SSF4 AE Cammy Changes and Discussion

yeah I said the thing about the FA’s, generally they tend to use them against dive kicks. The threat of a FA keeps cammy grounded some times. Im not much of a fan of spinning back fist. Its seriously an unsafe move, I mostly only use it to go through fire balls. Some times like you ill open a match with it and see what comes of it but thats the bulk of it . Spinning back fist just takes to long to nail a focus attack unless the person your fighting has special needs and takes it all the way to lvl 3

i wont use it to punish fa, like you i only use it as a punish on fireballs. but besides a punish, i use it as fertilizer for training the opponent, and as a way to get in when the usual means wont work. sbf is so rarely used, most people dont tend to look out for it unless they are throwing fireballs. i know ive gone thru many ying or yang charge fists with fierce. wich i think i read in a previous post someone was using light sbf to catch em. personally i just try to read them with a heavy SA. but that only works some of the times… not to mention sbf trades in cammys favor with juris air dive, or can sometimes pop up opponents for a ultra juggle if they are neutral jumping. ive noticed many other benefits of it in AE, but cant recall too many, as they were all epic battles. i will pay more attention tonight playing.

personally if i see a FA that i cant stop unless putting myself at risk(wich i always do just to make sure) ill just wait to see what they will do with it, if anything it gives cammy some time to get closer.

That’s true woot of people tend to like FA on dive kicks because its an easy counter to it. I just empty jump to back throw and start the ownage if I feel they like to focus

I know a while back we were talking about the changes to ex drill hitboxes…

Found a pic of regular and ex cannon strike hitboxes

http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/Bunzi2k4/cammydivejpg.jpg

i find it hard some times to determine if my dive kick is gonna be comboable or not any tips? i try to land it deep

check out that thread, Teyah did a great job with that.

Thanks to Stein’s post, and the hitboxes of divekick taken from SSF4, here is a mock of up how Cannon Strike / EX Cannon Strike has changed from SSF4:

As you guys can see, the normal CS is no longer hittable below its hitbox, making it have much better priority. However this doesn’t seem to translate over to any noticeable differences (yet…) since it still loses to pretty much every solid AA normal. Maybe we can find situations where divekick won’t lose now, though.

The really big change here is the EXCS. The big red vertical box from below Cammy was roughly cut in half, and moved over to the horizontal side. The problem is, the horizontal side doesn’t do anything for downward priority, only for air to air priority. So while it might not lose air to air battles as often, now it will lose out to normals like Balrog cr.hp, Guile cr.hp, Shoto cr.hp, Chun st.hp, Dhalsim b.hk, Bison st.hk… and the list goes on. EXCS used to beat all of these clean. Now the hitbox is about the same as j.hp in terms of downwards priority.

I really don’t mind the changes I can still pressure my opponent and build meter quick by comboing the shit out of them xDD

woah! so regular strike got actually much better. they cut down the huge big green hurtbox at the bottom.

ex strike got bigger hitbox then super. but its moved up a little hmmmmm giving away more to the green area.?

also:

i need help you guys. anyone can link me up to good quality image of Super TKCS :slight_smile: on whiff and on hit. no hitbox no meter bars showing. just the animation of regular Super TKCS. Cammy wearing alt1 color 10 plz

PLLLLLLLLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS!

Di,

So let me get this straight, they changed EXCS to make it a better air to air move at the expense of air to ground. Who usesit as an AtA? If you are you should be getting punished. They kinda have things backwards don’t ya think??

http://i.min.us/ibHL9c.png

thanks stein. also that combo really works on standing juri hk sa x2. now i know my bnb against her :slight_smile:

Di,

Great post!!! I will get the SSF4AE guide soon and I will scan/make pic sof the Cammy pages for u guys xD

It seems like regular Cstrike crosses up much easier now, especially in the corner against a waking up opponent.

^ I’ve noticed that too.

I don’t know, at first I felt VERY awkward without the TKCS but I think I’m starting to adjust now :smiley:

TKCS was never necessary for dive kick pressure. And the height restriction is not too bad either, so you can apply dive kick pressure fairly well in AE too. Everyone just has to get used to when it’s safe to press buttons after a blocked dive kick.

It helps if you do delay tech after divekicks to serve as the cr.lk to start combos and to tech throws at the same time.

So I’ve been testing out what else I can do on a wake up after a 2 hit HK spiral arrow besides the cross up MK dive kick.Of course you can LK dive kick to hit in front but I wanted to see what I could do with ex dive kick in this situation. Couldn’t land anything forward jumping but I noticed you can neutral jump and as you just start coming down if you ex strike it will hit the opponent right at the back of the head and you’ll land in back of them and can combo right into close HP for another spiral arrow loop. I don’t think it’s a cross up but I do think it’s a very usable tool. Haven’t tried it in match yet but I want to try to mix it up with my MK cross up dive kick.

Ah you can actually link ultra off this kind of like how it’s done with a back throw only this one seems more consistent at first glance. And if they try to DP when they see you neutral jump you should land on the other side and have ultra buffered ready to launch. New ex strike hit box might come in handy here. Looking forward to putting this one to work when I get a chance. :woot:

Do you mean HK dive kick to crossup or is it actually MK?