SSF4 has the same SF4 problem:
It’s impossibile to be sure to perform a special move while one char is changing side with a crossup.
Cause of this, you cannot:
- EX flame an enemy crossup attemp on wakeup (and connect the ultra I)
- Perform any crossup with jb.mk while enemy is on the floor. (I know Dhalsim doesn’t need it, but It’s an exemple)
- In a mirror match, when a Sim does an IAT, the other Sim couldn’t be sure to use a short limb (back+any button sometimes become forward+any button).
- You cannot use back TELEPORT KKK to escape from the corner when enemy is crossuping.
- You cannot slide during Dictator stomp and use Ultra II.
- And so on…
I’ve spent a lot of hours in training mode searching for a method to do special moves in this situation, but I haven’t found a solution. Sometimes the move comes to the wrong side, sometimes it doesn’t come at all, sometimes it works. The input of a move seems that depends on enemy position when you’re standing up, and it changes in few frames. You cannot realize in real time which is the right input.
If you’ve some tricks, ideas or wonna make some tests, please let me know there, ty