SQUARE GATE iS Not For ME

<blockquote class=“Quote”>
<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/83311/The%20Banned">The Banned</a> said:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”>I’ve checked arcade paradise and they are out of custom springs. <br>My execution with an octoganal gate is better but I feel that the octagonal gate adds ridiculous amount of travel. <br>Some people say that seimitsu joystick are faster due to low throw and engage distance. So I ordered a seimitsu ls-58 with ls-56  octo gate.First  I’ll try the square gate on Seimitsu to see If I was not experiencing a JLF problem. I hope the spring in that ls-58 is stronger than that on the JLF<br>I’m very confused right know, learning a stick is very frustrating and add to that the parts and what not. I don’t even know I would fit/connect the  ls-58 into my sfxt stick<br></div>
</blockquote>

LS-58 feels and respond a lot different from JLF. For example: with JLF you have a tiny range for diagonals right on the edges of square gate. Advantage: far diagonals from neutral which helps to avoid accidental input like jump while blocking (assuming you play fighting game). Disadvantage: easy to miss input (diagonal) doing half circle in combo/mix-up or in another example, Akuma’s special (2x complete half circle back+punch. by “complete” i mean NO MISSES and be fast) in SFA2 and 3. On the other hand, current SNKP and Capcom games allows you to miss some inputs. Here are some games that i remember by now that don’t “forgive” misses: SFAlpha 2,3, some Neogeo games like KOF’94,95,96,2003, Ninja Masters, Galaxy Fight, etc. Maybe that’s because Seimitsu sticks like LS-40 helps a lot in SNK games, althought the LS-40 one needs practice.<div><br></div><div>With LS-58 you have a bigger range for diagonals when the actuator travel around directions, you feel that. Advantage: a lot easier to pull off complete (no miss) half circle. Disadvantage: easier to cause accidental input like the one i mentioned before. I tell the same for LS-40, the only difference is that 40 is tigher (shorter throw/less amount of travel), both engage very fast.</div><div><br></div><div>LS-58 with MS-Plate has the same mounting as JLF and the LS-58 feels stiffer. Sorry for the english but i hope it helps you.<br><div><br></div><div><br></div></div>

<font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>They sell LS-56 spring here :</span></font><div><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”><a href=“http://www.shadaloo.eu/shadaloo-shop/parts/sanwa-seimitsu-sticks/springs/seimitsu-ls56-spring-detail”>http://www.shadaloo.eu/shadaloo-shop/parts/sanwa-seimitsu-sticks/springs/seimitsu-ls56-spring-detail</a></span></font><br></div><div><br></div><div><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”>Akihabarashop sell it too.</font></div><div><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><br></font></div><div><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><br></font></div>

Too stiff.

ghetto way, carefully stretch out an LS-58 spring.<div><br></div><div>LS-56 (and its spring) isn’t as stiff as people describe it, i prefer calling it “snappy”, compared to a JLF being “smoother”</div>

<blockquote class=“Quote”>
<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/69842/hibachifinal">hibachifinal</a> said:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”>ghetto way, carefully stretch out an LS-58 spring.<div><br></div><div>LS-56 (and its spring) isn’t as stiff as people describe it, i prefer calling it “snappy”, compared to a JLF being “smoother”</div></div>
</blockquote>

It also doesn’t feel that much different to the spring in the LS-58. I thought there was going to be a big difference, but in the end there wasn’t much and I had a hard time telling the difference between the two. The LS-58 felt slightly smoother.<br>

I got my Seimitsu Ls-58 and LS-56 octo gate yesterday and I’ve been practicing since then. My execution on the seimitsu is much better than on JLF. I tried both square gate and octagonal gate on the Ls-58 and I cannot decide which one is better for me.  It’s like there is no difference between a square and octagonal gate on the Ls-58. I can conclude I was having a Sanwa JLF problem when I first got my stick, Seimitsu is much better. <br>Time for me to get to another 2 months in ssf4 training mod (hopefully less).<br><br>

I prefer square simply because you know exactly where your corners are. You can still do every motion that octo can and you get that benefit over it. Also, you need to stop thinking in circular motions and start thinking in corners. Like DP is F, D, slide to the df corner. FB is D, df corner, raise the stick up for F. I know some people say don’t ride the gate but it isn’t necessarily a bad thing to think in square and not circle, and get used to the gate being there. Then you can work on making those movements shorter so that “circle” motions are freely moving and you use the gate to find corners.<br><br>If that makes any sense.<br>