

Arcana Heart 3
Rules: Double elimination, best 2/3 rounds per game, best 2/3 games per set, 60 second timer, loser can switch character and arcana, winner can switch arcana. Winner’s, Loser’s, and Grand Finals are best 3/5 games per set.
Prizes:
IF MORE THAN 10 ENTRIES: Pot split 70/20/10.
OTHERWISE: Second Place $5, First Place gets rest.

SIDE GAMES:

Super Street Fighter II Turbo HDR
!!HD REMIX MODE!!
Run by dsinnie.
Entry: $3
Rules: Double elimination, Akuma banned, best 2/3 rounds per game, best 2/3 games per set, 99 second timer. Loser can switch character. Winner’s, Loser’s, and Grand Finals 3/5 games per set.
Prizes: Pot split TBD day of tournament depending on signups. First Place gets a trophy provided by dsinnie.

Street Fighter III: Third Strike
Rules: Double elimination, best 2/3 rounds per game, best 2/3 games per set. Loser can switch character, winner can switch SA. Winner’s, Loser’s, and Grand Finals 3/5 games per set.
Prizes:
IF MORE THAN 10 ENTRIES: Pot split 70/20/10.
OTHERWISE: Second Place $5, First Place gets rest.

SECRET GAME TOURNAMENT
Entry: $1
Rules:
-Single elimination, best 3/5 rounds per game, best 3/5 games per set. Loser can switch character. Grand Finals 3/5 games per set.
-The game will be announced during the tournaments and a casual set up will be open after MvC3 and SSF4 are completed.
-2 characters are banned, which will be announced when the game is revealed.
Prizes: Winner take all.

Confirmations

EDIT: New way to Pre-Register.

Please visit:
http://tinyurl.com/sbo2prereg to Pre-Register!

It gives me a nifty little spreadsheet to use to make signups at the venue easier! Just have to check your name, get your payment, and off you go!

Still in need of TVs, consoles, and games!

Since I probably won’t be entering anything I can help with signups or w/e you need Jinx

im interested in the MVC3 and AH3 yooooooooo

I can come, put me down for Arcana Heart 3.

I can bring PS3 with whatever games needed.

Man, this sounds awesome. Wish I could go. Good to see PAGG is still around.

I signed for both, but I may drop SSF4. Just an FYI.

That’s better than signing-up and then the next day finding out you couldn’t go to begin with.

Lol’d

your all free…

I’d play 3rd Strike and mayyyybe Tekken 6.

Marvel 2 is gay. Who plays that shit. SvC gets better turnout.

Hmm, i can bring an ah3 setup

ill more than likely b there since class ends @noon

Fun And Good Games at Play Around Golf-n-Games is turning out wonderful…

Sounds catchier and less homo.

oh ya definitely…

i dont get off work until 5pm and would take me about 30minutes to get there
if tournaments are anything like normal they wont start until 6 so im good…but if by chance it starts on time can you hold off my matches?

count me in for MvC3 ssf4 and MvC2 and T6 if those go off :slight_smile:

Miss ya bro.

Also, if we play MvC2, can we play on console? That cabinet is fucking nonsense…

As long as people have setups for it, and enough people want to play, I don’t see a problem with that.

another one i should win if i were to attend