SSF4 Bug List Compilation

With all the testing we’ve been getting recently, there is bound to be weird glitches here and there that will come up. I’m going to try to use this thread to compile the ones that are the most interesting and also prioritize them by severity. I will rank them by S to D Tier (har har).

For those who have found bugs or know of some from the character specific forums, please post the bug in question and attach a video to show examples of the bug.
Changelog:
*Moved Guy Hit Stun bug from B to A due to more videos/tests showing hitconfirmable uses

Format:
Character
Description
Video

S Tier Bugs

A Tier Bugs
Character: Guy
Guy’s crouching hitstun seems to last longer than normal and allows THROWS to COMBO
Video: [media=youtube]V1GQ00ZBdyA[/media]
[media=youtube]lcIH4peVn9o[/media]
[media=youtube]3k6FF18Mn-g&feature=player_embedded[/media]
[media=youtube]Tq2LknVGBDM[/media]
CONFIRMED FIX INCOMING

Character: None
Description: “Unable To Join” bug when attempting to join ranked games from the networking menu. Doesn’t seem to happen with fight request… which means it may be a conflict between fight requests and quickmatch. What may be occurring is the Fight Request System may be taking “Open” games before the Quickmatch system is refreshed. Therefore, the open game has already been taken by the Fight Request System and when the quickmatch joins, it says unable to join because the game doesn’t exist anymore. Fight Request System must have priority over Quickmatch in order for this bug to occur. It’s quite annoying for those who don’t want to play arcade mode while waiting for ranked matches.

B Tier Bugs
Character: Fei Long
Description: Chickenwing->HP->Chickenwing Infinite Loop on Juri Only
Video: [media=youtube]Jz0rc6tO58Y[/media]
CONFIRMED FIX COMING

Character: Hakan (maybe more) vs Dudley
Description: Dudley cannot be command grabbed by hakan when dizzy
Video:[media=youtube]oAvS6DCDdk8[/media]
[media=youtube]mB9K633IfRk[/media]

Character: Rose vs Rufus
Description: Rose’ Ultra2 balls get nullified by galactic tornado moves from Rufus at a distance
Video: None Specifically, seen at Norcal Regionals 2010 performed by Justin Wong

C Tier Bugs
Character: Probably not character specific
Description: Battle Points Bug
For an general Ranked match you win, you usually get about 20/30 BP. It has happened multiple times since I reached Rank B (and dropped back down) that I won’t get the normal BP for a win. I just get one point. For every following match I win I get one point untill I lose another match. Somehow that resets the BP thing and for the next win I get the normal ammount of BP. What the cause is that it occasionally starts with the 1BP-bug, is still unknown. I usually mash the a-button to get past the BP-screen so I never pay attention to specific things I do during or after a match. More explanation in the blog/video
Video: blog post with full description and video

Characters: Many (especially with projectiles)
Description: Unblockable Ultra Situation Created by Googley Eye Freeze Frame
Video: [media=youtube]JQxjW-9q_F4"[/media]
CONFIRMED FIX COMING

D Tier Bugs
Character: Seth / Ken
Description: Ultras overlap, probably a by product of each ultra’s design and not so much a glitch.
Video: [media=youtube]adXEeNGsf_g[/media]

claimed bugs, no visual/video proofs, unconfirmed, etc
Character: All
Description: Input Glitches when Using R2, which locks out all punches. May be specific to certain controllers/sticks
Video: None yet

Character: All
Description: Random hangups in endless mode after matches that may take up to 10 minutes for everyone to wait before the system continues on to the next match
Video: None Yet

Character: Dictator/Bison
Description: C.LK randomly whiffs in between links

Description: Audio does not completely turn off when set to zero in sound menu

Character: Seth
Description: Ex.Tanden on jump in will create juggle state instead of get sucked in as grounded state, not allowing any combos. Does not happen with regular Tandens.

Character: Seth
Description: C.HP -> Ultra 1 will do zero damage in the stomach of Seth if done too early, possibly due to the implementation of the “no ultra with fireball on screen” rule.

Character: Hakan Vs Dudley
Description: Hakan’s non-oiled command grab (360+P) misses Dudley if he’s dizzy.

Description: Some odd lag issues that causes input to either completely drop or become significantly delayed during a match. Some are reporting it occurs in the second round while others are experiencing it at random. There could be two bugs here as well… Lag+input drop or Lag+input delay. This kind of lag bug is hard to prove/document since sometimes, all of your inputs come back but happens after the lag spike is gone.

Description: Some people are reporting DROP in bp/pp after a match that they WON. Specifics are unknown. May be related to the bp/pp bug listed above.

Character: Ryu
Description: Ex tatsu still misses in weird situations according to some players.

Character: Sagat
Description: U1 still whiffs last hit on certain characters/situations in the corner

Please feel free to discuss the “Tier” of the bug list. I’m sure in the perspective of Juri players, Fei’s infinite is higher… and in the perspective of Fei players, it’s lower since they are afraid of another nerf. Let’s keep this up to date and hopefully we’ll get a patch to fix some of the more glaring issues.

