SRK Tech Talk Awards ver. 2013. WINNERS ON SECOND POST

Once again, it’s that time of the year where we vote for the best TT related stuff that’s come out during the year.

The categories are:
[LIST]
[]2013 Arcade Stick(Non-Custom) of the Year
[
]2013 Arcade Stick Mod of the Year
[]2013 Tech Talk Company of the Year
[
]2013 Custom Arcade Stick of the Year
[]2013 Custom Arcade Stick Maker of the Year
[
]2013 Arcade Stick Modder of the Year
[]2013 Tech Talk Member of the Year
[
]2013 Tech Talk Accessory of the Year (PCBs, Parts, Bags, etc.)
[/LIST]

Anything released from January 1, 2013 to December 31, 2013 is eligible. Stuff released earlier (e.g. Phreak’s the Link) is ineligible. Nomination period ends on January 1, 2014 after which we’ll have up until January 7, 2014 for additional voting. Only one nomination per category is allowed and each nomination also counts as a vote.

Winners gain the right to use the SRK Tech Talk Gold Badge (aka bragging rights). If anyone wants to donate stuff for prizes, we’re open to that as well.

http://www.d3vlicious.com/storage/files/srktt_gold_badge/SRKTTT_Seal_of_Quality_2013Awards.png

*The SRK Tech Talk Awards are a community driven effort by the fans for the fans and is no way an official award released by Shoryuken.com or SRKX Productions LLC.

And the nominees winners are (count on the right indicates how many people have nominated, will count towards voting).

2013 Arcade Stick(Non-Custom) of the Year:
- MadCatz FightStick TE2 - IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Runners up:

• Razer Atrox - IIIIIIII
  • MadCatz FightStick KE - |

2013 Arcade Stick Mod of the Year:

• @Gummo Razer Atrox With Ouya - IIIIIIIIIIII
    Runners up:
  • Ultimarc Servostick (mechanical 4-8 way switch stick) - IIII
  • @Gummo Pro stick PS4/XBox One Dual Mod With Touchscreen - I

2013 Tech Talk Company of the Year:

2013 Custom Arcade Stick of the Year:
**TIE!

2013 Custom Arcade Stick Maker of the Year:
- @b15sdm - IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Runners up:

2013 Arcade Stick Modder of the Year:
- @Gummo - IIIIIIIIIIIIIII

2013 Tech Talk Member of the Year:
- @Darksakul - IIIIIIIIII
Runners up:

2013 Tech Talk Product/Accessory of the Year (PCBs, Parts, Bags, etc.):
- Paradise Arcade Kaimana - IIIIIIIIIIII
Runners up:

2013 Tech Talk Case Maker of the Year:

• FoeHammer - IIIII
    Runners up:
  • B15sdm - II

2013 Tech Talk Rookie of the Year:

The Unoffficial MCZ TE2 for XBox One KI Ed. (Show 'em if you've got 'em!)

you ought to change it to 2013 awards

The categories are:

2012 Arcade Stick(Non-Custom) of the Year TE2 (NEW)
2012 Arcade Stick Mod of the Year > the aatrox with the android thing in (NEW)
2012 Tech Talk Company of the Year PAS (NEW)
2012 Custom Arcade Stick of the Year > @b15sdm metal gear solid stick... with the PSP and webcam i guess
2012 Custom Arcade Stick Maker of the Year b15sdm (NEW)
2012 Arcade Stick Modder of the Year GUMMO (NEW)
2012 Tech Talk Member of the Year > @darksakul always so helpful. very knowledgeable, helped me more than anyone could ask for
2012 Tech Talk Accessory of the Year (PCBs, Parts, Bags, etc.)  Kaimana(NEW)

the new=new, didnt edit any so all are just new

2012 Arcade Stick(Non-Custom) of the Year: Razer Atrox
2012 Arcade Stick Mod of the Year:
2012 Tech Talk Company of the Year: Phreak Mods
2012 Custom Arcade Stick of the Year: b15sdm’s JoJo stick
2012 Custom Arcade Stick Maker of the Year: b15sdm
2012 Arcade Stick Modder of the Year: Gummo
2012 Tech Talk Member of the Year: darksakul
2012 Tech Talk Accessory of the Year (PCBs, Parts, Bags, etc.):

Might fill in the rest later, when I can do more looking.

Might as well list mine.

2013 Arcade Stick(Non-Custom) of the Year: Razer Atrox
-Was very impressed with this stick. The long wait was worth it when you consider how they took in our feedback. Also, it has one feature that puts it over the TE 2 - the honeycomb floor that allows you to easily screw in PCBs.

2013 Arcade Stick Mod of the Year: Atrox Ouya
-Just plain impressive

2013 Tech Talk Company of the Year: Phreak Mods
-Phreak’s done alot of good stuff this year. Also, I’m biased since I helped with the Link Kickstarter.

