PSN SSF2T HD Remix Tournament - Pool Play w/ Single Elimination Bracket
Organizer: PSN: TitanArch / SRK: Titan Arch
Date: Monday, July 20th
Time: 11PM Eastern, 10PM Central, 9PM Mountain, 8PM Pacific
Official Time: http://www.time.gov/
Signups: Closes one hour prior to start. Specify PSN and up to two characters in this forum. I’ll keep track of no shows!
Restrictions: North America only, please. Matches must be played using character from signup list. Akuma is not allowed.
Format: Round robin pool play followed by single elimination bracket. 8 player minimum, 24 player maximum.
Pool Play: Two to four pools will be formed, each with between 4 and 6 players. Each player will play TWO OR THREE 3-ROUND games against the other players in their pool for a total of 8-10 games. 4 Player Pools: 3 games against 3 opponents for a total of 9 games. 5 Player Pools: 2 games against 4 opponents for a total of 8 games. 6 Player Pools: 2 games against 5 opponents for a total of 10 games.
Advancing from Pool Play: Ideally, we will have four pools with the top 2 finishers from each pool advancing to the bracket, but there are other possibilities depending on the number of players. Pool results will be used to develop a rough bracket seeding. 1st Tiebreaker: head-to-head result. 2nd tiebreaker: one 3-round game.
Bracket Play: Single elimination. Each match is BEST OF THREE 3-ROUND GAMES. Finals match is BEST OF FIVE 3-ROUND GAMES.
My goal is to provide a pool play schedule prior to tournament start, but no-shows could make that a problem. I’m intrigued by the pool play aspect, although I might ditch it in favor of a double elimination bracket.
- I have added the Tournament Practices and Protocol below, as well as a sample pool play schedule.
- Added MMP item #8.
- Video recording: Each player may or may not give consent to have their match recorded by the opponent or with a recording spectator (which may add lag). If you want to record your own match, just check with your opponent. I’m no lawyer, but it is better to ask for permission first than it is to ask for forgiveness later.
- Set maximum player limit to 24.
Pool Play Status: LINK REMOVED
Elimination Bracket: http://www.bracketmaker.com/tmenu.cfm?tid=331378
Winner: dbostick (E. Honda, Dee Jay) def. RenoMD (E. Honda), 3-2.
Match Video: [media=youtube]8k3ymOnJaqE[/media]
Tournament Entries (PSN - characters):
- (TitanArch - Ken, Boxer) WITHDREW DUE TO TOURNAMENT DUTIES
- deadpool_zero - E. Honda, Boxer - POOL A 2ND PLACE
- dbostick - Dee Jay, E. Honda - POOL A 1ST PLACE
- ktm0066 - Dhalsim - POOL C 2ND PLACE
- FallingEdge - E. Honda
- djreign78 - Cammy, Blanka
- SRK_BOXER - Boxer - POOL D 2ND PLACE
- SakamotoRyuu - Fei Long, Ryu
- (Coth_X - Ken) NO SHOW, DID EMAIL
- sait0uski - Boxer
- pacloc - Dhalsim, Ryu
- (Halfrohalfamazin - Ryu) NO SHOW
- Lone82Wolf - Dee Jay, Chun Li
- (Shin00bism - Claw, E. Honda) WITHDREW DUE TO CONNECTION PROBLEMS
- flako2nd - Chun Li - POOL B 2ND PLACE
- Str8crazy87 - E. Honda, Blanka - POOL D 1ST PLACE 9-0
- XxUltimacloudxX - Sagat, E. Honda
- GabbSDF - Ken, Ryu
- kingj97 - Claw - POOL B 1ST PLACE
- RenoMD - E. Honda, Boxer - POOL C 1ST PLACE
- (binstone - Dee Jay, Sagat) NO SHOW WAS LAST SIGN UP, TOO
sign up is closed!
djmassif - Boxer
SFstrikers - Dee Jay, Blanka
Tournament Time Best Practices [TTBP]
- You must be online, attentive, and ready to play from the tournament time start until you are eliminated.
- Tournament organizer will create at least one PSN text chat and invite participants. It is not mandatory that you join, but it is highly recommended for match making and results reporting.
- To minimize delays, please do not play other games (HDR or otherwise) while you are still alive in the tournament.
- Once the matchup schedule is available, you may complete matches prior to official start. Forfeits won’t be enforced until official start, but otherwise please follow tournament protocol.
- In the absence of a specific rule or guideline, the tournament organizer will use common sense (and so should the players).
Match Making Protocol [MMP]
- Contact your opponent(s) via PSN messages or text chat and determine who will host and invite.
- If the opponent does not respond, contact tournament organizer to begin 10-minute forfeit timer.
- Create a lobby with the required number of slots (all private), and invite the opponents. Be sure to use the correct round settings!
- If an opponent cannot connect to the host, try having the problem player create the lobby and send invites.
- If players still cannot connect, they must restart their PS3 System (not just exit the game) and retry steps 3 and 4.
- If a player still cannot establish a connection, contact tournament organizer who will create a lobby and invite the players.
- If one person can join and the other cannot, the bugged user unfortunately must forfeit. If both users cannot join then both users forfeit. There will be a 10 minute timer on this process.
- Note: Using invites for match making is not required, but it usually makes the process go more quickly. If you have problem using invites to join games, then the host should start the game as a public lobby. The joining player can use the lobby search filter feature to show only lobbies with the specified number of players (typically 2).
Character Selection Protocol [CSP]
- If the tournment signup specifies a player character list, each player must select a character from that list only. Restart the match or ignore the result if an invalid character is selected (the invalid character ought to stand by and get flogged!).
- For the first game in a match, each player must pick the first character from the signup list.
- For subsequent games, the prior game winner must pick same character and the prior game loser may change characters.
Results Reporting Protocol [RRP]
- Notify tournament organizer immediately after match conclusion.
- The preferred reporting location will be via PSN message and tournament text chat room (see TTBP #2).
- Match reporting requirements (match result, game result, round result) may vary by tournament format. Be sure to report the correct information.
- Incomplete results reporting can result in forfeit.
- Match results will be posted on SRK forum thread, or other web document as announced by tournament organizer.
Some of the items listed in the Practices and Protocol sections were based on those stated by eltwopee (Shoryuken.com Forums) in June 2009.