Street fighter 25th anniversary collection set

[LEFT]The limited edition Street Fighter® 25th Anniversary Collector’s Set includes:[/LEFT]

[LEFT] [/LEFT]

[LEFT]Past and Present Street Fighter® Games[/LEFT]

[LEFT] – Playable on current gen Xbox 360 console systems, the four critically-acclaimed titles selected from the star-studded catalog are: Super Street Fighter® II Turbo HD Remix, Street Fighter® III 3rd Strike Online Edition, Super Street Fighter® IV Arcade Edition with all costume DLC and Street Fighter® X Tekken® including all character and Swap Costume DLC. [/LEFT]

[LEFT]Exclusive Video[/LEFT]

[LEFT] – The two-disc Blu-Ray set includes a documentary that highlights the profound influence the franchise has had on fans - and vice versa - throughout the years. The collection of videos also includes Street Fighter®IV and Super Street Fighter®IV Anime movies as well as all episodes of the Street Fighter® animated series and Street Fighter®II: The Animated Movie. [/LEFT]

[LEFT]Light-up Ryu Statue[/LEFT]

[LEFT] – A specially commissioned and highly-detailed collectable Ryu statue stands prominently at 8” tall and features the iconic character in mid-Shoryuken, with flames lit from below. [/LEFT]

[LEFT]11-Disc Soundtrack[/LEFT]

[LEFT] – Street Fighter® game music spanning the past 25 years, in addition to remixes and fan-created music inspired by past Street Fighter® games. [/LEFT]

[LEFT]64-page Hardcover Art Book[/LEFT]

[LEFT] – A tribute to Street Fighter® game fans from all over the world, the art book includes fan pieces submitted by professional and aspiring artists alike. [/LEFT]

[LEFT]Ryu’s Belt[/LEFT]

[LEFT] – Created to regulation specs, the full-size martial arts black belt is a replica of the one Ryu wears and even includes his classic “Fūrinkazan” in kanji! [/LEFT]

[LEFT]Certificate of Authenticity[/LEFT]

[LEFT] – Each Collector’s Set comes individually numbered complete with a certificate of authenticity.[/LEFT]

[LEFT]I know this was on the front page but unfortunately its troll heaven there. So who is thinking about picking one of these sets up? I’m thinking of maybe getting it for the PS3 since already own all these titles on the 360. I wonder if MadCatz or Hori is planning a 25th anniversary fight stick like how Nubytech did for the 15th [/LEFT]
[LEFT]anniversary of Street fighter [/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]…$150 is a little steep though[/LEFT]

The only thing that’s keeping me from getting one is the fact that I have the games already, except for HD remix.

I have every game but I MUST have all those extras…

Cosign

man I was disappointed when I saw this was the big surprise. Not because I have all the games but I really thought (for some reason) they were going to release an alpha 3 on XBLA and PSN. oh well…guess I gotta wait for the 30th anniversary…

Fix SFxT before doing this Capcom. Anything to make an extra buck…

I just wish they would include the Alpha series it seems like it would be more appropriate than including Street fighter X Tekken for a 25th collection.
Damn and not even including Street Fighter Real Battle On Film (aka the movie) Thats blasphemy…:smiley:

This supposed to have classics yet they leave out Alpha 3 and include SFxT, idiots.

I might get it if I can pony up the money to spare. Hope a local distributor picks it up though, I’d hate to have to pay for customs for that box.

Where the fuck is Alpha 2 in all of this? I don’t care about a doll doing some queer jump and a fake black belt.

oh there’s a bluray of capcom jerking itself off too

For all those who are asking about Alpha, it’s because this is a collection of current gen games released on current gen hardware. Notice how it has pretty much every SF related game released on this gen of consoles? Since there was no Alpha this gen, or an Alpha collection or Alpha download, they didn’t include it. Also note how they have HDR, which is pretty much the red headed step child of Capcom who refuses to acknowledge its existence when it comes to bugs, patches, and shitty netcode (PSN, oh and they didn’t even QA test the game) in favor of ST? Because ST never came out on this gen of consoles. Isn’t that crazy? The last 3 gens had a ST port.

