SUPER FINISH! Friday Jan. 30, 6th Remix Tournament (Matchups posted)

Tournament date: Friday, Jan. 30, 2009, 7PM PST, 8PM MST, 9PM CST, 10PM EST, 3AM GMT

Rules:
Settings: Best of 3 rounds, Best of 3 matches, Grand Final Best of 5 matches, Double elimination, Loser allowed to counterpick, Winner must stick with the same character, Speed 3, Time On
Banned: Vega (Claw) and Start colors for disconnect issues

Brackets will be seeded based on the results of the previous tournaments, so that past champions and runners up do not play each other in the 1st round:

1st Tournament
Champion: Syxx573
Runner up: Blitzfu

2nd Tournament
Champion: Syxx573
Runner up: Krazzy

3rd Tournament
Champion: True Old School
Runner up: VOLTECH

4th Tournament
Champion: True Old School
Runner up: AGX2123

5th Tournament
Champion: TheGreench
Runner up: Syxx573

This tourney is 16 players ONLY. If we have 32 players, I might consider doing single elimination. We’ll see, but for now it’s 16 only, double elim. If someone else wants to step up to do a 32 double elim, or possibly a 2nd 16 player bracket, I will gladly step down and/or help out.

I’m not gonna use IRC cuz I don’t have a router, and can’t use my PC and be on PSN at the same time. We’ll use PSN text, same as before. I’ll post the brackets the day of the tourney or sooner if possible.

The first person in every matchup will create a 2 player room and text his opponent (2nd person) to join him. Give that person 5 mins and 5 mins ONLY to respond. They will then be considered a bye, as we don’t want to hold up the pace of the tourney. The winner of every set MUST text me that they won (just text username blitzfu if you haven’t added me or don’t have any space). The losers don’t have to text me.

I will then text the winners and losers with their next matchups. If you get a text saying “invite so and so” that means you gotta create the room and invite so and so. If you get a text saying “so and so will invite you” or “you’re playing so and so next”, WAIT for the invite and don’t create a room by yourself. If you DON’T get a text from anybody within 10 mins of your last matchup, then text me.

If any disconnects occur, or if both ppl in the match claim to have won, there will be a rematch (up to 3 rematches for each disconnect). The previous matches that DID NOT disconnect will stand as is. On the 4th disconnect, both players are disqualified and the match will be invalidated, and the next opponent gets a free pass to the next round.

BIG THANKS to Syxx for running the past couple of tourneys and then posting the vids on youtube. Big thanks to Krazzy and Voltech for posting vids as well. You’ve all done SRK a big service, and it is much appreciated. I hope someone else can post some vids of this tourney, but not a big deal.

blitzfu
TheGreench
Just1N6o4
jeffhizzle254
BustahWulf
DaFeetLee
Lone82Wolf
TruAj
roastbeef56
Vampanakin
Faux123
SaintConnor
SnakeEyez
Biggo256
VOLTECH
Shin00bism

Backups:
OG_SiN
R.O.Y.C.E
rcaido

Add me

Sign me up

I’m in

DaFeetLee

I’m all in baby sign me up

Lone82Wolf

OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

sure y not , in!

put me in. i wont flake this time i promise. hehe

W00t!

My first one! I’ll give it a shot!

I’m in.

me me me. Count me in again.

If you could run these later I’d probably be in. like… 10 PST.

you know im in…sign me up!

Hmm saint Conner your with Empire? Dunno if you remember me, It Imajinn PSN name:wgrin:

I’ll join. It was fun losing in last week’s tourney :rofl:

Last one was pretty fun; sign me up too.

Although it won’t be officially run from IRC, I hope to see some banter there as well!

yea IRC was fun :lol:. Maybe some that have IRC should get on a channel to talk and stuff.

I’m back sign me up!
BTW I have mIRC

blitzfu
TheGreench
Just1N6o4
jeffhizzle254
BustahWulf
DaFeetLee
Lone82Wolf
TruAj
roastbeef56
Vampanakin
Faux123
SaintConnor
SnakeEyez
Biggo256
VOLTECH

This time works for me. Sign me up.

blitzfu
TheGreench
Just1N6o4
jeffhizzle254
BustahWulf
DaFeetLee
Lone82Wolf
TruAj
roastbeef56
Vampanakin
Faux123
SaintConnor
SnakeEyez
Biggo256
VOLTECH
Shin00bism (me)

Hmmm… Looks like I just missed out. I’ll join if someone doesn’t make it…