Street Fighter X Tekken a Second Chance?

Actually, it’s quite surprising how easy it is to land j.HK followed-up with a BnB on them. :smiley:

Of course, I don’t want to rely on that as it may not work against smarter players.

Nina has a very weird jump arc so it’s not surprising that it works. Honestly I had to teach myself self control when fighting her because my natural reaction is to try and anti-air every jumping attack in game. Unfortunately Nina is one of those characters you really don’t want to bother knocking out of the air since a lot of her jumps are “safe.”

Some other things that I’ve favored Nina over Juri is that she has better damage and fewer hits, which means scaling will not be much of a factor. The downside is that her super and cross-ups are so difficult to connect. You will need sniper-like accuracy for you to nail them. XD

And shes got j.hp which stuffs AAs(cuz of the spear-like angle) alot which is phenomenal seeing as she do some big meterless damage AND some ridiculous damage with meter.

I see what you did there.

I don’t try to crossup up with her alot, ive learned my lesson

What i sometimes do is empty jump to cr. Forward. Or to the mashers, a raw launcher but not too much cuz she is a little girl with 900 health

Yeah Ninas jump ins are ambigious as hell, she can jump at you in the middle of the stage and cross you up mid air then stay in front of you with she lands, its crazy, also hwo’s dive kick is useful because you can combo afterwards on counter hit

Well the reason why rufus’s dive kick is that crazy cross up wakeup situation, while it is unsafe because its a cross up and doesnt look like a cross up you have to input you specials in the opposite direction at the LAST second to punish

Rufus’s divekick got nerfed, its not nearly as stupid as before. Didn’t it also get more recovery frames? Also air tatsu’s are easier to block as well.

yeah… i deciphered that by playing Ricky a lot in SF4. Same shit, same angles and timings. Once you see it enough you pick it up

I can only imagine how hard it is to land. I mean you have a week and a half to react to it. If you land that dive kick you deserve every bit of comboability you get. And IMO it should be comboable on regular hit

ok then most of the lili’s are shit lol. I’ve never seen any lili use a spin twirl foot first dive kick while jumping backwards unless it was the EX Version. If the dive kick is safe and comboable on non-EX versions then I dunno why people would burn meter to use it.

As for Xaio I know it’s unsafe on block but I havnt had enough attemps to try everything I can to beat it, and I havnt had enough of a problem with it to warrant going into the training room to test things out against it. I prefer to explore mid match until i get stuck.

yeah but rufus’s dive kick “nerf” actually helped him a bit, however tatsus hitboxes got nerfed

lol yeah i dont have alot of experience with Rufus by the time i started sf4 Yun was tearing shit up >.<
also about hwos divekick u can use it to punish certain AA’s like Ryus crouching fierce so it can be tricky, also the normal one can combo on a tag

i dont see how you can use it to punish much in this game, maybe lariat or a whiffed super but you’re probably better off going with a regular jump in combo. It’s just too slow to be practical IMO

welll, ill just keep surprising people with it then :stuck_out_tongue:

that’s kinda true. I’m sure there are competent lili players out there somewhere. Not everyone is alioune sensei or even me. I don’t think most lili’s know how to combo off of regular dive kick or even do a raw super arts after it. I got those set ups but i’m not gonna show it yet because i would hope the other lilis find it out first =D

So jump in hitboxes are still pretty dumb overall not necessarily 1.0 tatsu dumb but still pretty dumb?

Jmp ins aren’t that dumb you just gotta use the right AAs.

I’ve learned the hard way jumping in on Lili is a bad bad idea.

Jump ins are only dumb if your character has no proper anti-airs. And even if your character has no proper anti-airs, chances are that they have an air to air that would work pretty well. Take Heihachi for example; while his chrome dome and b.mp work decently as anti-airs (and f.lp to an extent), they really aren’t that great for it (at least in my experience). However, his jumping LK seems to beat pretty much every jumping attack I’ve faced so far (jumping HK also works but jumping LK seems to work better since it comes out a lot faster and seems to have more priority in air-to-air situations).

I can vouch for this(From MUCH experience with Heihachi). But you should maybe give cr.fierce a shot.
You stick it out there for the more far away jump ins and it works wonders. Ive never tried f.lp though. But my usual “go to” AA with him is prob b.strong definitly

yeah… try jumping in on me like half the idiots online (even against my Vega) and see how far that gets you. If it’s not a safe jump or meaty or a quick reaction jump to my poke chances are you’re gonna get knocked outta the air. The jumping in on people I see 9 times outta 10 is extremely risky. So you end up with a two-fold problem. Jump ins are presumed to be strong because people aren’t AAing them properly. People aren’t AA-ing them properly because they want a 1 button crouching or special move that AA’s (or they just dont know to AA at all) further re-enforcing the notion that jump ins are too strong.

Jump ins in this game are as they should be and as they are in most other fighting games. They are risky. They are far from too strong

oh yeah its not a good idea to jump on her. She gets stupid damage off anti airs. she has One of the best anti airs in the game. Has one the best air to air exchange normals in lk to mk and mp to hp. Oh and she has an air throw too. Stay on the ground if u fight lili.