2013 Custom Arcade Stick of the Year: @b15sdm MGS PSP stick.
-I want it, nuff said.

2013 Custom Arcade Stick Maker of the Year: b15sdm
-We might as well just give Sam the award every year.

2013 Arcade Stick Modder of the Year: @Gummo
-Despite the messy wiring, Gummo has been consistently amazing with his output this year. Helps that J&J hasn’t been active in the forums as of late.

2012 Tech Talk Member of the Year: @GeorgeC
-Because George has stepped in and helped fill the void that @JDM714 left. Sure he isn’t as moe, but he fills it in in every other matter that counts.

2012 Tech Talk Accessory of the Year (PCBs, Parts, Bags, etc.): Paradise Arcade’s Kaimana
-Because I like the animated lights, especially when they distract the guy next to you helping you beat him.

2013 Arcade Stick(Non-Custom) of the Year: Razer Atrox
The hydraulic hinge and easy mount bottom are super innovative!

2013 Arcade Stick Mod of the Year:

2013 Tech Talk Company of the Year: Phreakmods

2013 Custom Arcade Stick of the Year: Modular Custom ABS Stick by @FreedomGundam
Love modular parts in a stick, and it looks sick! Much hype.

Dude has rolled out not just amazing sticks this year but also amazing cabs!

Always there when we need him!

2013 Tech Talk Member of the Year: @Darksakul
Darksakul is my personal roll model and hero… no homo, wait… much homo…

2013 Tech Talk Accessory of the Year (PCBs, Parts, Bags, etc.): PAS Kaimana
Just an awesome all around LED solution that has opened up a whole new avenue for members with coding experience.

2013 Tech Talk Rookie of the Year: @deBoru
Because… fuck you guys… ;D

2013 Arcade Stick(Non-Custom) of the Year: Mad Catz TE2, Atrox was a close 2nd

2013 Arcade Stick Mod of the Year: Gummo’s Atrox with built in Ouya Mod
Perfect combination of stick and system, the Ouya forums loved it.

2013 Tech Talk Company of the Year: Paradise Arcade Shop
The attention to detail and the level of care Bryan and Susan gives to customer service is fantastic.

2013 Custom Arcade Stick of the Year: MGS stick with PSP and webcam
Enough Said

Sam does alot of wild and awesome stick designs, what got me this year is when
Sam went back to basic and made a very simple designed arcade stick.

2013 Arcade Stick Modder of the Year: Gummo
Fucking Gummo.

2013 Tech Talk Member of the Year: ed1371
D3v was a very close 2nd, but Ed keep my head out of my ass

2013 Tech Talk Accessory of the Year (PCBs, Parts, Bags, etc.): JLF/LS-32’s Link Lanyard
Phreakmods’ link was already popular, then some how he changed up the game with his Kickstarter a LS-32 version and
a nice landyard you can keep your joystick top when not in use.

Nominations and tallies updated.

Posting with my reasons. If anyone accuses me of being biased, a big fuck you in advance.

2013 Arcade Stick(Non-Custom) of the Year: Killer Instinct Arcade FightStick TE2
I strongly believe that this iteration/evolution of the TE line of arcade sticks from Mad Catz is something that will help revolutionize the little things we’ve come to appreciate about arcade sticks and what makes them fun. Functionality wise, they perform just as well, if not better than any stick out there. The ease of use/customization level however is where it really shines. Hopefully Mad Catz will be able to have a full range of supporting products/accessories for the KI version and the eventual other console versions of the TE2. I understand not many people have had a chance to get their hands on one yet, so I put my nomination out there with confidence and hopes that people will have a chance to check it out in the coming month before nomination phase ends.

2013 Arcade Stick Mod of the Year: ???
I can’t think of one that stands out/came out this year. Can anyone remind me? I may change my answer based on replies.

2013 Tech Talk Company of the Year: PhreakMods
Clayton’s work ethic and dedication to improving the competitive landscape / ease of use is amazing. One of the things Mad Catz does with the Tech Talk community at EVO is invite the modders and allow them to sell their products/mod sticks and give them a place to interact with their community on the show floor. This has been the second official year we’ve done this. We embrace/love the companies/business that stems out of supporting our products. It’s great stuff. Seeing how Clayton works with others and the customers is amazing.

2013 Custom Arcade Stick of the Year: Metal Gear Solid Arcade Stick with PSP/Cam
Just look at the pics. No need to explain. Plus I love Metal Gear. War has changed. Custom sticks have changed.

2013 Custom Arcade Stick Maker of the Year: @b15sdm
This guy is king.

Matt has ALWAYS come through for me whenever I needed him. He’s my go to guy if I need a secret mod.

