ST Bison

I’ve have problems getting out of his headbutt-fest throw. No matter how much I mash he still get’s in more than 4 hits everytime.

Is there a secret to getting out of it(on most vids of high-lvl play they get out of it no later than on the third hit)or am I just mashing like a sissy? :frowning:

Thanks in advance for any and all helpful answers.

Were you thinking Balrog when you said Bison?

Anywho, I don’t know of any particular secret involved. Just wiggle the stick back and forth and mash the buttons as fast as you can - manual dexterity helps, of course. :slight_smile:

ops ^^;

Yeah, Balrog/M.Bison(boxer) was the one I meant, sorry for being unclear about that.

And thanks for the answer :]

Oh, I’m a silly-head. I forgot for a second that he’s only Balrog here in the US. Never mind me.

I think it was Mouko who posted this a while ago…

…but anyways, an effective method for mashing on ST is to press the stick to one point and hit buttons simultaneously (wow, every vowel in that word… did I spell it right?)

example: right+6 buttons, neutral+no buttons, right+6 buttons, neutral+no buttons, etc, etc. Except do it really really fast.

I’m not sure if that’s the proper way to do it, but that’s what I got out of his post, and boy does it work for me. I find it much better than normal mashing (wiggle+spazz). I get mad damage on my holds, and also escape them better than I did before. Sim gets 1 noogie, 2 tops on me now.

I’m not sure if it’s as effective in other games (I get good results in A3 if that matters).

Other than the mashing, I think WHEN you mash also might have something to do with it? The exact timing the animation maybe? I could be wrong, but sometimes I get the “sweet spot” or something during my holds and they go crazy fast (machine gun fast). Like how the AI sometimes does them (A3 Guy anyone?)

I’d like to know more if anyone can fill me in some more. If anything at least my mashing is controlled now, and I don’t look like a fucking retard spazzing away like I’m trying to break the stick. :slight_smile:

There is a method to this. It’s the same method to almost getting out of dizzies instantaneously.

:cool:

such as?

Yeah, and Zangief/Honda!

yeah i know… I couldn’t believe I just lately found out about it.

Hell, it could be just BS but it works for me, so I’m happy.

Now if only shirts could share his anti-dizzy secret with us… :slight_smile:

I concur, I think Shirts should indeed share the secret :stuck_out_tongue: