Ssf4ae 2012 guy vs juri

guy

GUY VS JURI
Howdy guy players! This is a matchup thread to help guy players when they face against Juri. I have a lot of experience playing against Juri thanks to my friend. He uses U1 really well so I have a section within this guide to help you deal with this ultra. If you have any questions or wrong information I put in please let me know and help everyone to be a better GUY! :slight_smile:

AE 2012 Changes to Juri + frame data:
http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Super_Street_Fighter_IV_AE/Juri

What is Juri Capable of doing?
Many street fighter players don’t use Juri so they get completed destroyed if they are fighting against a good Juri player. Juri is not a bad character at all. She has amazing normals, above average anti-airs (see normals), highly damaging combos (especially with her U1 activated), an overhead +instant overheads—Fuzzy Guard (see below for Fuzzy Guard), different fireballs that hits low, mid and high, dive kick (which can be used in for frame traps and can also connect w/ U2), a teleport like move to escape and/or cross you up and high damaging ultra 2 or applying mix-ups which could lead to even more damage.

Your goal as guy:
GET IN THERE! PUSH HER TO THE CORNER
Juri’s goal is to apply pressure by using her block strings and frame traps (NOTE SHE CAN KARA THROW EXTENDING HER THROW W/ ST.MP). There are two styles for juri players: sitting back and preventing you from getting in with her normals and fireballs and being aggressive. Never let Juri push you to the corner if she does she can deal heavy pressure with her frame trap, ex fireball and kara throw.

Normals (+anti airs)
Its best if you avoid doing the ball flip with guy because juri can lower her hurt box with cr.Mk (similar to ryu’s cr.Mk), she can use her cr.Mk to make your air bourn shoulder whiff which she can then punish you. Juri also has really good anti airs due to their hit box (her cr.Mp and cr.Hk). Another good reason not to jump in randomly at her is because if they have good reactions she can do jump mp and hit you, once you are hit with jump mp from juri you are at a juggle state (juri can continue juggling you). If she has U1 active she can combo it with standing lk as she lands then dash to cross you up. She can also connect it with ultra 2. If the juri player is trying to create space with her pokes make sure to make use of your pokes. Cr. Mp option select to running slide (to set up a safe jump), or ex shoulder (to push her to the corner). If you are unclear for the inputs please click here:
[media=youtube]Sr6YaHfm4mM[/media]
(Performed by Pedro Marques aka. OTinhoso)

Safe Jump Set up +OS/Punish
If you manage to get run slide off juri, your best decision is to safe jump (I use jumping hp now since it they increased the active frames in 2012). Upon landing OS Ex Bushin Senpukyaku. If your fierce hits continue your combo. If they back dash, or Ex pinwheel they will get hit with the OS (PLEASE NOTE THIS SETUP WILL NOT WORK IF THEY DO JURI’S REVERSAL TELEPORT). Yup she can just do her teleport and escape (with the ex version she can even cross you up). Sometimes it’s best to empty jump block to bait this. You can throw her after and also if she does reversal ex pinwheel you can punish this with st.mp slide (which you can set up another safe jump), st,mp ex shoulder (to push them to the corner), or reversal U1. Other safe jumps:

• (in corner) Throw, dash, back dash, shoulder
    -back throw, whiff st.mk, jump in with jump mk (you have delay 1 frame in order for this safe jump)
    -throw, dash, back jump, wall jump hk
    (If there are more safe jumps or the ones I mentioned doesn’t work please let me know)

Fireballs:
She has three types of fireballs mid, low and high. The low Ex fireball creates a knock down. You can punish her mid fireballs as if it was a regular fireball with the shoulder (QCB+P). However the low fireball can be punished if you have good reactions to do ex run slide for a knock down (PLEASE NOTE HER START UP CHARGE FOR HER FIRE BALL CAN HIT YOU AND CAN BE USED AS A ANTI AIR IF TIMED CORRECTLY)

What do I do when she has her ultra 1 active?
Good thing that a lot of juri players use ultra 2. Ultra 1 feels too good in the original super since my friend can use it so effectively, and now in ae 2012 it’s insane! Mainly good juri players use this when she knocks you down to apply pressure on your wake up. You HAVE to practice reacting to her overhead forward.mk or else she will deal incredible damage to you. If you see her applying too much pressure you can use Ex Bushin Senpukyaku between her moves if you feel like she is getting too greedy, however if she baits this out…say good bye to your health meter. If you manage to block all of her set of moves that she is pushing herself back then run away until her ultra 1 is gone (NOTE she can fadc from her moves to get closer and applying pressure again). Same idea if she uses U1 randomly mid screen RUN AWAY. If you are in the corner try to let juri get a little closer than wall jump to the other side (running away for me in super was always hard but now since her dash is SUPER SPEED it got a lot harder). You can try to react to her super speed dash and punish it if you are close enough with your slide (down+Hk).

Fuzzy Guard:
This is basically a set up where juri hits you with a move that forces your character to stand as you get it by it allowing her to do instant overheads. WATCH OUT FOR neutral jump fierce can be followed by instant overhead jumping fierce or jumping mp which can be connected by ex dive kicks to ultra 2. If you are still unclear of how Fuzzy Guard looks like please watch this video from BNK (artistbydefault)
[media=youtube]TNuUGosN5Fg[/media]
[xIROCx said:“Fuzzy Guard: Jumping Hp on Block, then jump away with Mp, Lp or Lk. Fuzzy Guard also works in Guy’s Run Slide, Neutral Jump set-up. An alternative to fuzzy guard is; Jumping Hp on Block, quickly input Guy’s Normal Overhead to beat Crouch Tech, Throw, Focus Attack, Crouch and possibly Back Dash”.]