Anyway, it isn’t hard to understand why. At least they’re including a COMPLETE edition of SFxT and not a disc locked content edition.

I own 3S and HDR on my Xbox, AE2012 and wouldn’t piss on a copy of SFxTekken if it were alive and one fire.

But man, if all 4 games were on disc and 2 weren’t DLC vouchers, I’d pick this up.

The animated movie on Bluray interests me. However, without being remastered, I have low expectations for quality. Plus no word on what version it is. No interest in the US TV series though.

No point in buying this for the games. What is so collectible about a DLC code? The belt is more worthy a collector’s item than DLC codes and a AE game disc which I already have (SFxT is not even worth owning).

I’ll probably pick this up anyways since I am pretty big on collecting soundtracks and statues. Then I’ll pawn off the DLC codes to friends for a few bucks. But overall, this set is pretty dismally to me.

$150 is a VERY good price for everything that you get in this set! (Was hoping to see a pre-order price cut online but even Amazon is listing $150…)
IF I did own SF X Tekken and SSFIVAE, it’d make it harder to buy the set… I don’t own those two games plus the fact that I’m not paying for the DLC content…!
Also, I am hoping that SSF2HD remix is on the Blu ray set rather than requiring a download. Have the game already but wouldn’t mind a disc back-up for the inevitable day I get a second PS3 or replace the old Fatty when it dies.

Also, any of those soundtrack CD’s would cost at least $25-$30 by itself brand new in Japan and you’re getting 11 of them in the set! Still some very good tracks in the set.

The Ryu statue looks half-decent and the fact that it lights up should make it look neat at night.

The Blu ray collection of the animation is also a very good deal. No word on SF II: The Animated and whether or not it’s restored in HD – doubt it – the film is poorly treated by the video master owner and has NEVER had a decent remastering since the late 1994 Japanese LD release which is still the best home video release to date --, and it’s possibly only standard def. People seem to forget that Blu ray can hold SD video in addition to HD as well.
The SF IV anime OVAs I suspect are both HD (SF IV anime was at any rate) but I wouldn’t count on the SF: Animated series being HD – especially if it is the crummy series that ran on USA Network. Doubtful that series or its Japanese counterpart are available in anything but SD video. (The Japanese SF V animated TV series would be better but I doubt that’s what is in the collection.)

An artbook full of Capcom character is also nothing to sneeze at, either…

Same here. However, when I take out the crap I don’t care about (the anime, the statue, the belt), and keep the stuff I like (the soundtrack, the games), I’m coming up with a lot less than $150 of value for me. But, I suppose I could always buy it and eBay the extras.

I’m with the others though: I’d love to see Alpha 3 for XBLA/PSN included with this. (well, actually I’d prefer Alpha 2, but marketability points to 3)

In other news: THIS IS DELICIOUS!!! YES!!! YES!!!

It’s some cool shit, but you don’t have to give us the games. Enough with the games. Maybe something new that won’t be available for a while. But I would spend the money.

id rather buy the digital colletion disc for x360which has hd remix on it

Does it say some where that hd remix and 3S online is a DLC code? I don’t see the disc’s in the picture but I don’t see it mention DLC code either.

Edit: Never mind I found a larger picture of the bundle and see the online voucher next to the art book… lame

To be a “complete” collection with the latest versions of SF, it would still need:

• Street Fighter Alpha 3
  • Street Fighter EX 3
  • Street Fighter The Movie (the one with Van Damme!)

In all seriousness, just having Alpha 3 in there would’ve made a lot of people happy. Though I do sorta understand Capcom’s point of view that it’s an easy re-release of all the currently available games on the current-gen systems. I don’t like it, but I do see that it was a business decision to make.

I only interested in 2 Disc Blu-ray Video Set (only if they are remastered) which consist:

Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie.
Street Fighter IV: The Ties That Bind.
Super Street Fighter IV Original Film.
Street Fighter - The animated series.

The rest I am either already own or I do not need them.