Super Street Fighter II Turbo, in the house

CPU Akuma’s throw range.

lol. Love the shadow of dead bison there. Crazy throw range.

That’s pretty ridiculous.

i play very often on GGPO and never usually find myself waiting longer than 5 min for someone to match with. when i do, they are usually very friendly as well. on supercade, it’s mostly third strike that people seem to play from the little bit i’ve used it.

GGPO works really well, i’ve been having matches with my brother in thailand and they’ve been surprisingly smooth. im the US and most players in japan seem to be pretty lag-free as well. the way GGPO works, i don’t really understand, but it does a good job of hiding the lag that must be there. i’d recommend it

ggs to fart catcher at AE though u had input problems still great challenge and fun vs your old ken.

Battosai are those your cars? Which kind are they? For me, I’ve been doing well against Akuma players on GGPO. Seems like they don’t know how to use Akuma to make them broken or I just that damn good.

Gotta say it kinda grinds my gears that Evo has an old Smash game in their official lineup but doesn’t have anything for ST. Maybe it’s because kuroppi and everyone else involved with ToL/ToL2 did such an amazing job, but with him stepping down it would’ve made it easier to integrate back into Evo…

Regardless, I know there’s some stuff in the works and some Japanese presence this year assuming there’s an event, so I’m planning to make it out to whatever there is. It’s the only reason I’ll come south of the border :wink:

The problem with ST at large events isn’t lack of effort, it’s setups. No one can afford to have arcade perfect ST at events larger than like 50 people. If you hold it on HDR classic people won’t come.

Ugh. We have no one to blame but ourselves (and Capcom for not giving us a digital SF2 compilation release yet). Shit, we could even get a bunch of Dreamcasts and Toodle’s disks together and lend out DC adapters/Cthulhu sticks if that would assuage the “no CPS2 no play” whiners.

I agree with this assessment. Having the standard be arcade-perfect ST is a BIG issue for TOs. We’re lucky to have them at Evo, but this primarily due to the fact that we have a lot of TOs in California and in Vegas who have access to this equipment. The rest of the country is largely boned. VERY few people are willing to drop $500+ for arcade ST.

Even then, there’s the issue of gathering enough DC setups and sticks (the main problem) to hold ST. This is largely why the Undamned options are so attractive. We can let the players bring whatever modern sticks they prefer, which puts less stress on everyone involved.

OG SRK here. I miss those days:

Streaming right now.

The wiki mentions that you can choose a glitched version of claw who can store Scarlet Terror charge. How? Press strat when you spend the coin and keep it pressed? Choose the character with start, or what?

That is for Hyper Street Fighter 2 (or Anniversary Edition/AE as it is also known). Before selecting the Super Turbo option, press and hold start and then press a button to select it. This will give you the unfixed (read: better) versions of Vega, Chun, and Honda.

#buffclaw keepo
So this isn’t a thing on the ST ROM, I take it? Is the default flip kick glitched or fixed in that?

There technically are ST ROM revisions that fix this, but I believe only the Dreamcast version has it. The DC version also lets you select the version of the game without the glitches fixed so it doesn’t really matter.

Is it a thing in the Jap Fightcade rom?

No. All four Super Turbo arcade roms (World/Asia, North America/Europe, South America, and Japan) have access to the main character glitches: Honda/Chun storable super and ochio, Vega storable upkicks, First frame attacks connecting on characters blocking 50% of the time (mostly only useful to O.Ryu/O.Ken) and Ken/Sagat/Sim not being able to reversal super. Japan rom has the Gief neutral jumping headbutt causing instant stun, the World rom has the O.Gief HK Suplex reversal glitch, and the US rom (and maybe others??) has the O.Honda throw freeze glitch.

So that’s what happened. I was playing as O Honda and he just froze in his throw animation kinda like Guile’s statue in World Warrior. This happened like 8 or 9 years ago

I’ve encountered the O.Honda throw freeze glitch on Japanese and American boards, not sure about the world version/ROM.