Stopping Randomness

Ok, if you’re playing scrubs all the time, like I do, you gotta train them to be more patient. It’s hard, and idk how to do it because they dont learn. Any tips?

when i was at evo, i played a few scrubs and i would punish their mistake(s), then tell them not to do it. if they did it again, i would punish it again, then remind them.

for example, one guy would roll a lot. so i would throw him out of his rolls every time. another guy would jump at my blanka (with a charge), so i would RC ball him out of the air and tell him not to randomly jump at blanka.

or if they’re abusing a poke (sagat’s crouching fierce), punish it, then tell them to mix it up and use other pokes (like standing short).

peace

It’s not like I’m losing, they just say “I play for fun” or some other scrubby excuse, and refuse to get better.

?

i’m not saying you’re losing. and it doesn’t matter if they play for fun or not. i don’t see how it would be fun to get hit by the same thing over and over again (like getting thrown out of your roll or AA’d by a blanka ball).

i’d recommend just saying it as simply as possible. don’t get into frame data, but that’ll be too advanced.

Man, no offense, but that sounds pretty obnoxious. If you’re just kidding around and talking trash with friends I understand, but to random people you play at the arcade? I would never do that. I’m scared of the whole liable to get randomly smacked in the face factor. :lol:

Re: Re: Stopping Randomness

yea, i didn’t phrase that the best way i could’ve. i would usually only tell people about their mistakes if they did it over and over, and i tried to do it in the nicest way possible with the intent to help (as opposed to the “you’re a scrub, i’m better” mentality). and i didn’t critique every player i played against either, just the ones who seemed like they needed the help, and they all took my advice, so whatever. i sound like a therapist:lol:.

and kcxj, i asked nestor where you were on saturday night (i think), and you were back at shilo, then he told me you were in the BYOC room, but i couldn’t find you in there. so i played valle and combofiend instead. but i did want to play against you, too bad though.

Ok, this is slightly off topic, but it does have something to do with “stopping randomness”…or rather “stopping scrubbiness”.

How come Capcom machines have, since the beginning of the SF series it seems, had a way of dealing with people who jam on the button they want to link? For example:
Rock: c lk, c lk, c mk is a doable combo. However, if you were to jam on the c mk, chances are good that the mk wouldn’t come out in time. Think of any example that has a rather strict frame timing for the link, and I think you’ll know what I’m talking about.
Does this have something to do with flooding/confusing the system?

I have no idea what you are asking.

good question. When doing links double tapping can be really effective but if you mash the button it won’t even come out until long after. Probably has to do with the lack of timing when you mash, and you do lose fractions of a second when the button is retracting. Double tapping works because the first tap is used as a safety just in case you hit it too early, but you’re still trying to time it properly. Mashing would work if the first or second presses were timed right but that would completely defeat the purpose of trying to mash.

The fastest I can mash a single button is maybe 6 times a second. With a game running at 60 fps, that’s once every 10 frames.
If I were to build a small circuit that does the rapid fire function, then set it to 30 taps per second, you get 50/50 1 frame links and 100% 2 frame links. So holding short while crouching with blanka would become free 3 hit combos.