Alright, so this is the first game I’m using my stick for that uses 6 buttons. I started with SFIV on a 360 pad 'cause I couldn’t afford a stick at that time, and while I couldn’t do all the combos I wanted to in that game, I made do with what I cared to learn. I mean, with Cammy for example, I could easily do things like c.lk, c.lp, c.lk xx h.spiral arrow up to stuff like cs xx fadc xx cs fadc xx ultra.
So now I’m switching to a stick… and I know my execution needs work, but I guess this new engine is confusing me. I know c.lk, c.lp, c.lk xx h.spiral arrow is still possible, but I only get it like 25% of the time, the other 75% she just cancels into c.hk. I can’t for the life of me figure out what I’m doing wrong… I know I’m doing the motion… as I have input being displayed. Am I not cancelling fast enough, do I need to let the stick return to neutral before spiral arrow (seems ridiculous), or what?
It seems like it comes out the most when I press hk before the qcf motion and let it go when it finishes, but why would that be the case? I’m so confused right now.
Edit: Here’s my inputs on trying a j.lk, c.lk, c.lp, c.lk, xx h.spiral arrow
Everything came out except the spiral arrow, she cancelled into a n.hk.