SSF4AE - Q&A for Testing

gen

PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING
This thread is dedicated and will be a collective of all questions you have for Gen’s AE updates. This is how it will work. I would like any one who has access to SSF4AE to PM me. That way I can post a list of names in this main post. Also any questions you have please PM me. This will keep this thread neat and tidy, and leave it for any and all discussions about findings. And leave it open for testers to state they will be going to test(this is assuming some may not be close enough to go there a lot) that way people have time to ask questions knowing someone might be going to test. I will collect and organize all questions and answers to keep this all together so no one has to skim through the full thread to find out what was asked and what was not. That way no double questions, and it will make it easier to find out if your question was answered. Once a question is posted and does not have an answer, testers please contact me letting me know the out come. If any tester wants to reconfirm please do. It better to be sure that something works or doesn’t.

TESTERS:
Name: Vanesco

Q: What possibilities before & after Mantis c.MP? They said it can be linked after s.LP, and c.LP, but what else? (s.MP, c.MP?)

Q: How far into a combo can you be and still be able to perform his TC’s? Meaning could you do a bunch of links then follow-up with a TC. Example: s.MP, s.HP~s.MK-TC / Can you do c.LK xx c.MK TC after a bunch of chains? (eg. c.LK xx c.LK xx c.LK xx c.MK xx Hands)

Q: Does crane c.HP retain its dumb counterhit damage? + Is there any change when you counter the opponent?

Q: Any changes to crane s.LK to make it at least semi-usable?

Q: Any hit box/Recovery buffs to MK/HK/EX Gekiro? (Can MK/HK Gekiro hit crouchers, and can EX Gekiro hit low profile slides?)

Q: Does Oga far kick still have a huge hurtbox against projectiles, or is it easier to dodge them?

Q: Any range nerfs to FA on either stance? (I hope not)

Q: Is Mantis Super (Zanei) -> TK Crane Ultra 2 (Teiga) possible now?

Q: Are there any changes to Crane C.HK’s Active Frames and/or Hitbox range?

Q: Is Gen’s Roll (Jyasen) faster in terms of traveling speed?

Q: Will Combos such as Mantis S.HP/S.MK -> HK Gekiro and Mantis S.MP -> Crane C.MP -> Roll still whiff on many characters, or are they less likely to whiff or won’t?

Q: Are there any changes or new additions to Gen’s abilities, such as Stamina/Stun Rating, Meter Builds, Walking Speeds, Forward Dash, Backdash, Jump Arcs, and Normal Throws?

Q: Are there any changes to any versions of the Oga along with all Kick Variations in terms of Recovery time and/or Crossover Setups?

Q: After landing the Mantis Super (Zanei), will there still be times where Gen travels far out of range to where following up with a HK Gekiro will whiff?

Q: Are there any changes to either of his Mantis Ultra Moves in terms of startup time?

Q: When SSF4 was released, Gen’s Mantis S.MK had its hitbox range reduced, but the hurtbox range was left the same. Was the hurtbox range on Mantis S.MK reduced?

Q: Are there any improvements with the Blockstrings’ of Mantis S.LP, C.LP and C.LK?

Q: Gen received some hurtbox reductions on some of his Crane normals. Did his Crane C.MP (His best Crane Poke) receive a hurtbox reduction as well?

Q: Did Crane Ultra 2 (Teiga) receive additional invincibility frames?

Q: Does the Crane C.MK still retain it’s projectile invincibility?

Q: Is there a change in the transition speed between Stances?

Q: Is crane s.LP, c.LK xx EXFA now possible? (hit-confirmable ultra setup)

Q: Did the stance change after a jump-in get fixed?

Q: Does EX Oga have any invincibility, or do any other moves have added invincibility frames added or removed, what is the situation with escape options?

Q: Does Mantis U2 work better as an Anti-Air now?

Other random Findings:

• Mantis s.HK. High priority, and range seems to be similar to Mantis c.HP
  • Something feels different with Crane s.HK, but cannot elaborate
  • Something with Crane c.MP. c.MP -> trade with c.LK -> c.MP comboed
  • Mantis super -> Crane j.HK connects. Not sure if it happened from before

Q: Can you do c.LK xx c.MK TC after a bunch of chains? (eg. c.LK xx c.LK xx c.LK xx c.MK xx Hands)

Q: Does crane c.HP retain its dumb counterhit damage? + Is there any change when you counter the opponent?

Q: Any changes to crane s.LK to make it at least semi-usable?

Q: Any hitbox buffs to MK/HK/EX Gekiro? (Can MK/HK Gekiro hit crouchers, and can EX Gekiro hit low profile slides?, or can MK/HK Gekiro connect after s.HP xx s.MK TC?)

Q: Does Oga far kick still have a huge hurtbox against projectiles, or is it easier to dodge them?

Q: Any range nerfs to FA on either stance? (I hope not)

I guess that’s all I have right now.

EDIT: My apologies. I’ll delete this post after a while, and PM you whatever question I got for Vanesco.

I’ll add it, but just PM any questions so we can leave the thread for discussion.

Reserving just in case we need more room.

Reserving.

after reading some of the questions. I’m wondering if some of them cannot be answered from an arcade. Like how can you tell how far the Hitbox and hurtboxes are? Is there anyway for someone to tell that other than standing there toe to toe? Don’t you have to record and view frame by frame then use a tool to view all this?

K Guys. FFA is confirmed to be getting it on the 20th, I’m pretty sure. I went there tonight and got some casuals in and that’s the word.

I’ll put in work and try to get as much stuff in as possible, but expect there to be very legit people playing… so not sure how well i’ll be able to do with more gimmicky questions. I’ll blow a lot of time there though, for sure, trying to figure it out.

Feel free to help me out, all you people out there with arcades getting AE! You’ll all probably hear stuff from japan first though.

thanks for your dedication Vanesco.

That’ll be great. Thanks for doing this.

You could just ask to test some shit against some guy, and in return let them test stuff on you aswell. I’m sure you will not be the only one wanting to test out stuff. Must be exciting to get to play with Gen in an arcade, I wish I could have that experience…
The closest thing we have here are slot machines :expressionless:

I will also be testing things at FFA, i’ll try reporting any new finds I discover, along with the answers to some of the questions :smiley:

There should be a few arcades out here getting it. So I should be able to put in a bit to answer some of these questions.

@Vanesco Anytime you and I can make it to FFA we should invite each other. that way one of us can take notes and film while the other plays. I am probably not going to make it to FFA as often as you but I’ll try to as much as possible.

Tyvm for testing Vanesco. Have fun with the AE.

besides what have been already asked, i’d like to know if gekiros got better** for AA issues** like they were in vanilla, because now they fuckin suck and it would be good to AA with 170 dmg again if you are able to anticipate the opponent’s jump

want to contribute but my seattle won’t get it until end of december by then most question will already be answer lol

does gen having any new wakeup option?

block!

And a backdash that is airborne after invincibility wears out.

I don’t remember when this backdash “buff” was mentioned in Vanilla -> Super changes (as dev blog didn’t mention it iirc), but currently Gen seems to be grounded for 1f after the first 8 frames. His dash will now be a slightly longer version of Chun’s.

good luck blocking against ken footsie when he got you corner and threatening you with tick throws

I will be at Chinatown fair this weekend to test out changes

Good luck. Remember all findings please PM me.

man I can’t wait…make him competitive but not noob friendly please.