Super Street Fighter 4 tourney Boston MA Jan. 22nd 2011

There will be a SSF4 tourney in Boston MA and they asked me to help out. Here are the details

TO’s #-347 278 7314 Ask for Amar

Super Street Fighter 4 tourney (PS3 and 360)

One tourney will be on 360 ONLY and the other will be on PS3 ONLY

Single’s only

$15 Tourney fee for each tourney**(You don’t have to enter both tourney’s but you do have that option)**

$5 venue(non refundable)

If you are able to bring a set up(TV alone or system and game) you will get your venue fee waived.
If any of your items aren’t used in the tourney then your fee will not be waived
Please let the TO’s know what your bringing so we can prevent extra work from player’s.

Venue:
Marcus Garvey Center
116 Malcolm X blvd.
Roxbury MA 02132

Time:
2pm doors open
3pm the event will be starting

Rules:
Double Blind pick is an option-One player will call over a ref/TO and whisper in their ear what character they are going to play. The oppenent will then have to pick his character and then the said player will chose the character he relayed to the ref. The match starts after that is done.
These are the people that should only be asked to do this-the pestazoid aka Vigilante,Amar,or Millie(Amar’s Girlfriend)

2 out of 3 matches
3 out of 5 for Winner’s,Loser’s, and Grand final’s

Winner of first match stay’s with that character.Loser has the option to change character’s but doesn’t have too. After loser pick’s character winner has the option to change Ultra’s if they want too.

Annoucement/DQ rules
1st call-1st warning
2nd call-2nd warning
3rd(Final) call-Forfeit match

There will be a 2min gap between each call. Please let any of the TO’s know where your going to avoid being disqualified.

Prizes:TBH but there will be a 1st,2nd,and 3rd.

BYOC-Bring your own controller!!

There will be awards for loyal player’s that keep showing up to their tourney’s! Please discuss with them personally.

There will be a tourney for each system and you will have to pay the tourney fee for each. It would end up being $35 for the whole thing. We have to be out by a certain time so please bring set-ups to make the tourney run smoother! I will update with more info when I hear update’s from the TO. If you get lost please call this #-347 278 7314

LOL WHAT pay for EACH SYSTEM? ya dude youre dreaming. $35 tourney entry? dude you are clueless.

you do realize that I am just the messanger right?

send them a message, they need to fix their junk

You do realize then that YOU would probably have a better shot of telling them theyre absolutely brain dead rather than me calling and saying “yeaah this is gridman from the boston thread, the pestazoid wanted me to call you and tell you no one is going to come for $35 for your tournament.”

doesnt seem like you’re “just the messenger”

What makes you think I haven’t mentioned this? I am not going to tell somebody over and over again when they don’t listen. They also know me as Tom so everybody can use that if everybody wants to call them and argue the tourney fee’s. They are new to running Street Fighter tourney’s but they want to learn and are the nicest of people. I am now going to ask the community to help me out and reduce the tourney fee to $10 instead of $15. The phone number is listed so why doesn’t the community call or text them with the suggestion? If you text please text this “Street fighter boston tourney, please lower the tournament fee to $10 a system”. I am sure if there was enough protest they would change it.

who are ‘they’? i googled ‘marcus garvey center roxbury’ and this is the 1st [media=youtube]fvcB5xHZ_6A[/media] that shows up. interesting

It was the TO’s girlfriend doing all the recording, like I said they are new to the SF scene but want to learn how to properly run SF tourney’s. That was their first tourney and ended up doing alot of advertisement. They actually printed out fliers and advertised on craigslist for the tourney. They also put their last tourney on here but they only put it in the calender section of SRK. If you ask AsianTom about them I am sure he will know who they are, I was told they were e-mailing each other. I personally think if there is another person willing to TO tourney’s then why not show them the way to do it. If everybody can help out we can even have a scene in Boston that more player’s are able to get to. Wouldn’t it be nice to have a weekly session that player’s in Boston can get too!

If they want to learn, and arent willing to listen to someone who is suppose to be HELPING THEM, why would they listen to others? You can just show them this thread and the reception its got and if they dont change their mind then its not a huge deal bruh. Just definitely not going to go, and neither is anyone else, if the entry fee is fucking $35 and you HAVE to play on both systems. How much of that $35 is going to 1st? Id like to know because it smells like 90% of that entry fee would be going to those running it and not top 3.

I may have just typed the info wrong but everybody is misunderstanding. Since they decided not to have teams they are having 2 seperate tourney’s on each system. One will be on 360 and one will be on PS3. Nobody is obligated to enter both tourney’s but each player has the option to. May I ask Craig, did you read my previous post on how they spent money on flier’s and other things needed to make sure the tourney runs effectively? They have even asked if anybody know’s of any other venue’s they might consider a change. If anybody has any suggestion’s please post up

If I remember correctly wasn’t ATB $15 tourney fee? Player’s went to that tourney and didn’t complain so what’s the difference with ATB and this tourney?