2013 Tech Talk Member of the Year: @d3v
He keeps on top of things and helps keep order here and is our voice on the SRK front page.

2013 Tech Talk Accessory of the Year (PCBs, Parts, Bags, etc.): QanBa Defender Backpack
I just like useful stuff. I’ve used this way more than anything else this year.

2013 Arcade Stick(Non-Custom) of the Year
Madcatz TE/FSP, on stream you’d see 90% madcatz hardware, it’s by far the most dominant (and really the two are basically the same stick) (why is everyone voting for the aatrox which is just overpriced imo) so if we’re taking an arcade stick that the year is about, in my opinion it’s the Madcatz TE/FSP because that’s what people are playing on and modding.
(Sweeping opinions vary from poster to poster, please take no offense if your opinion doesn’t line up)

2013 Arcade Stick Mod of the Year
Aatrox with an ouya in it, it’s dumb, it’s not efficient, but it’s HILARIOUS, SWAG AND A KILLER IDEA.

2013 Tech Talk Company of the Year
Namco, I’m hoping to see some sick alterations done to that $60 stick, it was so cheap it was like a blank cheque for people to style on it.

2013 Custom Arcade Stick of the Year
FreedomGundam’s modular stick

2013 Custom Arcade Stick Maker of the Year
arthong with his mini acrylic case Rednekk, his wolverine stick couldn’t be more slick or better executed. I look forward to having the privilege of seeing his work in the future.

2013 Arcade Stick Modder of the Year
Gummo, now–he definitely clutches it out last minute with his xbone debauchery, but out of all the mods people have been putting up his work will propagate the longest IMO.

2013 Tech Talk Member of the Year
Darksakul. Will you let me hold you now? All jokes aside when people are looking for help Darksakul is the welcoming committee, he’s there posting links to relevant threads, posting top advice, building on ideas and in general, being a beacon for the community to work towards.

2013 Tech Talk Accessory of the Year (PCBs, Parts, Bags, etc.)
Paradise Aracade’s Kaimana. This thing is beyond sweet, it lets anyone pull of amazing stick mods with relative ease and comfort. You should all go buy two.

2013 Tech Talk “Not an Official Categoy” Rookie of the Year
nsc, while he’s not always there he’s definitely trying and certainly the type of person we’re looking for–great sense of humor, maybe taking it a little too far, but water finds its level.

Just an FYI. Mad Catz made the Namco TE-S that was recently sold for $59.99. We made it for Namco Bandai US.

Also, the Mad Catz FightStick PRO came out last year, not this year, so it doesn’t qualify to be nominated (based on the above criteria). :frowning:

@nsc you’re going to have to select 1 particular b15 stick or your vote/nomination is invalid. Also, I’m moving your vote to MadCatz from instead of Namco since they’re the ones who made that stick.

2013 Arcade Stick(Non-Custom) of the Year: Razer ATROX

2013 Arcade Stick Mod of the Year: Who did that one with the step motor inside to mechanically switch his gate from 4 to 8-way?

2013 Tech Talk Company of the Year: Paradise Arcade Shop

2013 Custom Arcade Stick of the Year: b15’s MGS stick.

2013 Custom Arcade Stick Maker of the Year: b15

2013 Tech Talk Member of the Year: @undamned (His UDCPS2 and his work on trying to get us a beautiful JAMMA->USB converter is top notch.)

2013 Tech Talk Accessory of the Year (PCBs, Parts, Bags, etc.): Kaimana (I think armi’s going to have this on lock for a while with the line of products he’s creating out in Hawaii. Project Magenta probably wins next year, and his contributions are picking up a lot of slack from Toodles’ noticeable absence here since the changeover.)

Tallies updated.

For some of the categories, it was a hard pick, like a kid in a candy store or asking a parent which child is their favorite.
If I could put up multiple nominations for each category I would.

A reminder, if you update your posts, please put an indication that you did as and be sure to clearly mark all your updates.

*Note, Nominations are still the same, I just added explanations to each one

2013 Arcade Stick(Non-Custom) of the Year: RAZOR ATROX b
2013 Arcade Stick Mod of the Year: gunba213 mod of hori wireless stick. The powered 4/8 way stick
2013 Tech Talk Company of the Year: Paradise arcade
2013 Custom Arcade Stick of the Year: B15 metal gear stick
2013 Custom Arcade Stick Maker of the Year: B15
2013 Tech Talk Member of the Year: Darksakul
2013 Tech Talk Accessory of the Year (PCBs, Parts, Bags, etc.): Phreakmods link

What Dark Sakul does not deserve this praise.
Pick someone else.

I don’t think the Link counts. It’s been around for a few years now. The Kickstarter was just to restart production.