Super Street Fighter II Turbo, in the house

Question, how do you combo guile’s super. I’ve been trying to cancel crouch strong into it, but it just aint happening.

I’ve tried:
1.strong xx cdb, df, db, uf+K - super comes out too late and doesn’t combo
2.cdb, df+strong, db, uf+K
3.cdb, df, db+strong, uf+K
These two just end up as strongs cancelling into flash kicks.

I also tried changing the last part to ub+K cause its quicker but still nothing. Whats the proper method of cancelling crouching strong or any other crouching attack with guile into super?

Thanks in advance
r3ko

haha wtf i can never get guiles super off :((( I tried my hardest doing a ‘smooth motion’ like

cdb, d, df, d, db, d, df, f , uf + k that doesnt work :frowning: am i going too slow?

it’s that one, except hit ub+k insted. I like to kinda roll the stick from df all the way to up back (like a half rotation) hitting strong half way, i find it easier that way.

so the motion would be…cdb, df, d, db+strong, b, ub+k.

Thanks alot, its working now, with some practice i’m sure i’ll be able to get it off fairly consistently, the damage it does is deals out is impressive.

It’s much easier (and more practical) to do 2 d.LKs or d.LPs into it. You can also hit-confirm this way and do it after crossup j.LK.

d.LP x2, super flash kick motion+LP~HK
or
d.LK x2, super flash kick motion+LK~HK

I think it’s kara or renda cancelling or something… meh, whatever it is, it is MUCH easier than straight up cancelling.

NKI, JSJ, Sabre, whoever, can you guys suggest a character to start with for a begining player? Every time I play this game I feel stupid, the game doesn’t sit well / feel right with me, and I’d like to remedy that. I’m not looking to win tournaments, just have some fun with it is all.

;p

well a gurly man like yourself should play with chun li.

OG Ken is pretty simple.

Claw and Boxer are both ownage, not saying that you should start with them just saying. :tup:

This game is alot more dependant on normals and knowing what beats what than much anything else I played, I’ve noticed that much.

I am leaning towards Chun-Li though.

;D

Dictator (Bison/Vega) is pretty easy to use IMO, and more than anything he is FUN!!!

fools are lucky i wasnt in the 3on3

THATS RIGHT I SAID IT

how come gian wins every throw battle against me (and not against nuki)?

And how come NKI is the goddamn sexiness? Besides playing XvSF, I am a psychic. Behold:

http://www.shoryuken.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97513

What’s up Buk? I’m Victor, I met you playing random a3 and st matches in Valle’s room at like 9 am. Good shit dood. Too bad you’re a bully.

-vic

Haha

No Vietnambush for you this year, huh? =p

Ok… I have to ask this… NKI… what the hell was up with the character selection in Top 8 this year?

4 chuns? (you, buk, nuki, tokido) (even though I saw tokido use Vega too)

What the heck was with that? I know Chun’s pretty good… but isn’t she strictly mid tier in this game? (dhalsim+bosses=top, then come shotos+ dee jay).

And the counterpoint, where was O.Sagat? Chun’s most feared counter character?

And, my friend Billy was discussing the Vega “soft ban” in Japan that people have talked about. Which made me think that when I went to Japan, I saw vega’s being played (a really cheap CE vega at MORE). Is the “soft ban” thing really true? I’m starting to think not.

Thanks for your time

Actually I think dictator is one of the harder characters to use at first. He has nothing abusable at all.

Easy players to start with, I would say DJ is pretty easy. He has an ansti-air special, a fireball, decent normals, a crossup, etc. OG Ken is a good choice, any Ryu is a good choice. OG Boxer is a good choice as well. (And OG Boxer is pretty good to boot, very underrated.)

how is og ken diff from new ken? also, other than knee bash trickery and short short super, what is new ken good at? (i’m picking him up)

i’m also picking up feilong, any tips with him other than whoring lk firedp?

Maybe better cross-ups

Anyway, ST is the dogs!

I need help on a ryu vs fei long matchup I have no idea what to do in that situation and in short, I got raped by sabre in my ST pool last week.

oh hehe i played you? i remember.

big thing with fighting fei long with a shoto is you cannot wiff against him. when fei sits outside of shotos maximum effective range, you just make the shoto player barely wiff a low forward/sweep/dp, and its free rekka all day. definitely need to know your ranges with shotos in that matchup or you will eat rekkas all day. good thing to do if fei is that close on you and jumping ends up not working, is use fireballs in his face when fei is sitting right outside the shotos max range. its fast enough to where he cant react, and he cant do rekkas. but the fei player can predict this and do an early jump or try and hit you with a dp (feis initial dp frames have insanely good range) so you still need to be wary.

easiest way to beat fei tho, is just zone him out. get away from him, get breathing space, and force him to jump over fireballs. and sweep fei everytime he lands. as far as i know, fei has no jumpins to beat a shoto’s AA sweep from max distance. from that range, fei has a VERY VERY hard fight. if its n.fei, he has a better chance to get inside with using his jackknife kicks(or whatever its called), if its o.fei, its damn near impossible for him to win when he gets stuck in the fireball sweep loop.

hope that kinda helped bud