SPECIAL VGA EVENT: 8/22/10, NYC : 3s, T6, & SSFIV (70/20/10 + CASH BONUSES)

URGENT ANNOUNCEMENT IN REGARDS TO "A Video Game Alliance Summer end special! CANCELED

Click on this link: 7 Day Forecast - - NY1.com (NY1) …Thunderstorms.

[DO NOT COME, THE EVENT IS CANCELED!!! WE DO NOT WISH TO WET OUR EQUIPMENT OUTDOORS NOR DO WE HAVE SPACE INDOORS. WE WILL MAKE AN ATTEMPT TO RESCHEDULE FOR SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 5TH, THE DAY BEFORE LABOR DAY. WE APOLOGIZE; HOWEVER, MOTHER NATURE IS NOT IN OUR CONTROL = /…

NOTE:
THE VENUE IS NOW A STREET FIGHTER III: TS SESSION! $100 GAUNTLET CIRCLE (PLAYER WITH THE MOST WINS IN THE ROTATION WALKS AWAY WITH $100) IF YOU ARE A THIRD STRIKE PLAYER, COME THROUGH IF YOU WILL, BUT MIND YOU THAT THERE WILL BE NO BBQ HAPPENING! THANK YOU

…YOU WANT IN? MESSAGE US @ vga.camp@gmail.com. YOU CAN FIND US ON facebook.com: “Vga FirstAttack”. Send us a friend request. Vga FirstAttack | Facebook

-VGA

ORIGINAL POST:

A Video Game Alliance Summer end special
***SUNDAY, AUGUST 22ND, IN NEW YORK CITY (QUEENS)***:

**2HR SFIII: 3S ARCADE GAUNTLET CIRCLE ** (ARCADE CAB)
$50 TO PLAYER WITH MOST WINS IN THE ROTATION

**TEKKEN 6 TOURNAMENT ** (PS3)
$10.00 ENTRY, 70/20/10, + $100 BONUS

SSFIV TOURNAMENT (PS3)
$10.00 ENTRY, 70/20/10, + $100 BONUS

…YOU WANT IN? MESSAGE US @ vga.camp@gmail.com. SUBJECT THE MESSAGE “I WANT IN” AND TELL US WHICH EVENT (3S, T6, OR SSFIV). WE WILL SEND YOU THE INFO. DON’T MISS OUT.

YOU CAN FIND US ON facebook.com: “Vga FirstAttack”. Send us a friend request. Vga FirstAttack | Facebook

PS.
APOLOGIES FOR THE SECRECY. THIS IS A PRIVATE RESIDENCE, WE ARE LIMITED IN SPACE, FOOD, AND BEVERAGES. WE DO NOT WANT TO MERELY AIR OUT THE ADDRESS TO THE PUBLIC AND RECEIVE UNANNOUNCED RANDOMS. IT IS BEST FOR US TO UTILIZE THIS METHOD SO WE CAN KEEP TRACK OF WHO’S ATTENDING. WE HOPE YOU DO UNDERSTAND. IF YOU ARE ATTENDING ANY OF THE FOLLOWING COMPETITIONS, YOU CAN BRING ANYONE WHO WOULD LIKE TO COMPETE AS WELL, JUST MAKE SURE YOU MENTION HOW MANY CONTENDERS YOU ARE BRINGING IN THE E-MAIL.

-VGA

What is with all these tournaments all of a sudden that you have to email or call to find the location and info? You do realize that SRK and gamers in general are extremely anti-social people and that the odds of people contacting you are way less then if you just put up all the info.

Give this dude a new car!

Apologies for the secrecy. This is a private residence, we are limited in space, food, and beverages. We do not want to merely air out the address to the public and receive unannounced randoms. It is best for us to utilize this method so we can keep track of who’s attending. We hope you do understand. If you are attending any of the following competitions, you can bring anyone who would like to compete as well.

-vga

I understand. But if you really want to do it that way just invite the people you want personally. You are not opening it to the public so don’t put the info in public. This is the 3rd “tournament” i’ve seen like this already in the NYC area this week.

“you can bring anyone who would like to compete as well.” This i don’t understand as well. So what’s stopping one person from getting the info and telling EVERYONE else about it? Either get a public venue in which you can post ALL of the info or keep it private in which you only invite those you choose. Don’t make casual sessions into “tournaments” to make a couple extra bucks.

I’m not trying to be a dick so don’t jump at me when you read this. It’s just annoying.

“Don’t make casual sessions into “tournaments” to make a couple extra bucks.

Is this an accusation?
I was invited to this event and all other events they’ve held before that. All revenue from the entry fee goes right back to the top 3 players, 70/20/10 + the $100 bonus in the pot…How are they trying “to make a couple extra bucks”?

The instructions are simple…JUST SEND THE EMAIL AND GET THE INFO…cool off.

btw…this method this a similar method that was used for the Capcom Fight club. Did you complain to them about that as well? As I recall, i didnt find out any info as to where the location of the event was until I’ve sent out my message on Capcom-unity and got the reply. Dude, if you wanna go, send the message, you don’t, move on.

ya relax guys

-the tourney organizer is preparing the food and drinks so he needs to know how much is needed

-plus the 250$ pot bonus

-and all entry fees go directly to players as said by the ppl above

-no registration/venue fee

so all u have to do is to send an email so the TO has an idea how many will come and prepare correctly. hes not gana refuse anyone unless the room limit is reached

a lot of ppl who attend tourneys outside their city/state post in a tourney thread to say they will come. posting in a thread is the same effort as sending an email. so whats the big deal?

People wont think twice e-mailing Capcom about the fight club compared to a small club based in City Tech.

URGENT ANNOUNCEMENT IN REGARDS TO "A Video Game Alliance Summer end special! CANCELED

Click on this link: 7 Day Forecast - - NY1.com (NY1) …Thunderstorms.

DO NOT COME, THE EVENT IS CANCELED!!! WE DO NOT WISH TO WET OUR EQUIPMENT OUTDOORS NOR DO WE HAVE SPACE INDOORS. WE WILL MAKE AN ATTEMPT TO RESCHEDULE FOR SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 5TH, THE DAY BEFORE LABOR DAY. WE APOLOGIZE; HOWEVER, MOTHER NATURE IS NOT IN OUR CONTROL = /…

**NOTE:
THE VENUE IS NOW A STREET FIGHTER III: TS SESSION! $100 GAUNTLET CIRCLE (PLAYER WITH THE MOST WINS IN THE ROTATION WALKS AWAY WITH $100) IF YOU ARE A THIRD STRIKE PLAYER, COME THROUGH IF YOU WILL, BUT MIND YOU THAT THERE WILL BE NO BBQ HAPPENING! THANK YOU **

-VGA

Can you send me info about this place? I would like to attend

You should put that this is canceled in the the topic name.