ST EVO RESULTS: Since nobody fucking posted!

This is the first time I had net access since I’ve been at EVO, so I’m going to post as much as I can about ST, because there seems to be ZERO info on whats going down.

FIRST AND FOREMOST, Afrolegends and I have not played yet. Afro finished 9th in ST, he managed to beat MIKE WATSON in the tournament and eventually lost to someone, and then to Jason Cole in losers.

I have qualified for the top 8. Top 8 look like this:

Winners:

1. Tokido
  2. Ohnuki
  3. Buktooth
  4. NKI

Losers:

1. DSP
  2. Jason Cole
    3.?
    4.?

Full results were never announced so I honestly have no idea who is in these last two spots.

How did I make it to top 8? First round I lost to Buktooth’s Chun (I used Vega). Then I played John Choi (O.Sagat) and beat him (Vega). Then I played Jason Wilson and beat him in a Vega-Chun match, he switched to Honda and beat me, so I counter-picked Dee Jay to eliminate him. Then was the HUGE UPSET where Mike Watson lost to Afrolegends, sending him to losers to face me. Basically I copied exactly what Afrolegends did with Dee Jay and beat Watson that way (he used Rog). Then I faced Flash and beat him, he used Vega and I did too and beat him, he switched to Chun and won, I continued with Vega and won. Then finally I faced Jason Romedy, an OG player, and we did a Vega mirror match that was ridiculously good. I ended up winning 2-1 and qualifying for top 8.

In ST Teams, it was NKI’s team that came back from losers to win it all. It was NKI, Chikyuu and ?, I can’t remember the third guy’s name but in my honest opinion he has the best god damn Dhalsim in the world right now. Second was “Team Dinosaur” i.e. Valle/Choi/Watts and a close third was Cole/Kuni/Sirlin.

AGAIN, Afro and I have not played, NO money has exchanged hands and nobody backed anybody for a grand. Idiots are believing some stupid things.

EDIT

In my honest opinion, the PS1 version of ST isn’t very good. Damage is diff, moves have way diff hitboxes…Bison’s FP psycho crusher doesn’t even go fullscreen. I know that Choi, Watson, Kuni are very upset that they are out of ST because of the differences…this was a bad choice IMO.

Thanks for the update Phil. :tup:

Good shit Afro. Not too shabby for your first real tourney.

Phil, how about some match highlights?

Were the matches taped?

~Decoy

Anyone record ST casual matches?

Don’t worry Spence is recording practically everything, including the team tournies. As for the other remaining ST slots, I know Illshill is one of the remaining 8. Props to Afro for doing so well in you’re first tourney man. It was finally cool to meet up with you, Bob, Sabre and alot of the xbl regs like Langrisser, Illshill, Vermillion,Chessmaster Shag, & LingLing.

Bob & Afro, thanks for letting me join your ST tourney team to fill in for Wilson…was fun despite the stick factor lol

Will post alot more later.

Good job there, AFROLEGEND! Your first tournament & all.

Damn! Jason Cole still holding shit down in ST.

What other version of ST could they have used instead?

EDIT: Damn I am having a bad day already :lol: I forgot about DC.

DC isn’t looking so bad now is it? :rolleyes:

If we own a board for every computer there is could we legally just play the roms?

Great Job Phil!! :tup:

what about the saturn version? there ARE PS1/PS2-saturn converters out there…

Thank you DSP, but don’t blame them for wanting the Drama, you know how it goes…something to say agaisnt the Empire.

i don’t know what the real story, is

but the guys that were updating irc on the afro vs dsp, would have absolutely no reason to lie, there were no haters against the empire.

You’re right, Phil has hella reasons to lie about playing, he was up 6-4 on the supposed updates after all :rolleyes: Then of course theres the fact that the bet was gonna be HRAP vs $80, and Phil doesnt even know anyone with a grand to bet. No reason to lie, thats the fucking stupidest shit Ive ever read, Im sitting next to fucking Phil, he hasnt played Afro, and people are having fantasies about whats actually going on, more like the bulls creating the shit. How the fuck are you gonna argue with the person actually in the match saying it hasnt happened?

Dayum son, THINK!

go NKI! :slight_smile:

Saint Louiey in the hizouse! :china:

Dang that sucks i was calling choi to win ST this year, but i guess the version change really fucked them up. Sucks

DC still remains champ, let’s go back!

That’s a real shame…why was the DC version abandoned in the first place? I don’t recall there ever being any complaints/problems with it.

Any word on the final 2 spots?

I have change the topic before you made the post after finding out that the results were fake and when you came on irc and said that you didnt play him yet. I also got a call saying most of the result are fake also and heard watts say he didnt do to well. So the 3s results that someone posted is fake.

Also who is the Japanese dhalsim player is it KKY?

Also I read on expedia that gvr has internet access in the room and around the area.

Winners:

1. Tokido
  2. Ohnuki
  3. Buktooth
  4. NKI

Losers:

1. DSP
  2. Jason Cole
  3. IllHill - xbox live player
    4.?

:lovin:

I’m glad to hear Afro did well. I remember when he came on the Live forums and ranted about how he would own all of us and he was a “legend”, and lo and behold he actually is good. Congrats, man.

Cool update, thanks…wish I was there :frowning: