Spy by Day MILF by Night: The C. Viper Thread

Hey, im a new member to srk and im also a viper player!!! Shout out to my fellow viper players

Awesome! We’re happy to have ya here and welcome all fun new people who enjoy playing this fun albeit broken biatch! ^.^

Welcome to the Viper boards! Please proceed to the barracks down the hall and to the left and dawn a battlesuit. Be sure to grab the Mark II, the Mark I is a little finicky with how it transmits the electricity. You know, unless you’re into that sort of thing…

I just watched the maximillian’s assist me on game changes and that hitstun change might be scary for viper. From the looks of it we might have to use more ex seismos and burn kicks to do the bnb.

And I’ve catered my combos do have nothing but 1 meter for 800k-1M. My viper always has EX. seismo’s to waste. This will change the way I play with her then. Hopefully her damage reduction isn’t too bad so I can still manage to do decent damage with 1 meter.

In the interest of having the UMvC3 character threads be as awesome as possible, I am posting here to offer up my current Ultimate Dormammu Thread as a base skeleton to anyone who intends to manage a character thread, or something similar, in Ultimate. It is currently stripped of information, and will remain so until about a week before release. I am not attempting to toot my own horn, but rather offer to others what took me quite a bit of work to do, so that those who would rather not spend the time on such things do not have to.

I have received a lot of compliments to-date about the structure, and a few people have requested permission to use its structure for UMvC3, so I thought I would go around and make the offer to others who might not be aware that someone out there has already done the grunt work for them (haha). Because I am posting this in all the character forums, and this is time consuming on its own, I have not taken the time to check for how developed the thread I am posting on current is. Thus, I ask that no one be offended at my suggestion if your character forum is well constituted already - I mean no intrusion upon your methodologies!

Here is a link to the thread blueprint:

You can get an example of what it looks like when filled out here:

You are of course entirely welcome to change whatever you like if you want to incorporate this structure into your own thread. I have all of my posts saved as Word documents on my computer. If you would like these documents instead of having to copy/paste from the main threads, please feel free to PM me your email address, along with the character thread they will be used for, and I will gladly send them.

Highest Regards to All,
Karst

This actually sounds really good. Anyone interested in taking up the project?.. FlyingV?

I was gonna revamp the combo thread come ultimate (soon after anyways). I very well might borrow some ideas, the way he did it was very similar to the way I’ve done it in the past.

As for doing an overall guide… maybe. If enough people want it or think it’s a good idea.

I got a weird craving to play Viper/Thor/Hulk right now. I think ill call them Beauty and the Beasts. How does this team fare for Viper? Also, what are the best setups that exploit her ex,focus,and feint abilities? Im pretty much a noob to Viper so I want to know what habits should I start developing with her to make me better in the long run? What’s her best bnb?

You got my vote. :tup:

Viper Hulk DHC is incredibly powerful, Viper’s zoning game with Gamma wave is saucy, having a fast OTG lets simple B, C, S air combos become ToD starters with the other 2, there are definitely some strong aspects of that team that could be fun to work with Boogie!

Viper is also one of the few characters who can convert off of Hulks AA assist which is pretty awesome.

Welcome to McViper. Would you like to try our new seismic burger?

I know I haven’t posted in a while but I’m getting hyped. For UMvC3 and its new ‘rules’ I’ve been getting use to Seismo FADC Seismo and I can roll them out REALLY fast now while dashing between them. Oh yeand calling assists between them is pretty easy for me now. It almost looks like I don’t stop for calling the assist between the focus attack. I’m really hyped because I can see this only improving my ground game. But of course I can’t do it ONLINE yet. My only source of trial and error to see how effective it is.

This probably sounds stupid, but I find seismo FADC seismo to be so much easier than rapid fire. Obviously you can’t bang them out as quickly , but I’ll take what’s easier for me any day. Definitely need to get better at RFS too, but I’ve never made it much of a priority.

They cover different things and are both important. having access to movement and assists while you’re +22 is godlike, especially if you have nonsense that leaves them in block stun for a long time.

Ok question:

What are the inputs for Seismo FADC? May sound silly but I could never do FADC in SF4. My execution has improved a lot since then so I’m willing to give it a shot in Marvel.

FADC in marvel is similar to SSF4 but the method to do it fast and correctly is different. (button dash yay!) So seismo 28+ATK+S then ATK+ATK will give you what you want. specifically my buttons to do it is. Seismo 28L+S M+H this makes you FADC. I’ve got a video on my youtube page explaining it a little more indepth.

Chrisis is right the uses for both are great. Seismo FADC Seismo though has so many more lockdown capabilities than rapid seismo. You’re moving toward the opponent constantly. It is always a frame trap if done quickly enough and your opponent CANNOT jump out or do an attack without getting boned by a seismo. You can pushblock but if you anticipate it you can do the appropriate seismo strength off your FADC (this I can only see being done with someone you play a lot and understands your tactics. Very rare to anticipate this correctly.) or you can advance with your FADC either way you’re looking at 22+ or 31+ frame advantage if they advance guard.

IF you do hit them you can proceed with another 2 seismo FADC for a 3 seismo combo that is 200K damage or if you’re seasoned at it you can SJ and combo into 800k+ damage after the second seismo FADC. Seismo FADC Seismo will basically be a big fuck you to anyone who freely presses buttons (excluding Wolverine’s BS Slash) or tries to jump forward after a seismo, because its such a good frame trap (probably talking about 3-10 frames of being able to do something before another seismo comes in) Plus it keeps them grounded even if they’re jump happy they won’t escape. Oh and if they try and use Hypers they’re boned, invincible ones won’t necessarily matter because you usually already have dropped the next seismo and can SJ to block anything after the freeze frame.

Either way I see this being a big future for Viper’s seismo game. I thought a long while ago it would be impossible to master because you are inputting a true SJ for your FADC plus adding another 5 buttons after a seismo within no more than half a second (maybe a bit less) and then proceeding to repeat it, but now I’ve pretty much mastered it facing left side of the screen and now am proceeding with mastering it facing right side. I just hope I get to a point where I can make it organic and keep it controlled so I don’t really have a method or pattern to it.

I guess my next step after mastering seismo FADC is Seismo FADC back dash Seismo. Much harder to do, but there are some input shortcuts you can take to master this. I’m still digging deep on how to do it correctly but I’m doing it by accident already so its doable somehow.

Seismo and FADC so broken. I guess I’m okay with it because it takes a lot of training to actually master. (Not like your no brainer shit in this game.)

Is there any reason you do 28L instead of a TK Seismo motion? - Unless that is your way to doing a TK Seismo. I’ve always done 6239L.

Also, when you press :s: along with it, it doesn’t make it an EX? I probably won’t get a chance to try this until later, so I’m trying to wrap my head around it.

The reason you would do (28L+S) is because you can use this to charge a focus attack (6 frames till invincibility) to bait an attack or hit confirm a seismo or H.TK cancel. I still do rapid seismo’s like you and everyone else does its just adding the 28L+S after the seismo allows for you to dash cancel after, charge focus, or frame trap with ease into another seismo. The reason it doesn’t make an EX is because 28 is not buffered by 623+L you already used the attack so its pretty much impossible.