Thursday nights at the Afro Dojo are going to be streaming a unique way of playing SSF4 from now on.
Our goal is to level up here in the North West. That means hard work, smart training and the right environment that supports high level play.
Introducing SSF4 vs. SNK Night at the Grill every Thursday at the Afro Dojo:
- $5 gets you entered into the SSF4 vs. SNK tournament
- Another $5 can get you food from the Grill
- Judges will be required to run each station in order to enforce and teach the rules of the game
How to play SSF4 vs. SNK Rules:
- Select Versus Mode and set the game to best of 1 round with 99 seconds
- Each Player has a total of 400% life or 4 ratio points(equivalent to 4 rounds of play) to use in their match
- Each Player must select a team of 3 different characters. No same characters, no more than 3, no less
- The Players teams and orders will be blind select with the use of the judge
- After both teams for both Players have been determined, each Player must select their first character according to their order to begin the match. Players will play in a 3 vs 3 King of Fighters style of play using their 3 characters
- With the round settings set to 1 round, after the first match, one of the players first characters will be the victor. The judge will then determine what percentage of life is left on that characters life bar, and then they will round it to the nearest quartile. An example would be if you had 65% percent life left, you would round up to 75%. if you had 33%, round down to 25%. The only exception is that you don’t round down to 0% unless you have only 5% life left on your bar. Otherwise, anything higher than 5% left would be rounded up to 25%. This is used to tell you how much life that character will have in the next match
- For winning the match, the winning character is automatically rewarded a 25% increase in health for their next match. Example would be if you won with about 55%-60% life left, you would first round down to 50%, then add 25% for winning, and your character will then fight their next match with a 75% health handicap. Judges always have the final say in how much life is left on the winning character and the winning bonus can only be applied once per character
- An additional 25% health can be added to your character as a special bonus if you win with a fully charged super meter at the end of the round
- Upon winning the first match, the winning player’s character continues on to fight their opponent’s second character with the handicap of health selected on that character. The new character will always come in at 100% life
- After all 3 characters on a team have been defeated, the losing player gets to pick their anchor character to be their last chance at victory. Anchor characters may be picked on the spot but must be one of the 3 characters that are on that players team. Anchor characters may use the 25% life bonus for winning more than once. And if one Anchor character wins a round and will then face the opponent’s Anchor character next, that Anchor character is granted a 50% life bonus for winning, instead of 25% for the last fight.
So there you have it folks, please feel free to ask questions about it now if you don’t understand anything so that maybe you guys could play test it at home before showing up to the next Grill Night.