Static shock Joystick issues

I am having problems with a Sega Saturn Virtua Dual Stick Pro. A few months back I was playing on a ps3 using converters. While waiting for a match I stored up static electricity and shocked the metal plate holding the stick and buttons. Suddenly pushing to the right on the joystick was sluggish like dropping inputs.<div><br></div><div> I put it up for the night but when I returned right on the joystick no longer worked. What was more curious the other joystick (this is a dual joystick) the right side was stuck on. My 1st thought was fixing the daisy chain that hooks up the joystick to ground on the factory original joystick (the left joystick has been modded with sanwa and wires but the right joystick is factory original) When I first modded the left joystick the daisy chain style they made ground work from did not work with switching the buttons from pcb to wires . This did nothing.</div><div><br></div><div>My 2nd thought was it was a ground issue since both sides could share ground on the joystick itself. (not likely but I was trying to figure out what was going on) So, I disconnected the ground on the left joystick. The right still did not work, I disconnected all the grounds and tried to connect the left joystick to ground by itself and it did not work. </div><div><br></div><div>I’m running out of ideas but if anyone knows how to fix a joystick that has been affected by static shock in this way I would greatly appreciate it.</div>