Squeaking JLF stick....again

[FONT=times new roman][FONT=times]Hi[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=times]i had this problem before, but it went away for a while. Now the squeak came back and it gets really annoying. Help?[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman]i checked the stick and i think the microswitch is the one making the squeak. i took out the gate and it was still squeaking, then took out the PCB and the squeak stopped so my guess its the Microswitch. And in rare cases the stick wont register the down direction or just stays in the down direction.[/FONT]

Maybe detailed pics would help. Squeak issue is often a no lubricated pivot problem.

i’ll post pics tomorrow, its 10:30 here ATM. I dont think its lubrication, when i took off the PCB the “base” (correct terminology?)of the stick was very lubricated, i think.

The squeak could be many things. Here’s a laundry list of things to try:

[LIST]
[]Remove the plastic dust washer(s) temporarily and see if your squeak goes away. Not really any way to fix this other than trying a different dust washer.
[
]Remove the restrictor plate and remove the switch PCB. Check the switches and see if any of them are squeaking. If so, get a replacement PCB, or if you’re savvy with a soldering iron replace the faulty microswitch. Alternately, you can pop open the microswitch and put some silicone lubricant on the inside lever, being careful not to coat the contact which would impede conductivity.
[]If the switches are fine, try moving the joystick around without the PCB and restrictor plate attached and see if you are still getting a squeak. If so, remove the e-clip on the bottom of the joystick, remove the shaft, and apply a small amount of lubricant to the underside of the white pivot at the top of the joystick mechanism (like Jaquio suggested).
[
]You may also want to apply a very small amount of silicone lubricant to the metal washer just below the black plastic brace, and put a small amount of silicone lubricant on the inside of the actuator or on the spring.
[/LIST]
That’s really about all the parts on the JLF that could possibly squeak. I believe Sanwa uses Shin-Etsu silicone grease on their sticks. It’s a bit pricey but it works.

i did everything and i think its the microswitch, the stick doesnt squeak without the PCB and still squeaks with it and with the gate off. I contacted Qanba about this and they offered me a microswitch replacement but i dont have the skills or a soldering iron to replace it.

Shin-Etsu G40M grease, to be exact.

It can be purchased all over the place, but I’m pretty sure Etokki.com is the cheapest place to buy it.

http://etokki.com/Shin-Etsu-G-40M-Silicone-Grease

You could buy another grease to see how it works, but I personally recommend just getting this stuff. It should last you quite a while, as you don’t have to use much.

I’d contact them and ask them to send you a replacement TP-MA (the entire PCB with microswitches mounted) if you feel uncomfortable soldering.

Dow Molykote 44 is a good domestic alternative to Shin-Etsu G-40M, though I’ve also used faucet silicone grease I got at Home Depot with no ill effects.

It’s the microswitch, I had the same problem. Buy another PCB

Qanba contacted me and they said they’re sending me the PCB+ Microswitches.