Standing rh to demon flip

akuma

I have been trying to do some research on this and I haven’t found much besides some videos. Anyway, when ever I get a blocked s.rh i usually opt for a demon throw, which works usually when i can execute lol. Can anyone who has a normal AA or srk beat my throw? I always like to do this meaty or not. Thoughts?

If your DF is not set up all that well you can pretty much AA this on reaction.

…even if it IS setup well, anyone with good reactions can just normal AA you (for example akuma c.hp, sakura c.hp, guile c.hp, ryu c.hp, rufus s.hp or c.mp bla bla bla, 80% of the cast has one) on reaction and if they are somewhat expecting it you’ll get reversaled for big damage (lp srk > ultra, cammy can do cannon spike fadc ultra etc etc etc).

It’s a good mixup to do once in a while, but i’d never attempt it more than once every 4-5 matches, unless you’re playing a scrub.

^ So basically dont turn into JR? :lol: i kid (but seriously he DF a lot)

If you’ve been getting away with it, good on you. If your opponent catches on, then mix it up a bit

yeah, JR is like the perfect example: as long as he’s playing online scrubs he’s getting away with all his stupid flips and resets, but as soon as he gets to play someone competent he gets smashed. It’s a pity because he has a very good spacing and probably could be very good at this game if he started playing seriously.

not only can they AA it, they can jab you out of your demon flip start up frames if they time it right

The Flip provide insane offense if your opponent isn’t ready for it because it beats just about every blocking option your foe has. Problem is that it is intercepted rather easily.

It is ok to throw in a couple of flips here and there to keep your foe on their toes, but overuse is not recommended

The Flip provide insane offense if your opponent isn’t ready for it because it beats just about every blocking option and escape option your foe has. Problem is that it is intercepted rather easily.

It is ok to throw in a couple of flips here and there to keep your foe on their toes, but overuse is not recommended