[media=youtube]3k6FF18Mn-g&feature=player_embedded"[/media]

What the f? I thought being in any kind of hitstun disabled throws from landing, no matter how long it lasts?

Character: I main Sakura, don’t expect it to be character specific. But haven’t seen it with Juri yet (but she has less BP than my Sak)

Description: Battle Points Bug:
For an general Ranked match you win, you usually get about 20/30 BP. It has happened multiple times since I reached Rank B (and dropped back down) that I won’t get the normal BP for a win. I just get one point. For every following match I win I get one point untill I lose another match. Somehow that resets the BP thing and for the next win I get the normal ammount of BP. What the cause is that it occasionally starts with the 1BP-bug, is still unknown. I usually mash the a-button to get past the BP-screen so I never pay attention to specific things I do during or after a match. More explanation in the blog/video

Video: blog post with full description and video

Ouch… I didn’t know you can air fireball, SRK and THEN ultra throw… thats ridic… gives time to hitconfirm too. I think that warrants a move up in the severity list. Gonna move it to A tier.

I’m going to keep this bug on there for now… but lets do more testing. It seems like there may be a pattern where the bp is delayed by one battle somehow. 1BP sounds about right for the FIRST match you had against the Cody, who was 0BP. Very interesting/odd.

Bug definitely needs some more testing. It happens quite a lot ever since it started, so I’ll try to pay more attention to it.

Regarding your comment: I thought of the 1BP as well for the first match. But as you can see in the video: the last match against Honda, the Honda man had less BP than the third Cody I fought. For the Honda match I got the usual points because that was after the bug-reset. But against the Cody I just got one BP because of the bug.

Hrmm… ya… it’s kind of hard to keep track since the numbers are blurry and there were losses mixed in (right?). Either way, I’ve never paid attention much since I always spam through the post game just like you. Will keep an eye on it more now.

[media=youtube]adXEeNGsf_g[/media]

D Tier Bug.

Wow, I’m taking note of that Guy bug. Now he’s free. :smile:

Except it doesn’t work when he’s blocking. When do pleople crouch without blocking?

of course it doesn’t work when crouch blocking… but how about a jump in? Or if it stuffs a c.jab on wakeup with meaty? There’s also a lot of setups that we aren’t even seeing with it yet… most likely some will be pretty devastating. That is just my opinion of course.

from my experience, you can only do one move before the grab, unless you are akuma, because fireballs seem to work a little different. For example, I can’t do s.LK xx LP Green hand xx Super with Gief. Also, the first frame of wake-up seems to count as standing, because I have heard about stuff like uncrouchable bushin flips and uncrouchable Hooligan combination. Also, i tried an unblockable set-up with Yoga fire and Yoga shangri-la, and it didn’t work, but yoga shangri-la did connect if I merely did it a frame after the YF connected.

Talking about Dhalsim, he probably has the most use for this. Just PPP air teleport someone who tries to crouch block YF and do U2 on them as it hits.

I am in B-Class (balrog) with 6000bp or so, and i gain 1opint per game unless the player has more then 1000BP, maybe the honda had more BP on a different character so you got normal points.

Do you want to add glitches that carried over from the previous game? I think it would make the list more complete.

So that would mean the ultra unblockable glitch for example. Also, I don’t know if they fixed some of the stuff where low attacks whiff from close range. I know it’s not completely gone because I’ve seen cr.LK x 3 on Dictator where the second LK whiffed.

poor guy lol. That means hes free in combos against grapplers haha.

I’ll put up the freeze frame unblockables… since i’ve seen even more setups for it in super. However, i’m going to wait on the c.lk dictator glitch until there’s more info available… like video examples, who it happens on and when it happens. Even if its random, there’s gotta be footage of it.

When setting any of the 3 volume sliders to 0 there will still be sound, which is caused by a floating point error in the volume slider code… I tried telling Capcom about this several times in vanilla but apparently they don’t care.

If you catch someone with Seth’s ex tanden while they’re jumping you can then only hit them once and the next hit will whiff, e.g. jab > jab - first jab hits, second jab goes through the player, meaning the player is in a juggle state despite being on the ground, which shouldn’t happen - this bug doesn’t occur with normal tanden engine.

When doing c.hp > ultra1 with Seth if you catch them straight away with ultra1 no damage gets done to them while they’re in Seth’s stomach, you have to wait a second before doing ultra - this is an extension of the “if you get hit by sonic boom when ultraed you get no damage from Seth’s stomach” which was in vanilla and Capcom “fixed” by not allowing you to ultra1 when a sonic boom is on the screen.

Good stuff… could you find any videos of said bugs?

Found something not game breaking but its a visual thing. When Makoto wins a match while her super is active it will show the red and yellow explosion background as if its an ultra combo victory (much like Juri’s feng shui) which shouldnt be because its only a super victory.