The Box Arena is proud to present:
SSF4: the League
9628 Carlton Hills Boulevard
Santee, CA 92071-1414
We are going to hold a season complete with stats, team captains, drafts, trades and even a playoff tournament. We will have 8 teams each headed by a top player of San Diego. From there, each “Team Captain” will draft other players and form a 5-man team. During the months of January and February, we will hold scheduled matches among teams. Each team will get a chance to play everyone else.
I want to stress this will be much different from all other team tournaments or how teams are even played out. Each team will have an A player, B player, C player, D player and E player. Each letter grade associates with player skill. When team matches are being held, A plays A, B plays B, C plays C, and so on. Before the league even starts, schedules will be posted so everyone knows who will be fighting who.
The Box Arena is now taking signups. E-mail email@example.com or PM/aim/facebook me and we’ll get you in the league.
For Team Captains (A-player):
Anyone who is interested in being a Team Captain, please put that in the subject of the E-mail. Here are a few requirements to be a captain:
- Good player of San Diego.
- Understands theory and enjoys sharing/leveling others.
- Has time to spend with 4 other players and helping level their game (can be done online/aim or offline casuals etc.)
- If we get more than 8 competent captain applicants, RR tourney to determine who will be captain/draft picks.
- Deadline for Captain Applications - December 3rd
- $20 deposit. If you complete the season, you get your money back. If you drop out of the league, you lose your deposit.
- Captains with the best teams will be rewarded with prizes/merchandise.
For Team Players $20 entry:
- Can be of any skill level.
- Willing to work with teammates and captain during the months of January and February.
- Up to two characters will be listed when entering. Cannot switch to any other characters.
- Willing to make at least most of the scheduled matches. (In extreme circumstances, matches can be played online with a third party (or captain) with some sort proof (such as video recording).
- Deadline for entrants will be 12/11/10. $20 Entry to be paid before first scheduled match. (Jan 8th)
There will be a tournament 12/11/10 to determine rankings and the draft. More information will be available soon.
This is open to San Diego only.
edit: $20 will cover all events from January - February.
Quick Change in Signups!!
Teams are now capped at 10. With the old signups, if captain applicants do not qualify to be captain, they cannot participate as a team player. That’s a bunch of bull. Now we have a captain signup and a total player signup. The cap is now at 50, so some of you who were wait listed are now in the league.
Due to the demand of the League, The Box Arena wants to make sure those who are signing up are 100% dedicated. Right now we have a paypal and credit card link for everyone to sign up and pay the $20 entry fee and be guaranteed in.
A private e-mail was sent to everyone except for wait listers. After a week and a half, only 19 people of the first 40 have guaranteed their spots. Now’s your chance to get in. You can either paypal us with your information (firstname.lastname@example.org) or sign up via or website The Box Arena - The League - Sign up
On the Comment box make sure to write:
If you cannot pay online, make sure you’re the first to show up to the tournament this Saturday. Tournament starts at 12.
Team South Bay Liquor
Team Dark Horse
Captain: David Richardson
Team Dream Team Plus Four
Team Roll Bounce
Team Squirtle Squad
Captain: Mr. Certified
Team Genghis: The Demons Within
Team James Brown
Team Pimp’s Battlebots
Mortal Kombat, MK