I would like to set the record straight about the tournament. My name is Amar and I am the person throwing the tournament. Before I state the facts and correct the errors I want to say I am throwing this tournament because I would like to find the best players in Boston and have them travel cross country and get paid to play and compete in various video game tournaments. Why? Because I like it and I want to see people get paid. Plus I think Boston has the best players in the country and I want to prove that point. Plus I like Street Fighter. So now the facts about the tournament.

So there are a lot of mistakes done with the post in regards to the tournament. First of all the tournament entry is not $35. It seems like individuals who have read this have a reading problem. The post in no way says that the tournament entry is $35. The entry to get in is $15 plus $5 venue fee. Second YOU DON’T HAVE TO PLAY ON BOTH SYSTEMS. YOU DECIDE WHAT SYSTEM YOU WANT TO PLAY ON. If an individual decides to play on both systems to compete than there is a fee for each system. THAT IS BECAUSE WE ARE PAYING OUT SEPARATE CASH PRIZES FOR EACH SYSTEM. SO TO PUT IT IN SIMPLETON LANGUAGE IF A PERSON WINS FOR XBOX THAN HE GETS THE CASH PRIZE FOR XBOX. IF SAID PERSON DECIDES TO COMPETE(FREEWILL) IN THE PS3 TOURNAMENT THAN AND WINS THAT ONE THAN THAT PERSON ALSO WINS THE CASH PRIZE FOR THAT SYSTEM. IT IS NOT MANDATORY TO PAY FOR BOTH SYSTEMS. I-T I-S O-P-T-I-O-N-A-L. It seems that this may not be clear enough for some so I will address each concern in each post individually to clear things up. Any questions about the tournament please ask me directly and nobody alse Ask for Amar and call 347 278 7314 and also email amarkeiller@yahoo.com.

@CMX You can send me the message sir. The junk is fixed. And for the record from what I am seeing the only people in Massachusettes with enough heart and passion to throw street fighter events are the cool people out in Lowell and Framingham and most places outside of the Boston area. So much respect to everybody and everyone in the state that provides an outlet for people to enjoy themselves do what they like to do and play to their hearts content. I welcome you to give suggestions that make sense and are encouraging. As far as junk I challenge you to do a better tournament and I would even be willing to wager to see your outcome versus mine. I DO THIS FOR THE LOVE NOT FOR THE PROFIT so come with better comments or fall back.

THIS IS FROM THE OFFICIAL TOURNAMENT ORGANIZER.

@GRIDMAN You would be the brain dead one sir because you obviously can’t read. THE TOURNAMENT ENTRY IS NOT $35. Second I didn’t ask the kind gentleman to help out and post the ad. He called me and asked if he could post it for me. Also the first tournament that we threw in Boston in December was TEN DOLLARS ONLY NO VENUE FEE. SO IF PRICE IS YOUR ISSUE GENIUS I WONDER HOW COME YOU DIDN’T SHOW UP. I tell you why you didn’t show up. BECAUSE YOU ARE A COMPLAINER. AND PEOPLE THAT COMPLAIN THE MOST ARE EITHER BROKE, DON’T HAVE THE SKILLS TO PLAY STREET FIGHTER OR A COMBINATION OF BOTH. IN FACT TO PROVE MY POINT I WILL GIVE YOU A FREE ENTRY TO GET INTO THE TOURNAMENT ON BOTH SYSTEMS JUST TO PROVE THAT YOU ARE GARBAGE.

Thx Amar for clearing things up but no lie Gridman is good. I may have some opinion’s about people but I can admit that he(or anybody else for that matter) is a skilled player. I hope we can just make this misunderstanding “water under the bridge”.

@lol im bad

Now if you google it you won’t find it. However this is the second tournament and the PLACE OBVIOUSLY EXISTS. Now I am sure everyone has heard of Dudley station as well as O’bryant High School. The Marcus Garvey Center is right across the Street from these places. IF YOU NEED CONFIRMATION JUST ASK THE INDIVIDIDUAL (THE PESTAZOID) that posted the original ad for the tournament if it exists, where it is located and how to get there. Also just so it can be known (THE PESTAZOID) IS THE PERSON THAT ONE OUR FIRST STREET FIGHTER TOURNAMENT ON BOTH SYSTEMS. So as far as who we are and if we are credible PLEASE ASK HIM IF WE ARE AND IF HE GOT PAID. ALSO ASK HIM HOW MUCH HE WON. Also ask him if we are cool people that are flexible to work with everybody. Any other questions please ask me THE OFFICIAL ORGANIZER and know one else so you can get the facts.

I have thrown tournaments in the past in New York and Washington D.C. However this past December was my very first Street Fighter Tournament and also my first tournament in Boston. Second again my name is Amar and my goal is to find people in the Mass area primarily Boston work with them and set up competitions across the country so the people from boston can make money and turn playing video games into a financial vehicle where the can do what they love and get paid. SO WE ARE ARE PEOPLE THAT LOVE BUSINESS AND SEE A POTENTIAL FOR STREET FIGHTER TO MAKE PEOPLE THAT JUST PLAY AS HOBBY AND PROVIDE THEM WAYS GET THEIR NAMES OUT THEIR AND REPRESENT WITH LOTS OF MONEY IN THEIR POCKETS. IN A NUTSHELL THAT IS WHO WE ARE.

