SSF2T: Throw Ranges

I’ve read about certain characters having longer throw ranges than others… But I’m unsure about any details. I assume Sim has one of the largest, and then Chun? Rog? :slight_smile:

Can anyone tell me who has the largest/smallest ranges? Or direct me to a list somewhere?

Try playing against a good Zangief.

And why are you even worried about throw ranges? FYI?
My memory isn’t great, but usually, it seemed as if the slower characters have better range/priority (honda, dhalsim) with the exception of ChunLi and Sagat.

Don’t take it as law though… just from what I can remember.

Well, mainly i’m just curious. I like to know my games inside and out.

But I’ve also read that certain characters can be screwed against throw traps because their throw range sucks.

Did you say Sagat!? I thought his throw was kinda gimpy…

Sagat seems to have a gimpy throw range even though he’s a relatively slow character - so that’s why I said he was an exception. Sorry.

The big chart 2/3 of the way the page is the throw range chart. It’s the one that has two columns of bold numbers. You’ll need a translator or be able to speak Japanese.

Umm… big chart? What page?

<-- confused :stuck_out_tongue:

LOL. Whoops :stuck_out_tongue:

http://games.t-akiba.net/sf2/data.html

Umm… could you point me to any good online translator pages? All the ones I’ve checked out make me fill out a pile of forms and then either ask me for $$ or it doesn’t work… :frowning:

is Gief’s maximum jab SPD range greater than shoto c.FK range…?