Streaming situation for SFV beta. Capture card streaming is ok. Share button is DISABLED

**Article below confirms share button/direct ps4 streaming will not be available. **
http://www.capcom-unity.com/combofiend/blog/2015/07/23/sfv-beta-what-to-expect

EDIT: Ok so the word is you can stream from your PC with a capture card. Only thing that is banned is streaming directly from your PS4. Need a capture card hooked up to stream legally. A friend of mine said Valle was told by Capcom that PC streaming is fine.

Just want to confirm how/if you can stream the beta. Hearing some people say you cant stream directly from the system, but an el gato or avermedia streaming capture card should work.

A capture card should work. However (which I don’t think it’s the case) some games in beta phase are blocked from streams due to developer agreements signed at the very beginning of the beta. Also since the beta hasn’t started yet we don’t know that the stream has been blocked, recording could be blocked at the very beginning for various reasons.

Native streaming is not possible. A pop up telling you that streaming been disabled is the first thing you see when you start it. The beta is meant to test the netcode and likely don’t want want the results screwed with.

Ok so the word is you can stream from your PC with a capture card. Only thing that is banned is streaming directly from your PS4. Need a capture card hooked up to stream legally.

A friend of mine said Valle was told by Capcom that PC streaming is fine.

hopefully capcom will implement a system into the game that shows if your opponent is streaming or not (kind of like the microphone input) so you can opt out of playing anyone doing that. or maybe it will just be disabled from online play as standard.

i don’t mean for the beta …i mean the final product.

So the question kind of is - is there an NDA type thing? Have they banned streaming just to stop skewing the netcode results? or because they don’t want people streaming the game?

Could be a nada thing. But if streaming from computer is fine then prolly not. I hope recording is enabled

Probably not happening.

Only reason we’re not able to stream/record in the beta is because it’s a beta. I believe the same thing has happened in other betas on PS4 as well.

Why don’t you want to be streamed? Makes no difference to me.

I wonder about just capturing footage. I know streaming is blocked but what about capturing gameplay using the share button and uploading later? Guess we’ll find out later.

Yea unless there is a NADA at the very beginning of the Beta we should be able to record. that is what I am hoping for anyway… looking to record all my matches.

considering just setting up my iphone in front of my TV. don’t have a capturecard and i’m not gonna hold my breath for share button recordings to work out either.

Combofiend just generically tweeted and said that streaming the game should be fine. Did not specify if direct system streaming was allowed. Until then ill consider it as capture card only

Its capture card only, share button is disabled. If you are still streaming shoot out that link.

here is the link where he talks about it.
http://www.capcom-unity.com/combofiend/blog/2015/07/23/sfv-beta-what-to-expect

wouldn’t the person streaming create lag? i honestly don’t know how that system works.

Depends on your bandwidth, and up/down speed

Yeah I have 85mbps upload so streaming wouldn’t cause me any real change to the game delay itself. I could probably still do a couple other things at the same time and still not lag the game.