Frame Traps
-Frame Trap against Ex Wheel Kick on block: 1. Forward Jump-in Mp into crHp (as far as I know, you cannot combo into crHp unless it’s a counter-hit). 2. CrHp into stMk or stHk. 3. CrMk into crMp. If Juri use an immediate reversal with her Ex Wheel Kick, it will cause a favorable Trade which you can combo into by using Guy’s Target Combo into Run Slide or Ex Hozanto. If your close enough you can combo into Low Hozanto or maybe even Ultra 1. (note: Juri can counter with her teleport).
-Frame Trap against Ex Wheel Kick part 2: 1. Running Overhead on-hit then crMk. 2. Normal Overhead on-hit then crMk (seem to work better in the corner). 3. CrHp then quickly, Ex Hozanto (risky, but works). 4. CrHp then quickly crMk (corner). 5. Close stHp (on block) into Medium Hozanto. After the juggle you can easily combo into Ultra 1 (502 damage) or Super Combo (510 damage). note: Juri can delay her Ex Wheel Kick, but teleport will lose in this set-up.
(Credit goes to xIROCx for providing this section)

The SSFIV: AE Guy Match Up Thread Index (Links in First Post!)

i forgot to put this in… you cannot anti air juri 100% of the time with normals she can counter your normal anti air’s with her dive or jumping HP and it will beat guys normal anti airs

Frame Trap against Ex Wheel Kick on block: 1. Forward Jump-in Mp into crHp (as far as I know, you cannot combo into crHp unless it’s a counter-hit). 2. CrHp into stMk or stHk. 3. CrMk into crMp. If Juri use an immediate reversal with her Ex Wheel Kick, it will cause a favorable Trade which you can combo into by using Guy’s Target Combo into Run Slide or Ex Hozanto. If your close enough you can combo into Low Hozanto or maybe even Ultra 1. (note: Juri can counter with her teleport).

Frame Trap against Ex Wheel Kick part 2: 1. Running Overhead on-hit then crMk. 2. Normal Overhead on-hit then crMk (seem to work better in the corner). 3. CrHp then quickly, Ex Hozanto (risky, but works). 4. CrHp then quickly crMk (corner). 5. Close stHp (on block) into Medium Hozanto. After the juggle you can easily combo into Ultra 1 (502 damage) or Super Combo (510 damage). note: Juri can delay her Ex Wheel Kick, but teleport will lose in this set-up.

Fuzzy Guard: Jumping Hp on Block, then jump away with Mp, Lp or Lk. Fuzzy Guard also works in Guy’s Run Slide, Neutral Jump set-up. An alternative to fuzzy guard is; Jumping Hp on Block, quickly input Guy’s Normal Overhead to beat Crouch Tech, Throw, Focus Attack, Crouch and possibly Back Dash.

There is a tight window where they can throw/reversal you

^ on the Fuzzy Guard or Hp into Normal Overhead, or both?

Normal overhead. I’ve tested it out before, its basically a 1 frame. Grabbing would more so have to be spot on than mashed.

^I’ve been successful using this in real matches. Thanks for the heads up,I’ll take a note of it for future reference.

Thanks I’ll add it to the guide :slight_smile:

Alternative Throw Setup: 1. Forward Throw, Forward Jump with a late Elbow Drop, then Forward Jump with an attack or empty jump. This is Safe apon landing and will give you a high low mix up. You will land in the front only and you cannot cross-up. If Juri does an instant wake up Ex Wheel Kick it will Whiff behind you. Your benefits in doing this setup over Guy’s classic setup is the ability to Fuzzy Guard (jump-in Hp on-block then jump away Mp) and the ability to use Jump-in Fierce for added damage. 2. Uncrouchable: Forward Throw, Forward Jump with a late Elbow Drop, then immediately input Medium or Ex Bushin Flip. Note: ‘setups must be done Mid-screen only’.

This match was considered in Guys favour in Super, have things changed now ?, as I seem to be having a harder time against her.

1. Run Slide, Neutral Jump into whatever air normal, into instant Back Dash will Whiff against Juri’s Ex Wheel on wake if she does not delay it. 2. Forward Throw, Forward Jump, Forward Jump into an early Hk will Cross-up Juri on wake.

Fake Hk Cross-ups (corner): 1. Forward Throw; Neutral Jump and whiff Izuna Drop, Forward Jump and time an early Hk. (Kiryu’s set-up) 2. CrMk; Forward Dash, Forward Jump and time an early Hk. 3. Super Combo; Neutral Jump and whiff Izuna Drop, Forward Jump and time an early Hk. note: technically the Hk can cross-up depending on your timing. Mix-up with Cross-up Mk, Low Bushin Flip and Empty Jump.

A little trick I found against Juri. (mid-screen) Forward Throw, Forward Jump and Whiff Normal Izuna Drop, Forward Jump Cross-up Mk. If Juri reverse with Ex Wheel Kick on wake-up, she will reverse Ex Wheel Kick in front of Guy instead of behind him as usual. This way you can keep her in front of you toward the corner rather than punishing her mid-screen. To note; you can use raw Ultra 1 to punish no matter which way she goes.