Sticky Button

Okay, so here’s the deal. I’m new to sticks and just got a Hori Fighting Stick 3 for the PS3. Love it! Stupid me spills some juice on it. Everything still works fine except for my X button (what I use for Medium Kick). Now it sticks and is virtually useless. I can’t play my Street Fighter games the way I want to so I’m just stuck with playing SNK games.

I opened up my stick and I notice there’s a board right in front of the button I want to get to. I’m paranoid of ruining it because money is tight right now. What I want to know is, is there a way to remove the button I want without dealing with soldering and other stuff like that? I just want to clean it. I’ve never modded anything before and I did a little searching around for stuff before I made this thread. I have a tournament in two weeks so any help or point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!

just wait for the te stick… ihave the te stick as well and i had 2 buttons start to stick on it… i posted a topic on here and your suppose to put the buttons in alochol for a few minutes… worked like a charm

Care to post a link to said post?

I did this to an EX2 stick but to my RH button (blue koolaid jammer got me all excited lol) just yesterday. It was sticking pretty bad and I took a qtip soaked in rubbing alcohol then ran it around the edges of the problem button. All I had to do after that was press it about ten times and no more sticky.

Here ya go: http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=187352

Play a character who doesn’t use a medium kick. :stuck_out_tongue:

Your idea really helped me a lot. Thanks!

the HFS3 buttons pop right out actually from the top side.

Just get a flat head (or anything thin enough to fit through the cracks) wedge it into the button hole and pop it out really. The side where you put the flat head into is the the actual shaft the button depresses into the case. not the rounded edge that touches the case. because its sodered to the PCB you cant take out the ENTIRE button. This is how you clean out any sticky stuff in there.

give it a try when you get some time and let me know you did it!!!

Your method was a vast improvement compared to how the button was sticking before. It still sticks from time to time but it’ll suffice until I learn how to mod which won’t be until I’m better with using sticks. Thanks!