PSN SSF2T HD Remix Tournament - Double Elimination Bracket
Organizer: PSN: TitanArch / SRK: Titan Arch
Date: Monday, July 27th
Time: 11PM Eastern, 10PM Central, 9PM Mountain, 8PM Pacific.
Congratulations to dbostick, who won again. Might need to rename these in honor of him.
5th: Coth_X, Hadouken696969
7th: RenoMD, Str8crazy87
9th: ktm0066, rice247, GNX84, DrAcula_MaN
13th: kingj97, flako2nd, iLIKEpizza, SakamotoRyuu
T-60 minutes: Signups close.
T-30 minutes: Initial bracket posted.
T-15 minutes: Know the match format and protocol before the tournament starts!
T-5 minutes: Join IRC or send me message on PSN for text chat.
T-0 minutes: Official start. I will approve some 1st round matches for play, pending no shows.
T+5 minutes: I’ll review the no show line up and make minor matchup changes. I don’t want to have BYEs go to those in the bottom half of the draw, so I may shift a few players to fill that gap. No shows are bumped to Loser’s bracket. Do 1st round matches.
T+15 minutes: 1st round matches complete. No shows are DQd. Do 1st round in Loser’s & 2nd round in Winner’s.
The rest will just flow from who wins or loses, and whatever other problems crop up.
NOTE: It’s your responsibility to know the rules. Don’t sign up if you can’t remember them.
Format: Double elimination bracket. 8 player minimum, 32 player maximum.
Matches: Best of three 3-round games. Grand Finals - best of five 3-round games.
Restrictions: Winner sticks to character. Akuma is not allowed.
Signups: North America only, please. Specify PSN Gamertag. Closes one hour prior to start. I’ll keep track of no shows!
Reminders: I will send reminders via private message one day prior to the event.
Tournament Chat: Use your favorite IRC client to join EFnet channel #hdremix. New IRC users can use the browser-based EFnet IRC Network Web Chat client. Nickname = Your PSN Gamertag and Channel = #hdremix. Try this out prior to the tournament. If you can’t use IRC, it is your responsibility to contact me via PSN so I can invite you to a text chat room.
Seeding: A players’ past tournament performance, reputation (best of lists), and my own judgement will be used for seeding. I may privately ask other players for input. I reserve the right to realign the bracket so that byes due to no-shows go to the higher seeds, therefore playing matches prior to official start is discouraged. Good tournament standing means better seeding in later tournaments!
- dbostick (#1 seed)
- RenoMD (#2 seed)
The fine print…
Tournament Time Best Practices [TTBP]
- You must be online, attentive, and ready to play from the tournament time start until you are eliminated.
- Use your favorite IRC client to join EFnet channel #hdremix. New IRC users can use the browser-based EFnet IRC Network Web Chat client. Nickname = Your PSN Gamertag and Channel = #hdremix. Try this out prior to the tournament. If you can’t use IRC, it is your responsibility to contact me via PSN so I can invite you to a text chat room. It is not mandatory that you join, but it is highly recommended for match making and results reporting, and so that other players can communicate with you.
- To minimize delays, please do not play other games (HDR or otherwise) while you are still alive in the tournament.
- For bracket play, do not complete matches prior to tournament start.
- In the absence of a specific rule or guideline, the tournament organizer will use common sense (and so should the players).
Match Making Protocol [MMP]
- Contact your opponent(s) via PSN messages or text chat and determine who will host and invite.
- If the opponent does not respond, contact tournament organizer to begin 10-minute forfeit timer.
- Create a lobby with the required number of slots (all private), and invite the opponents. Be sure to use the correct round settings!
- If an opponent cannot connect to the host, try having the problem player create the lobby and send invites.
- If players still cannot connect, they must restart their PS3 System (not just exit the game) and retry steps 3 and 4.
- If a player still cannot establish a connection, contact tournament organizer who will create a lobby and invite the players.
- If one person can join and the other cannot, the bugged user unfortunately must forfeit. If both users cannot join then both users forfeit. There will be a 10 minute timer on this process.
- Note: Using invites for match making is not required, but it usually makes the process go more quickly. If you have problem using invites to join games, then the host should start the game as a public lobby. The joining player can use the lobby search filter feature to show only lobbies with the specified number of players (typically 2).
Character Selection Protocol [CSP]
- If the tournment signup specifies a player character list, each player must select a character from that list only. Restart the match or ignore the result if an invalid character is selected (the invalid character ought to stand by and get flogged!).
- For the first game in a match, each player must pick the first character from the signup list.
- For subsequent games, the prior game winner must pick same character and the prior game loser may change characters.
Results Reporting Protocol [RRP]
- Notify tournament organizer immediately after match conclusion.
- The preferred reporting location will be via PSN message and tournament IRC or text chat room (see TTBP #2).
- Match reporting requirements (match result, game result, round result) may vary by tournament format. Be sure to report the correct information.
- Incomplete results reporting can result in forfeit.
- Match results will be posted on SRK forum thread, or other web document as announced by tournament organizer.
Some of the items listed in the Practices and Protocol sections were based on those stated by eltwopee (Shoryuken.com Forums) in June 2009.