ST: comboing E.Honda's super

how is this done?
I saw a few combos in the TZW maxion exhibition where Honda’s like:
crossup, 2-hit close knee, low jab xx super

i can understand with chunli, you can punch and then combo after, but Honda’s super is activated with a punch, so how do you go from jab to super without activating
(under assumption that he stores the super)
i’ve also seen the chunli combos where it’s a super right after standing short (how do you do this too?)
if not, then it must just be really fast, right?
and where do you get the knee? (I’ve tried every kick button and commands, the closest animation i’ve gotten to it is roundhouse)

too many questions, but i hope some peeps on here might be able to help
i haven’t seen a honda thread so i’m hoping this might be a new discussion, if not, then i’m a hella newbie

TZW is on crack :slight_smile:

i can understand with chunli, you can punch and then combo after, but Honda’s super is activated with a punch, so how do you go from jab to super without activating
(under assumption that he stores the super)

If he is pressing a STANDING punch on the ground with Honda then doing super, that means he is actually busting out the combo without storing it. If he is doing sitting punch then it’s doable(As far as I have seen) Let’s say you want to do sitting jab into super with honda. And you have a super stored. Tap down, press Jab, and hold forward immediately and press a punch and you will get Sitting jab into super.

i’ve also seen the chunli combos where it’s a super right after standing short (how do you do this too?)

This would also mean that he is doing the super without storing. However you CAN store Chun li’s super and do sitting kick into super. Let’s say you want to do sitting forward into super with chun li. And you have a super stored. Tap down, press forward, and hold forward immediately and press a kick and you will get Sitting forward into super.

if not, then it must just be really fast, right?
and where do you get the knee? (I’ve tried every kick button and commands, the closest animation i’ve gotten to it is roundhouse)

If he is doing standing punch into super with honda, or Standing kick with chun li into super he is doing it like so:

Charge back, then Forward, then back, Press the button you want to combo with from a standing position, and immediately hold forward and tap the button to activate the super. Now this is a lot easier said than done. I can only do super combo with this method 1/10-30. lol

WOW:eek:
that seems hard, and btw, it was a sitting jab that Honda did the combo off of
i just recently learned of low attacks into supers while storing
very hard to do
these combos are hard to pull of in a real match

BTW, Reza, what characters do you use?

I’m trying out chunli since i recently found out how to combo her super, still working on the crossup combo, but it’s possible to learn (somewhat impractical, but flashy yes?)

i used to play ken and guile, now picking up Honda and Chun
sole purpose of using them is land their supers, 'cept Honda, he’s more technical, with him i try to go for the hundred hand slap into bear hug (fierce throw) if i’m Old Honda, New Honda -> ? have no real idea on how to play him, just do headbutts and squashes while zoning with long roundhouse and crossup splat on wakeup

can’t really come up with a style to play him, but he seems interesting, i just draw a blank when playing with him

As far as using those two characters for the sole purpose of doing their super beware that you don’t get Super-itis. The disease many fighting game players succumb to which involves HAVING to use their super when they get it. lol That makes a player very predictable, and once you take that out of the equation then yeah go super combo crazy :slight_smile:

As for how to play Honda, I am not really a Honda player but, remember when playing Honda, you don’t HAVE to use his specials all the time. He has very good normals and strategies based on those. For example OG Honda does Bear hug, after he releases the poor soul, he can do a bunch of things:

• Hand slap character that is getting up.

• As soon as you release the character start walking towards them, and you will end up on their other side when they get up, in which case you can tick into throw, rinse and repeat. Although people CAN get out, it’s nonetheless a pretty annoying tactic.

For Regular HOnda, he can store his Oicho throw as well. Both Honda’s have a very hard time with OG Ken nonetheless, so if you want to go with either chun or honda, Chun’s better.

Hope that helped :slight_smile:

yeah, that helped a lot, thanx
i’m getting more used to chunli now and am more comfortable with her now…
and i do have “Super-itis”, still have that beginner mentality of "trying to land the super when they have a pixel left when you can just chip them for a win"
any advice on how to lose it?

i will say this though…ST teaches me patience, as it takes a lot of technical knowledge and makes me look for openings
i’ve recently learned to look for them to make a mistake and capitalize on it (trying to get rid of that stupid strategy of just doing the same thing over and over again, trying new stuff out, mindgames and what not)

btw, where do you usually play at?
i’m here at Camelot, and there’s not that much hardcore ST comp

i’ve seen valle, shirts and watson here maybe once in a blue moon…except for shirts, everyone else concentrates on other stuff like CvS2 or 3rd Strike (3rd strike is my fav game!:smiley: )
but i’m having the hardest time finding peeps to play with for fun, and for a while (only dude i know close to me is valle, but he’s retired so…:frowning: )

To lose Super-itis, just play matches with a mind preset that you WILL NOT use the SUPER at all. I think if you play for awhile like that you will get it out of your system. Remember one more thing, people may change their strat when you do get your super charged so walking around without using it is kind of an advantage :slight_smile: Although if you see a guaranteed hit, that’s when you go for it. I play at Family Fun and there isn’t much hardcore ST competition either. But it’s not bad. I think pretty much same as Camelot. Although Cole plays here, but he’s not playing Super Turbo 24-7 either. If Camelot actually was closer and didn’t close at 12, I may go there more often. Family Fun is open till 3 tonight… And I am most likely going. If you can get there, look for me and I will play Super Turbo with you :slight_smile:

how do you you perfom this storage thing? and how can it be used?

[quote]
*Originally posted by shortshortsuper *
**how is this done?

The easiest way to doing is by pre-charging the Super, mean that the last move (it’s fierce not jab btw :slight_smile: ) should fill the super meter. here is the exact way.
Example
1 - charge back, toward, back, hold toward ( the super motion flag is ON !)
2 - without losing the toward position jump fierce, standing Strong, low fierce (1st hit should fill Super meter).
3 - 1st hit gets automatically cancelled into a super !!!.

works for Chunli too. this is the exact way mentioned in TZW’s site, the other way is very hard to execute. maybe even humanly impossible.

I hope that cleared things up :slight_smile:

[quote]
*Originally posted by Q8-Seth *

Please link TZW’s site.