SSF4AE - PC patch 2 available NOW!

Source - SSFIV: AE PC Update Tomorrow Morning

One thing to note is the promised fix to the lighting issue is not in there.
So I expect we can expect a PC patch 3 in the future!

Not that it really matters seems we can fix it ourselves anyway :rofl:

Anyway post your thoughts about patch 2’s changes and any problems with the game you still have after this update here.

THINGS NOT FIXED!!! - Will update this list as more is discovered.

1/ Lighting issue not fixed.
2/ Still not being able to completely mute either of the 3 SFX options(BGM/Sounds/Voice)
3/ BP And PP cheaters are still showing up.
4/ Buttons A and B still not the forced default for “Forward/Back” in menu’s regardless of config.
5/ Still no rumble/force feedback support.
6/ Spanish language still isn’t working. (Might be the Steam version only)
7/ Still can’t skip intros/get to main menu using TvC stick + mayflash box. (Spacebar must be used instead)
8/ Stability issues in windowed mode.
9/ Color 11 and 12 issue still not fixed. (Need to make it so it detects a SFIV savefile)
10/ Zangief’s EX Rotation Kick Throw still remains flashing yellow when armor is hit.
11/ Low and medium character model setting are still incorrect.
12/ Hud position is still off on higher resolutions compared to the image in the hud positioning setting area.
13/ Sub-titles still appear on rival cut-scenes even if you have them turned off.
14/ At least one fresh case of Black-screen issues(Apparently there game was fine before patching)
15/ Patched it up and my stick (mcz se ps3) no longer works. Not that it already did, I was using x360ce to emulate a 360 controller but now that doesn’t even work anymore.

my game has been patched already

Ahhh, I had not booted mine for about 18 hours.
My game is updating as I post this.

Anyone notice if the cheats are being punished with this update?
And if they are what its doing to them?

Just launched the game a while ago and didn’t remember there was an update. So I tested a couple of things,
-They didn’t fix the lightning issue.
-Can still hear the music at 0 music volume
-BP and PP cheaters are still here

But we have the new screen resolutions and I noticed we can skip the intros with the start button on our controller now :rofl:

I still have to try this one, hope they got this one right

Maybe the cheaters won’t be punished until they update to patch 2 as well?

Maybe, we have to wait and see

Good, that pissed me off for ages!*

I still can’t skip intros / get to main menu using my TvC stick + mayflash box but pressing spacebar a few times when I start up the game isn’t really that big of a deal. I suspect the problem is because the game doesn’t seem to load your settings until you reach the main menu. I’m guessing this because the volume settings don’t enact until I do that (so the intro and such are all much louder than normal but when I get to the main menu you can hear the volume levels all drop to where I have them set)

Not sure if a lot of people have this issue, but:

If I’m running the game in windowed mode, it’s a lot more unstable. It laggs/stutters quite a lot, freezes now and then and it just generally feels unstable and slow. This is with 300 fps (160+ with everything as high quality as I can, so it’s not my stuff that is bad) and it works fine in fullscreen. Now, playing in fullscreen is really annoying, since I cant browse on my other monitor while playing and I have to set my monitor 2 to main display to get the game fullscreened there. Used windowed mode + Shiftwindow before, but I didn’t think the game would get messed up by playing in window mode. I’m glad my stuttering is gone, but it feels really roundabout to change main display and not being able to browse…

Can someone upload the patch files somewhere please? (mediafire,megaupload,etc) I cannot update the game with the normal method. Happened to me too with the other update.

+Red and Black letters on the VS. screen no longer grow super huge (first patch fixed that)
+Hawk’s command throws no longer seem to randomly give 0 damage during offline play.
+Can no longer produce random focus crush sounds on the Exciting street scene stage.

-Zangief’s EX Rotation Kick Throw still remains flashing yellow when armor is hit.
-Low character model setting is still incorrect. It’s supposed to look like this:

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/8009/lowdj.png

-Med character model setting is still incorrect. It’s supposed to look like this (no basketball skin texture):

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/7736/meda.png

-Hud position is still off on higher resolutions compared to the image in the hud positioning setting area.
-Sub-titles still appear on rival cut-scenes even if you have them turned off.

Not here! Guess it depends on the controller. Why didn’t they just use vanilla code as a base since everything worked perfectly there?

i had that issue until I downgraded my nvidia drivers.

New resolution options finally let me play on my terrible laptop without input latency, so I don’t have a problem with anything right now. Aside from not having my PC here.

I have an update on my problem. This is the capcom store version of the game by the way.

When the updater downloads the patch files it downloads:

setup.exe

titleupdate.msi

But I’m missing Media1.cab. It never downloads it no matter how many times I try. The same thing happened to me last update.

Again: Could someone post the patch files somewhere so I can update properly?

Thanks a lot

here you go http://www.mediafire.com/?748gv85750pkhb7

Thanks a lot man

Added issue 14 (Posted on Capcom Unity)

Patched it up and my stick (mcz se ps3) no longer works. Not that it already did, I was using x360ce to emulate a 360 controller but now that doesn’t even work anymore :frowning:

I noticed that I can’t skip the intro or enter the main menu on my SF4 TE2. I need to hit enter or use my 360 controller to enter the menu, then my stick starts to work. Strange stuff. I haven’t tried it today since the patch tho.

Also what is this about the BP/PP cheaters? What are they doing so I can keep an eye out for them online.