The first St Phillip’s tournament was a nice little suprise with 30 entrants. After unexpectedly running the first tournament (it’s just what I do ) I’ve been asked to run the next event. Hopefully we can get a high local attendance since there will be no venue fee. Food such as frito pie and hot dogs will be on sale. Tell all your friends! Anyone is welcome!
St Philip’s College
801 Martin Luther King Drive
San Antonio, TX 78203-2098
Heritage Room (more on this later)
Venue Fee: NONE! NOTHING! ZERO! NADA! $0.00!
All games will be 5 dollars to enter. Teams will be 5 dollars per person on the team (so 10 dollars per team).
Schedule of Events:
Doors open at 10:00 am, closing at 9 pm. Registration is open until an event has begun.
Brawl singles @ 2 pm
Tatsunoko vs Capcom @ 3 pm
Tekken 6 @ 3:30 pm
Street Fighter IV at 3:30 pm
Melee @ 4 pm
All games will pay out as such in Wal-mart gift cards (we may take a vote on this: could easily be Gamestop, Best Buy, or other places. However Wal-mart lets you buy almost anything. School Policy, so we have to follow it)
Best 2/3 matches
Finals (Winners, Losers, and Grand) will be best 3/5 matches
Pausing will result in the loss of a round unless the opponent lets it slide.
All button changes MUST BE DONE before the rounds begin.
If any rules are broken, you should report WHEN IT HAPPENS, not after the fact.
Tatsunoko vs Capcom**
All characters allowed
Winner stays, loser may change teams. Team order must be kept the same.
Stage is random select
Winner stays, loser may change characters.
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Pokemon Stadium 2
Everything else is banned.
- 3 Stock
- 8 minute timer
- Items are set to “off” and “none”
- Matches are best of 3 except in the case of winner’s/loser’s finals and grand finals.
- In the event of a dispute(1vs1 or 2vs2), controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
- First round stage will be determined by stage strike system.
- No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
- In teams matches, ports will be 1221.
- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
- If sudden death occurs, sudden death will be ignored and a 1 stock, 4 min overtime match will take place on the same stage.
- Make sure you fix your controller and your tag before you start playing. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
- Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action.
- Meta Knight’s infinite dimensional cape.
- DeDeDe’s Infinite grab if the opponent is over 250%.
- Infinite wall grab if the opponent is over 250%. Does not apply if the wall will eventually go away, i.e. PS1.
- Stalling, including planking and scrooging, is banned. Stalling is the act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling. If you are unsure a tactic is considered stalling, ask the TO before using it
- Bowser/Ganon suicide attacks. If these moves are used to end a match and a sudden death is then started. Bowser/ Ganon will be declared the winners and the sudden death will be ignored.
- Ledge Grab Limit Rule: Characters are allowed to grab the ledge a total of 50 times per game. If you think that your opponent grabbed more than this, check the stats after the round. If it is exceeded the limit even by a single ledge grab you will lose your match (not the set). However, this rule can be ignored if BOTH players agree.
- MikeHaze rule: No yelling or making abrupt noises at your opponent.
- Chibo’s Video-for-the-masses rule: You cannot refuse to be recorded if you pay money to enter an event.
Super Smash Bros Melee
-8 Minute Time Limit
-Items will be set to “OFF”
-For any given tournament set, each Player will be given the option to ban 1 Neutral or Counterpick stage from being played upon.
-All sets with the exception of winner’s finals, loser’s finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches, with the aforementioned Finals sets being best 3/5 games.
-In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
-No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
-If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. In the event of a tie, a 1-stock sudden death tiebreaker will be played out.
-The Ice Climber Freeze Glitch is banned
-Jigglypuff’s rising pound stall is banned
-Peach’s bomber stall beneath levels where she is unreachable is banned (example: FoD)
Banned in Teams only: Fountain of Dreams, Mute City
Not Banned in Teams: Great Bay
Set format (In Order of Procedure):
- Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
- 1st Stage will be chosen at random unless agreed upon by both players. Each Player will be provided one Random Reset, with the lower-seeded Player given the option to use their reset first.**
- The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
- The winner of the previous match may announce their Stage Ban selection
- The loser of the previous match announces the next match’s stage from either the Random Stage List or the Counter Stage List
- The winner of the previous match chooses their character
- The loser of the previous match chooses their character
- Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match
**If neither Player has chosen to use their Random Reset within 3 seconds of the match starting, the match must be played out on the stage generated.
-Fountain of Dreams
-Kongo Jungle 64
No controller mods/macros, etc.
Please bring consoles and TVs! The more equipment we have the faster and smoother we can run the tournament. And you’ll have more time to play friendlies. Please support the scene!