@The Pestazoid I understand where you are coming from. However there are ways to express things and go about things. My intention for these tournaments are TO REPRESENT BOSTON AND GET OTHER PEOPLE PAID. I wouldn’t care how good gridman is I would be happy to import plenty people from different places to defeat him. However, I just want to have a good time, watch people have fun and create something REAL BIG FOR STREET FIGHTER PLAYERS HERE. You know I am flexible and all the other comments just seem unnecessary. Plus I think it is only fair that you tell people that it was your suggestion for the higher price not mine. ALSO AGAIN I DIDN’T MAKE A PROFIT FROM THE FIRST ONE. AND DESPITE THAT I AM STILL GOING FORWARD. WHY BECAUSE I KNOW BOSTON AGAIN HAS THE BEST PLAYERS AND I AM DEDICATED TO FINDING THEM, MAKING THEM WELL KNOWN THROUGHOUT THE COUNTRY AND MAKING THEM A LOT OF MONEY. SO FROM THIS POINT ON FOR ME WATER UNDER THE BRIDGE. I wouldn’t charge that much of anything if I had sponsors but this is SELF FINANCED. THAT IS WHY I DON’T DO PERCENTAGES I DO STRAIGHT FIXED CASH AMOUNTS. I DO THAT TO MAKE PEOPLE FEEL GOOD ABOUT THE TIME THEY SPENT. THAT IS ALSO WHY I GIVE FIRST SECOND AND THIRD PLACE PRIZES. PLUS THE MORE I CHARGE THE MORE I PAYOUT AND THE BIGGER I CAN REPRESENT THE BOSTON AREA TO PEOPLE IN OTHER STATES.

Please check your e-mail Amar thx

So who else have you set up to send them across the country to compete? Id love to know since all the players who are actually good and can compete at the high level, are on teams. Like myself and my brother. Who are you affiliated with? What top players do you send to compete across the country? What tournaments did you run in new york? who are you going to “import” to beat me? im pretty sure “import” is the wrong term there but hey whatever. if im so terrible, please play me for money. i would love to beat you. why should i go to this tournament when the tournament organizer has TO RANDOMLY TYPE IN ALL CAPITALS TO GET HIS POINT ACROSS. ITS LIKE hes typing normal for a little bit and then you the steam starts to blow AND YOU START TYPING LIKE THIS TO GET YOUR POINT ACROSS.

please dude, no ones heard of you, and the person you asked to help advertise this said “$35 total.” and its in fucking roxbury. are you serious? why SHOULDNT anyone call you out? im sorry im the only one who noticed and had the balls to call it out.

also they used expenses to cover fliers? what does paper cost? Amazon.com: HP Multipurpose Copy/Laser/Inkjet Paper, 96 Brightness, 20 lb, Letter Size (8.5 x 11), 500 Sheets (11200-0): Office Products

$5 dollars for ** 500 sheets ** i sure as fuck havent seen one flier so they couldnt have posted it all over the place. ink is costly sure but you can print shit at libraries and computer labs at school.

i think rob and i will go and just take all the free money that will be there. for each system.

Can we please play for money? Puhleeeeeeeeeezeeeeeeeeeeee. I also didnt know about that tournament since you didnt make a thread and posted it on the calendar which NO ONE PAYS ATTENTION TO YOU STUPID IDIOT. OMG LIKE I CANT BELIEVE U POSTED IT THERE AND NOT MAKE A THREAD. ill tell you why you didnt post a thread about it. BECAUSE THE PEOPLE WHO DO THAT ARE EITHER MENTALLY BRAINDEAD, AN IDIOT, OR COMPLETELY NEW TO THE SCENE AND SPEWING BULLSHIT. IN FACT TO PROVE MY POINT ID LOVE TO PLAY U FOR MONEY IN EITHER SYSTEM PS3 OR XBOX. ANY AMOUNT + $10 FOR ME TO GRACE U WITH MY PRESENCE. JUST TO PROVE MY POINT ILL TELL U WHO IM GONNA PLAY TOO. THAT IS IF U ARENT TOO AFRAID TO ACCEPT HUH? SO WHAT WILL IT BE HUH AMAR? ONCE AGAIN I AM GRIDMAN. AND I HAVE EXPORTED MYSELF TO TOURNAMENTS AROUND MASS, NH, MAINE, LAS VEGAS, PHILLY, AND NEW JERSEY. MY NAME IS GRIDMAN AKA T.HAWK GUY AKA GRIDMIN. SO WHATS IT GONNA BE HUH.

The last place I’d want to bring a TV and electronic equipment is to Roxbury

No offense but my dad was held up at gun point in Roxbury and my dad’s friend was murdered in Roxbury over a mere 150 dollars(survived by his wife and daughter)

The last place i would ever want to go to is Roxbury